Can’t justify a new thread - still want to post it though, (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm already sick of the Olympics.

Don't give a rats arse.

Please stop the shit ads and destroyed Men at Work cover.

i would rather they use the billions in ill-gotten plunder and stopped the murder of Palestinian children.

I agree. The Olympics are a pointless extravagance, a junket of the entitled to compete for their own glory in sports which inspire our indifference except for two shrill weeks every four years.

Although, I'm looking forward to the breakdancing at Paris...

I agree. The Olympics are a pointless extravagance, a junket of the entitled to compete for their own glory in sports which inspire our indifference except for two shrill weeks every four years.

JB!
We need you posting about the footy again.

When China can blatantly tell WADA to GAGF it makes it a bit of a mockery. I will be tuning into some womens beach volleyball though as im positive its a drug free, legitimate sport

I would have preferred shuffle dancing but that's only because I can't do it

When China can blatantly tell WADA to GAGF it makes it a bit of a mockery. I will be tuning into some womens beach volleyball though as im positive its a drug free, legitimate sport

Some Parisian beach volleyball in the summertime? I might pay it some attention...

Every time I read our Injury thread I think of an ad that is running on US TV.

There is this woman sitting in a hospital bed and the doctor comes in and says, 'Hi Brenda'. The woman replies 'the name is Carol', he then says 'exactly'.

He then asks 'which leg'? She says, 'shoulder'. His response? 'It is all related'.

So when offering an opinion on injuries (I include myself), the answer is 'it is all related' and you never be truly wrong.

Personal improvement. It’s something Fly talks about all the time, being the best version of yourselves.

Which got me thinking how many players we have that are improved on last year.

It’s a good list and it’s not just the young kids.

In no particular order

Cameron… gone up a notch and in AA contention
WHE .. equal career best form along with 2018
Harrison.. rapid development
Dean…starting to show his worth after two years in injury wilderness
Frampton..versatile ruck defender ( and forward as needed)
Richards.. unfairly criticised last year but breakout season up until his injury
Howe. Fully over the 2023 arm injury
Crisp… coming off a high base but still marginal improvements seen, especially as an inside mid covering for injured players
Kreuger… sample set of one but it was a career best game.
Lipinski… more consistent

That’s a solid foundation to launch from.

Personal improvement. It’s something Fly talks about all the time, being the best version of yourselves.

Which got me thinking how many players we have that are improved on last year.

It’s a good list and it’s not just the young kids.

In no particular order

Cameron… gone up a notch and in AA contention
WHE .. equal career best form along with 2018
Harrison.. rapid development
Dean…starting to show his worth after two years in injury wilderness
Frampton..versatile ruck defender ( and forward as needed)
Richards.. unfairly criticised last year but breakout season up until his injury
Howe. Fully over the 2023 arm injury
Crisp… coming off a high base but still marginal improvements seen, especially as an inside mid covering for injured players
Kreuger… sample set of one but it was a career best game.
Lipinski… more consistent

That’s a solid foundation to launch from.
I would also argue that Nick Daicos has improved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this petition on X to get rid of BT was happy to sign it. It might not do anything but instead of complaining all the time at least this is one thing we can do.

I been wanting confirmation to this question for a while and thought it was not worth it's own thread. Hope someone can clarify it.

How do ticket allocations work for finals, excluding the GF? Do both teams get equal allocations of tickets or would the team finishing higher getter a bigger allocation? Also do tickets go on sale for both membership groups at the same time or does the team that finishes higher get first crack?

I tried to google it, as per below, but from what i could find from last season it appears there is no advantage finishing higher in terms of ticket allocation. From what i could find, last year both teams membership groups got same allocation and can purchase tickets at same time. The general public then can purchase any left over tickets.

Seems a little bizarre to me that if the below is true, there is no advantage if 2 teams with the same home ground (eg MCG) play in a final.

"How do AFL finals tickets work?

The AFL distributes an equitable number of tickets within each category to members of both competing clubs for each final. All tickets remaining after the Club Member presale will then be made available to the General Public for purchase.
1719015226100.png
https://www.afl.com.au › finals › f...

Finals Tickets FAQ - Toyota AFL Finals Series - AFL.com.au"​

Same for me. Been waiting for 20 minutes since clicking the games on the AFL site.
did you get tickets?

I had three different people (different places) and one still hasn't gotten through.

My daughter got on pretty quickly (on her phone) and got tickets for Carlton and Brisbane, I managed to get Richmond (laptop).

did you get tickets?

I had three different people (different places) and one still hasn't gotten through.

My daughter got on pretty quickly (on her phone) and got tickets for Carlton and Brisbane, I managed to get Richmond (laptop).
I've now completed purchasing tickets for Bris, Tigers and Carlton. Decent seats in front section of level 4. I was using a PC. How did you go Kirby ?

I did but took 20mins before I got a window, worst ever delay. Seats are pox for Carlton game and ok for Richmond and Brisbane.
I don't know why they don't give the first hour to competing teams then open up for the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t justify a new thread - still want to post it though, (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back