Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry Craegus, my Seattle Blues team will have to withdraw from this. The club has settled it's disagreement with the IFA and will play in the Championship competition this season. Sorry for any hassle.

I understand but I hope that you will rebid with something else.

Or just promote your New York Metros team to 1st preference.
Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that, but I think I'll just wait a while before confirming that as I'm not sure if entering so many competitions will be practical for me.

Yeah, I'll probably end up doing that, but I think I'll just wait a while before confirming that as I'm not sure if entering so many competitions will be practical for me.

There is plenty of time before designs will be required (i.e. months)

1st Bid
Team Name: Detroit
Nickname: 8'ers or Milers
Reasons your bid should be selected: Detroit has a lot of history and geographical significance that either could have been used to inspire a team image. However I've opted to use the movie '8 Mile' and Eminem as inspiration for this bid, as it is how Detroit is perhaps most famously known today, and that just makes sense to me. This bid may seem comical, but it's not, I'd take it seriously, and you'll get good designs.

2nd Bid
Team Name: Ottawa
Nickname: Experts
Reasons your bid should be selected: According to Wikipedia, "the city is known as being among the most educated in Canada". Experts is a light-hearted yet arrogantly confident moniker which the people of Ottawa will embrace.

Was also considering going for the "Orlando Blooms" and using cool fractal imagery as my focal design point, but nah.

Team Name: Montreal
Nickname: Patriots
Reasons your bid should be selected: tba

I like how milers can also kinda relate to the car industry. Which is also relatable to Detroit.

Should I be moving the Rush to Toronto and naming Tom Sawyer as captain coach?

That Tom Sawyer... Hear he's a mean mean guy..

Oppilas conference please.

1st Bid

Team Name: Seattle
Nickname: Snow Leopards
Reasons your bid should be selected: Once a proposed IFA squad, the Snow Leopards are hoping a CAN-AM license will enable the team to become a reality. (The battle for Seattle is back on Spanna65)

2nd Bid
Team Name: Chicago
Nickname: Crooners
Reasons your bid should be selected: I had one good idea for a jumper. That's literally it.

Boston Legals as my joke third bid.

Last edited:
Requested Conference: (Oppilas)

1st Bid
Team Name: NY
Nickname: Metros
Reasons your bid should be selected: The Metros will be the pulse of the city on every home game, as swarms of fans pack the subway and city streets ready to watch there team rock Yankee Stadium. Based in america's heart and soul, the Metros will represent New York's uniqueness whilst retaining the traditional aspects of Australian rules football. NY will become the hub of football and will be a club that will attract a huge fan base.

2nd bid
Team Name: Steel City
Nickname: Yellow Jackets
Reasons your bid should be selected: The City of Bridges hasn't got a team in the Can-Am competition yet.
Updated craegus.

1st Bid
Reasons your bid should be selected: Once a proposed IFA squad, the Snow Leopards are hoping a CAN-AM license will enable the team to become a reality. (The battle for Seattle is back on Spanna65)

2nd Bid
Reasons your bid should be selected: I had one good idea for a jumper. That's literally it.

Conference?

Oppilas conference please.

1st Bid

2nd Bid

Conference?

Updated craegus

Official unveiling of the Can-Am's first division logo*:

PacificDivision_zps92f64d85.png

*Logo is only for division identification and will not be part of a teams uniforms.

Teams featuring in the division will be unveiled at a later date.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Requested Conference: Eliitti

1st Bid
Team Name: Boston
Nickname: Rovers

2nd Bid
Team Name: Washington
Nickname: Generals

oppilas
1st Bid

Team Name: Pawtucket
Nickname: patriots
Reasons your bid should be selected: the Pawtucket Patriots will have an immediate effect on it's local area should it be picked to represent the Rhode Island area.
The Patriots will be based out of Quahog Stadium (yet to be constructed) and will be sponsored by local bar "The Drunken Clam", or more commonly referred to as "The Clam".
since 1999 The Clam has received some media attention due to popular TV series, "Family Guy being based in it's home town. Most of The Drunken Clams business is due to popular local beer, Pawtucket Patriot, thus the name of the team, Pawtucket Patriots.

Rhode Island is not on the list, just proposing it here.

NM_Mitchell, the Committee for Selection of Participating Teams, has requested that for this bid to have the chance of success that it be relocated to Providence Rhode Island or Hartford Connecticut.

but, then the the joke is gone.
and i can't use Pawtucket Pat.
ok.
North Providence Patriots?

I am aware of that, but this competition is set up in a specific way and allowing a town as small as Pawtucket in would go against the design. Providence and Hartford are only just allowable.

North Providence is slightly more acceptable.

slightly more acceptable than Providence or Pawtucket.

i understand why your doing it, shit joke anyway.

Happy to change to Providence if That's the best alternative, or i'll find somewhere else on the list because the joke is irrelevant now.

still happy to accept the thunder bid too.

whatever makes it easiest for your list and i'll change the location to.
give me some areas you most want filled and i'll find somewhere in there.

slightly more acceptable than Providence or Pawtucket.

i understand why your doing it, shit joke anyway.

Happy to change to Providence if That's the best alternative, or i'll find somewhere else on the list because the joke is irrelevant now.

still happy to accept the thunder bid too.

whatever makes it easiest for your list and i'll change the location to.
give me some areas you most want filled and i'll find somewhere in there.

I am fine with Providence.

oppilas
1st Bid

Team Name: Providence
Nickname: Patriots

2nd Bid
Team Name: Portland
Nickname: Thunder
Reasons your bid should be selected:

3rd Bid
Team Name Toronto
Nickname: Thunder
craegus EFA

The Hitmen are sad to announce that they just can't stay in Miami. Too many dark memories that need to be forgotten especially the memories of the ex-captain's death. I don't know how he managed to get so many bolts inside of him. Moving on... The Hitmen will be moving to Dallas and will likely be keeping the Hitmen name. E92_ has Miami all to himself, with little competition sadly.

A third division boundary has likely been finalised. As such here is the third division logo:

EastCoastDivision_zpscbb4688c.png

-----------------------------------

2 more divisions are 1 team each away from being locked in (both from the Oppilas conference).

The Eliitti conference requires just 2 more teams to be completed. Once it is filled and final conference alignments are made the teams will be announced. It is suggested that any new bids are not located on the east coast and should be from the land area west of the line created by joining Winnipeg/Greenbay/Chicago/Indianapolis/Nashville/New Orleans (these locations can also still be bid for).

The Oppilas conference still requires 7-8 teams, again bids from west of and including the above mentioned locations are preferred, however Eastern Canada (Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City) is also still available as is the Tampa and Orlando region of Florida.

Hey craegus

Given your intention to model this league after the big 4 US leagues, do you have any draft guidelines for league, manufacturer and sponsor logos?

Or can I let my imagination run wild?

Remove this Banner Ad

Competition Can-Am Premiership 2015 - CHAMPIONS INDIANA BLUEBIRDS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back