News Cameron Ling retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Cameron Ling to retire

Does anyone know if it will be on Fox sports news at all? or sky news?

Im sorry if its already been mentioned. Im at work and dont have time right now to go through at the comments.

Does anyone know if it will be on Fox sports news at all? or sky news?

Im sorry if its already been mentioned. Im at work and dont have time right now to go through at the comments.

It's on Foxsports News now turn on to 513

edit: Linga is running late presser hasn't started as yet

Any chance he's announcing that he'll drop down to VC to allow Selwood to take the captaincy?

Edit. I guess not. *sad face*

Live on SEN too.

Just announced by Linga, love ya Lingy!

Ling said he's retiring. Thanking parents and teammates and coaches and club and girlfriend. Says his sister's about to have a baby today so he's off to visit her after the presser!

Live on SEN too.

Ling said he's retiring. Thanking parents and teammates and coaches and club and girlfriend. Says his sister's about to have a baby today so he's off to visit her after the presser!

Thanks man. I'm not near a TV, radio or internet that allows streaming. Has there been any mention of who will be replacement captain mate?

Ling is an out and out champion.

Live on SEN too.

Just removed a post speculating he'd make the announcement at the Carji Medal tomorrow.

What a wonderful way to go out. A good year form wise, culminating in a top performance in a premiership winning team.
Didnt I hear that Cook has said they'd like Ottens and Milburn on 1/2 year contracts next year?

Read somewhere where the club was attempting to talk Otto into going around again. No mention of Dash.

Balmy has said a couple of times that when the so called draft boot camp is out of the way the club will have discussions with those contemplating retirement.

Cameron Ling has formally announced his retirement.

Thanked the club for a wonderful 12 years was a boyhood dream to play for the Cat's the team he grew up supporting.

Was a bit emotional when saying goodbye to the boys the thing he is going to miss the most is just the relationships you build when training and playing with the guy's.

All the team were there to see the presser.

Lingy was thinking about retiring through the year but only came to the decision in the last few days. Decision made after a chat with CS on Sunday.

Finishes on 246 games 3x Premierships 1x AA

A combination of mental and physical factors made the decision still loves coming to work each day but it is the right time to move on.

Club has asked him what he wants to do in the future Lingy said he wants to have 12 months off but does want to be involved in the future

Just removed a post speculating he'd make the announcement at the Carji Medal tomorrow.

What a wonderful way to go out. A good year form wise, culminating in a top performance in a premiership winning team.

Read somewhere where the club was attempting to talk Otto into going around again. No mention of Dash.

Balmy has said a couple of times that when the so called draft boot camp is out of the way the club will have discussions with those contemplating retirement.

Think Ling wanted to get it out of the way so he can enjoy the Carji tomorrow with his mates. Fair enough. Wonderful career, love him.

Yeah if you listen to Cook on radio yesterday he didn't explicitly say that, but you did get the impression they'd like Otto to go on to help the young rucks. I think that's 50-50 at best though, if you listened to him interviewed today he sounded very much still wavering about what he's going to do and said he'll decide in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks man. I'm not near a TV, radio or internet that allows streaming. Has there been any mention of who will be replacement captain mate?

Ling is an out and out champion.

Nah not yet. There's a process that needs to be gone through for the board and the leadership group to ratify the new captain, even though we all know it's 99.9 % certain it'll be Selwood. They'll announce it when that's been done.

Thanks to Linga for all his fantastic dedication and hard work over the journey. I hope he gets a gig on TV, he's a very personable guy.

I thought I read somewhere that Dash was being spoken to about going on another year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I read somewhere that Dash was being spoken to about going on another year
You could be right. Just haven't seen it. As Balmy has suggested I'm sure all will become clear when the dust settles. What with the celebrations, draft camp and the Carji tomorrow there's a bit occupying the minds of the powers that be at present.

Bugger! What a great player and played a blinder in the grand final his last quarter qoal was epic,told my mum, she actually cried,we all love him in our house!! Thanks linga

I heard this and felt mixed emotions. I was baffled when i got the msg from my brother that he'd pulled the ping today. I was coming back from ther parade stage where i thought he'd mention it there. Anyway...
personally i'm a bit shattered as i love watching him play, he's so vital to the team with the rolls he plays and an inspirational leader. We all love Linga.
I feel good though knowing he went out on the best possible note. Playing one of his best games, skippering a Premiership side and even kicking the last goal. Bloody legend!!!!
I think i speak for all when i say We love ya Linga. Enjoy your roll with 7 next year. Show the others how it's done in the media!!

I also love the fact that I was looking right at him when the final siren went on Saturday. The smile on his face I will never forget. I quickly whipped out my camera and took a couple of snaps of him... they turned out pretty crappy but ill be sure to keep them:thumbsu:

3 Cheers for Dinga!

:thumbsu:

An Icon the likes few have the privilege to have seen...

We are a blessed generation of Geelong supporters...

The embodiment of never quitting and believing that you can do it....

Thanks Cameron Ling!

No more words. Just thank you for what you have done! Lingy.
We wish you all the very best!
You are a true Geelong champion!

917961-2009-afl-grand-final.jpg

Memories last a lifetime- the blood swiping episode with Buckley in the early 2000s sticks in my mind as we farewell Linga. mmmm what happened after that- Ling went on to win 3 flags, Buckley NONE, one owns half of Geelong and the other assisted to knife Malthouse and now coaches,,,errr,,,you know the rest. Linga, forever the star!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

News Cameron Ling retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back