Can Dallas go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

That's got to be close to best in the league.

Durant is putting up "Shaq in his prime" numbers since the new year - you'd be happy with simply giving him single coverage I would think.
I'm wrapt with that and have no doubt he can completely pants us in a series.

but for Hollinger to use Durant as a reason why they will beat us (when presumably Durant helps them against every other team) while ignoring the fact we are defending him better than anyone is so typically Trollinger.

He is just another opinon writer, except he has gone to extra lengths to give himself a veneer of obectivity.

Don't think that's exactly what happened here. At least I don't think he has anything against Dallas per se.

Rather, his Power Rankings were showing Dallas @ 13 after 13 straight wins, and he was obviously getting flooded with hatemail. Instead of just ignoring it, or explaining the quirk in a few words, he decided to write an elaborate but shithouse opinion piece trying to defend the rankings.

Don't think that's exactly what happened here. At least I don't think he has anything against Dallas per se.

Rather, his Power Rankings were showing Dallas @ 13 after 13 straight wins, and he was obviously getting flooded with hatemail. Instead of just ignoring it, or explaining the quirk in a few words, he decided to write an elaborate but shithouse opinion piece trying to defend the rankings.
Why do you think it was shithouse?

I dont read everything he writes, but his MO seems to be to justify whatever his stat formulas spit out.

Why do you think it was shithouse?

As I said in the main thread, when you begin to use in-season H2H records to predict playoff series, you're basically admitting you don't feel like doing any real analysis.

Fwiw, it's fairly inconsistent with most of his articles, so I imagine the structure was set by the editor.

Not that it means anything, but my problem with the Mavs is that their average margin of victory is only +2.7 (8th in the West)... so talk about getting lucky.

After the trade however (against a stretch of D-league calibre teams mind you) their point differential is +6.2 which is pretty bad for a team on that stretch of a winning streak.

As I said in the main thread, when you begin to use in-season H2H records to predict playoff series, you're basically admitting you don't feel like doing any real analysis.
What about using H2H records from the past 3 years, which Trollinger did?

Fwiw, it's fairly inconsistent with most of his articles, so I imagine the structure was set by the editor.
Stop riding his nuts.

Dallas might not recover from the raping at the hands of the Knickerbockers.

Pretty average effort today

They are really missing terry coming off the bench

This should have been a certain win at home

No.

:D

Seriously though, what do Dallas do now? Does Carlisle stay? Do a few players get moved on? What's their cap space looking like in the near future?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL i gave about 10 updates theres what 70 odd games

Piss weak effort seriously Dallas need to start from scratch or go really hard for a Wade Lebron type which i highly doubt will happen

I really thought the mavs had a shot...now look at how SA is getting eaten alive by Los Suns. What a shame.

R.I.P. Mavs 2010 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Dallas go all the way

Remove this Banner Ad

Back