Can Gold Coast go all the way this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

No to the OP question.

I like them for top 4 candidates for next year though (of course its contingent on continued development - but their midfield is already pretty scary).

I bet any of the top 4 teams would be licking their lips about running into such an inexperienced outfit in the heat of the finals, especially since they would be away from home.

I bet any of the top 4 teams would be licking their lips about running into such an inexperienced outfit in the heat of the finals, especially since they would be away from home.
Thank **** someone said it. As a supporter of a club who in recent times has struggled in finals- this is what needs to be considered. Finals are ****in pressure cookers.
These kids barely play infront of 10,000 on a weekly basis. Eventually their class and skill will get them through in the years ahead, but if the Suns fronted up to the G, AO, Subi or the SCG they would get absolutely mauled. It would be a massacre.

If everything goes right from hereon in Carlton can lift the cup
Surely you mean if everything goes wrong Carlton can lift the cup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said this after they beat the Tiges at the start of the year and only see them improving in the second half of this season (barring injuries). I don't see them as a realistic chance though for the GF but I certainly see them winning a final in 2014.

Look out in 2015.

If there's a poster out there who has time, would be interesting to start to get a breakdown of how many on their list have played less than 50 games vs 50 - 100 and then greater than 100. I imagine there would still be a significant portion of the list less than 50. Or just over. Either way, their rate of improvement will be significant as the season continues and into next year.

Oh and with Jack Martin back, their already unbelievably gun midfield gets better.

I said it before the season started and will continue to say it...IMO GCS will be playing finals this year. Their top end talent is fantastic and they are into their 4th year. The rate of improvement will be above and beyond what we have seen previously because of the number of young guns in the team who are maturing at pretty much the same time.

Also worth remembering that they were without one of their best mids in Bennell and their best defender in Thompson. Actually you can also throw in Zach Smith who I rate very highly as a ruck.

There will be plenty of other teams this year who will wear worse losses than what we copped last night.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Eventually a team outside of the 8 will finally win the flag again so it's always possible but highly, highly unlikely. GC making the top 8 would be huge for them in any case, then look forward to a Port vs Gold Coast GF next year.

They are on the up. They have quality all over the park. THEY ARE INCONSISTENT. But....BUT...if the planets align, could the Suns peak at the right time of the year and actually snatch a flag? They certainly have the talent. Highly, highly unlikely, but still a slight possibility in my opinion.

ladder predictor estimates teams with more then 5 losses will not make top 4. so in a way mathematically they "COULD" go all the way.
but like a drunk teenager i'm betting she wont get her top completely off before passing out at the foot of the bed.

The Suns have played some spectacular footy this year but have been inconsistent. I see a premiership in their future but I don't think they can pull it off this year - still too young, still need more experience. Finals yes, flag no.

But next year....

Sure we can. Winning competitions like this is the Queensland way!

ap_w_adele_20111206190151232668-420x0.jpg

491100-brisbane-heat.jpg

Just gotta wait for everyone else to fall at the line and we are dead set certs!!!

People should atke note, that everything revolves around the sun
They are on the up. They have quality all over the park. THEY ARE INCONSISTENT. But....BUT...if the planets align, could the Suns peak at the right time of the year and actually snatch a flag? They certainly have the talent. Highly, highly unlikely, but still a slight possibility in my opinion.

The plantes do revolve around the Sun :)

Belief and consistency. All that's missing.

Finals victory not out of the question, though. But can't realistically expect them to go all the way when they're still battling to make the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Gold Coast go all the way this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back