Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

But if we had pick 12 & 14, we'd probably take both those to the draft wouldn't we? Instead of bundling them up for one higher pick?

Particularly if it's as good a draft as everyone is saying.
I agree, we likely would have. Because there would be takers to get higher up.
But those kind of things don't happen to us lol

But if we had pick 12 & 14, we'd probably take both those to the draft wouldn't we? Instead of bundling them up for one higher pick?

Particularly if it's as good a draft as everyone is saying.
I wonder what a good draft means? Is it like 10 of the top 20 are hits? Take out FS and academy players, and it brings it back a little.

Last edited:
I wonder what a good draft means? Is it like 10 of the top 20 are hits? Take out FS and academy players, and it brinks it back a little.
It'll be like any other draft. Even the top 5 aren't as strong as some years. It's a deeper draft but without anything outstanding. There's a few potential talls late first and early second, I'd be targeting one of those

It’s been revealed the AFL integrity unit was alerted after a convicted criminal was spotted in the changerooms following an Essendon game earlier this year.

Kamil Yucel was seen on camera in the rooms during Channel 7’s Roaming Brian segment after Essendon’s win over Collingwood in Round 17 in early July.

Yucel is a friend of recently delisted Essendon defender Nick Hind and is reportedly part of the same friendship group as forward Jake Stringer.

In the post-game segment, Seven commentator Brian Taylor approached Hind, who was chatting to Yucel.

Taylor asked Hind: “How do you know each other?”

Hind replied “You don’t want to know” before elaborating.

“We’re just good mates, just met him a few months ago and he looks after me,” he said.

“He looks after me and Jakey (Stringer),” Hind said as he embraced Yucel in the Essendon rooms.

“He does plenty, we catch up at a café everyday. We’re from different walks of life.”

The Herald Sun reports Yucel was imprisoned for five years for shooting a man dead in 2016.

Yucel, a kickboxer, plead guilty to manslaughter for the shooting death of aspiring cricketer Rahat Khan in Dallas in Melbourne’s north.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantastic news. Let Carlton play their favourite game of drafting top picks for decades without winning anything.

And not bring in any quality, experienced players whilst still holding onto all their overpaid plodders.

I don’t know about that. I think this latest move makes a lot more sense for them than whatever the going narrative was on prioritising the draft over getting Houston. Their flag window feels real to me up until Cripps is past it because he carries that midfield on his own more than any other in the league bar our own Nick in 2024. If they miss it during Cripps’ peak then it’s a big TBC. So not prioritising Houston was very strange especially for his going current cost which is just under two first rounders.

I’ve got a strong belief that the draft past the top 10 is a big gamble, but equally strongly believe that the very top of the draft is becoming more valuable earlier than it used to (think Nick, Ashcroft, Reid, Sheezel, JHF, Darcy etc).

Going for that pick 3 means they get support for the now and for the future.

I’m a little more surprised the Eagles would go for it. In their position I’d rather lose on Baker than miss out on possible the best young talent this year considering how even the top of the draft is.

I don’t know about that. I think this latest move makes a lot more sense for them than whatever the going narrative was on prioritising the draft over getting Houston. Their flag window feels real to me up until Cripps is past it because he carries that midfield on his own more than any other in the league bar our own Nick in 2024. If they miss it during Cripps’ peak then it’s a big TBC. So not prioritising Houston was very strange especially for his going current cost which is just under two first rounders.

I’ve got a strong belief that the draft past the top 10 is a big gamble, but equally strongly believe that the very top of the draft is becoming more valuable earlier than it used to (think Nick, Ashcroft, Reid, Sheezel, JHF, Darcy etc).

Going for that pick 3 means they get support for the now and for the future.

I’m a little more surprised the Eagles would go for it. In their position I’d rather lose on Baker than miss out on possible the best young talent this year considering how even the top of the draft is.
It could be a win win.
They get the player they have been committed to all year (Baker, they'll find a way. I can't see them backing out now) and then getting the best WA prospect in the draft (Bo Allan) who is around pick 12-14.

It could be a win win.
They get the player they have been committed to all year (Baker, they'll find a way. I can't see them backing out now) and then getting the best WA prospect in the draft (Bo Allan) who is around pick 12-14.

Fair enough the WA factor is big for them and if that’s where the best WA prospect is predicted to land it makes more sense. They better be confident he doesn’t get picked before 12 though, that’s a tight one. Maybe they then aim for Essendon’s 9th with 12 or 14 plus extras.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back