Where do you *realistically* see your club going in the next 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide: We'll have one or two good years, but probably not good enough to win it all yet.

4th, 12th, 11th, 6th, 10th

6-weeks ago I would have said something completely different but now, I really have no idea.

No-one in our club has learnt from the past, they just keep repeating the same dumb decisions in relation to recruitment, coaching & team selection.

I have followed Carlton all my life (I was at the 1968 GF) and this is the first time ever I'm questioning my allegiances to the Blues.

They don't seem to care about the supporter base who have been burnt for near on 30-years.

I took out a Giants membership up here when they first came in (I'm a 'foundation member') because I really want to see the code grow dramatically. However, it may not take much more of the utter crap the CFC keep serving up for me to jump ship to the Giants properly as painful as that is to say.

Thing is, speaking to some other Carlton supporting friends, they too have nearly had enough of the mismanagement & lack of professional structure at Princes Park.

It feels like there may be a seismic change within the supporter base at Carlton, this season really hurts (again) and at some stage, you have to say 'enough is enough'.
Welcome, Dark Lord

I had to fight my younger brother to get Jezza's number on my jumper instead of Big Nicks, I've been following the Blues for near on 60-years, I've been through & seen the good times. Sadly, the club I grew up following is a rabble now and is starting to hold little interest to me.

I'd like to watch some games and not feel embarrassed or be mentally involved nowadays, I just want to enjoy footy again & its becoming harder & harder every year.
I reckon GWS is a good option.

Between 7th and 12th like most years with the occasional 15th. Refuse to rebuild and never contend.

So basically we’ll probably still talk about breaking the finals win drought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upper-mid table, maybe snaring a second week of finals around that time.
Or, staying shit the whole way through. Five years is a long time, half a generation of players, and plans often fall apart much quicker than that.

Trying to put a position on it, obviously won't be anywhere near correct:
2025 - 18th, 2026 - 12th, 2027 - 12th, 2028 - 9th, 2029 - 5th

Port Adelaide?
Unlike a couple of big Melbourne clubs, we’ll likely go to GMHBA Stadium 3 times in the next 5 years.

probably still a laughing stock.

i reckon well throw out the yearly enough is enough line a few more time though.

Port Adelaide?
Unlike a couple of big Melbourne clubs, we’ll likely go to GMHBA Stadium 3 times in the next 5 years.
Poor Port. That one hour plane trip is a killer! No way professional athletes can be expected to cope with 1 hour plane trips.

Poor Port. That one hour plane trip is a killer! No way professional athletes can be expected to cope with 1 hour plane trips.
Really? They can leave home in Adelaide and get to GMHBA in an hour? Someone tell the club.

Clearly a 50 min drive is too much for Collingwood.

will still be competing thanks to academy rorts :thumbsu:
daniel bryan wrestling GIF by WWE

Really? They can leave home in Adelaide and get to GMHBA in an hour? Someone tell the club.

Clearly a 50 min drive is too much for Collingwood.
I said it's a one hour flight. Can you point out to me where I said they can get to gmhba in an hour???
So Port and the other interstate clubs joined a national competition knowing that that means they will travel 10 times a year. They then proceed to endlessly whine about having to travel 10 times a year. 🤣👍🤷

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you *realistically* see your club going in the next 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back