Where do you *realistically* see your club going in the next 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it's a one hour flight. Can you point out to me where I said they can get to gmhba in an hour???
So Port and the other interstate clubs joined a national competition knowing that that means they will travel 10 times a year. They then proceed to endlessly whine about having to travel 10 times a year. 🤣👍🤷
No, it’s not about the travel, it’s about how some grounds are too difficult for some teams like Collingwood to play at.
That was my comment, you turned it into a travel discussion.
Then again, you ARE a Collingwood supporter so I shouldn’t expect too much.

No, it’s not about the travel, it’s about how some grounds are too difficult for some teams like Collingwood to play at.
That was my comment, you turned it into a travel discussion.
Then again, you ARE a Collingwood supporter so I shouldn’t expect too much.
Too difficult🤣.
Way to show you have NFI about how the AFL (and the world) works.
Have a look at Collingwood and Geelong attendances. Then have a look at Port v. Geelong attendances. That might give you a clue as to the reason why Pies don't get fixtures to play GMHBA.

Then again it might not...

Too difficult🤣.
Way to show you have NFI about how the AFL (and the world) works.
Have a look at Collingwood and Geelong attendances. Then have a look at Port v. Geelong attendances. That might give you a clue as to the reason why Pies don't get fixtures to play GMHBA.

Then again it might not...
I know exactly how the AFL works.
It works for the big Victorian clubs. Because that’s where the money is.
It’s those who can’t accept that they are advantaged that are the clueless ones. There’s a whole thread on it #VICBIAS

In five years time:
  • We'll be top 4 and contending for a premiership.
  • Chris Scott will be our coach.
  • Adrian Dodoro will be at Essendon.
  • Ken Hinkley will be coach of Port Adelaide.

I know exactly how the AFL works.
It works for the big Victorian clubs. Because that’s where the money is.
It’s those who can’t accept that they are advantaged that are the clueless ones. There’s a whole thread on it #VICBIAS
Take your whining to that thread then yeahđź‘Ť

Sorry Lord Lucifer.

You can't divorce your team like they are your cranky missus that you're sick of, and run off with the hot new orange chick.

People choose a team at 5 years of age, and that's it. Till death do us part.

Enjoy!
Players seem to piss off when a team is down. So why so much pressure on supporters.

Attraction isn’t a choice.

We are not dolphins, orcas or swans.

Humans DNA is not made to be loyal no matter what…

6-weeks ago I would have said something completely different but now, I really have no idea.

No-one in our club has learnt from the past, they just keep repeating the same dumb decisions in relation to recruitment, coaching & team selection.

I have followed Carlton all my life (I was at the 1968 GF) and this is the first time ever I'm questioning my allegiances to the Blues.

They don't seem to care about the supporter base who have been burnt for near on 30-years.

I took out a Giants membership up here when they first came in (I'm a 'foundation member') because I really want to see the code grow dramatically. However, it may not take much more of the utter crap the CFC keep serving up for me to jump ship to the Giants properly as painful as that is to say.

Thing is, speaking to some other Carlton supporting friends, they too have nearly had enough of the mismanagement & lack of professional structure at Princes Park.

It feels like there may be a seismic change within the supporter base at Carlton, this season really hurts (again) and at some stage, you have to say 'enough is enough'.
Good post and also good on you for supporting local team in Syd even though a Blues fan. Do you go to any Giants home games just to see some footy? I know people in QLD that did the same for Suns even though they are mad Pies fans. They just want to see some footy up there I guess.

I had to fight my younger brother to get Jezza's number on my jumper instead of Big Nicks, I've been following the Blues for near on 60-years, I've been through & seen the good times. Sadly, the club I grew up following is a rabble now and is starting to hold little interest to me.

I'd like to watch some games and not feel embarrassed or be mentally involved nowadays, I just want to enjoy footy again & its becoming harder & harder every year.
A bit melodramatic this imo. We've had to endure the Pagan and Malthouse years for gods sake!

Although Brendon Bolton presided over Carlton's worst ever year in 2018 when we only won two games!

This year is so disappointing because it was the year we thought we were going to kick on and really challenge for the flag.

With an entire overhaul of the strength and conditioning/fitness department, some new assistants to help Vossy out on the tactics department, and some adjustments to the playing list then there's still time for this current Carlton team to come good imo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs have a really solid mix of under 25 players coming through the ranks, mixed with a huge slew of father/son picks over the next couple of years, I believe we're set up for success.

Another flag in the next 5? More than do-able. It's our coaching and selection that I question.

Libba to retire end of next season.
Bevo maybe to coach out to the end of 2025 and then call it quits.

Beyond that, it's about developing our crop of father-sons we expect to get over the next few years, another West, another Darcy, Cooney, and a few other old-school names.

A bit melodramatic this imo. We've had to endure the Pagan and Malthouse years for gods sake!

Although Brendon Bolton presided over Carlton's worst ever year in 2018 when we only won two games!

This year is so disappointing because it was the year we thought we were going to kick on and really challenge for the flag.

With an entire overhaul of the strength and conditioning/fitness department, some new assistants to help Vossy out on the tactics department, and some adjustments to the playing list then there's still time for this current Carlton team to come good imo.

Rinse & repeat ....... change the record, it's broken.

I have heard all this said or seen it written year after year after year after year yet here we are yet again, the laughing stock of the competition.

Our coach has not once come out in the aftermatch presser and said "I've had a gutful of this crap and I'm not going to accept it any more" or something along those lines.

How about showing to the supporters that it means something to him just like it does to them ??

During the 70's & 80's, Carlton built a reputation for being being ruthless in its pursuit of premiership success. Now, we are too nice and too vanilla preferring to just wait for something to happen (which never does) instead of actually making it happen.

Rinse & repeat ....... change the record, it's broken.

I have heard all this said or seen it written year after year after year after year yet here we are yet again, the laughing stock of the competition.

Our coach has not once come out in the aftermatch presser and said "I've had a gutful of this crap and I'm not going to accept it any more" or something along those lines.

How about showing to the supporters that it means something to him just like it does to them ??

During the 70's & 80's, Carlton built a reputation for being being ruthless in its pursuit of premiership success. Now, we are too nice and too vanilla preferring to just wait for something to happen (which never does) instead of actually making it happen.
What Vossy says in public and what he says to the players behind the scenes, are two completely different things i'd imagine.

If sport truly is cyclical then our time can't be too far away i hope! It's the hope that kills you as they say.

Players seem to piss off when a team is down. So why so much pressure on supporters.

Attraction isn’t a choice.

We are not dolphins, orcas or swans.

Humans DNA is not made to be loyal no matter what…
Sounds like you’ve been eyeing off that hot interstate orange chick….

I’d expect Collingwood to drop off a cliff at some stage. We’ve got an aging list (all the 30+ players are going around again next year) and apart from Nick Daicos not a lot of young talent pushing through, and we don’t have a lot of draft / trade capital.

I don’t expect us to hit rock bottom in the league (no supporter ever does) and that’ll because our coaching lineup are very good.

With our list profile we really are set up to reasonably compete for a couple of flags before 2030, but...

...we're Fremantle. Winning flags isn't in our DNA. Hell, even winning a final feels like it isn't in our DNA with only 7 x finals wins in 30 years (GWS have already won 9 finals).

As disappointing as Carlton's drop off has been, I see them as contending big time over the next 5 years, based on age profile and talent. They don't really have many 30+ year old players I can think of, Nic Newman and Docherty?

North has elite young talent and has no excuse but to finish top 4 soon.

Sceptical about Essendon's list more than their coach or culture, but the tide will turn at some point. Plenty of teams turned a losing culture into a winning one.

Freo should come good as well, gun young midfield and Treacy evolving to a true KPF.

Adelaide should do ok just based on Thilthorpe, what a beast he's become, great to watch as a neutral.

I'm biased but I reckon we'll be thereabouts every year over the next 5 - based on the youngsters in our best 22 and banking on a few guns being traded in. Humphries, Dempsey, SDK, O'Sullivan, Holmes. Hopefully Clark nails down a best 22 spot next year too.

With our list profile we really are set up to reasonably compete for a couple of flags before 2030, but...

...we're Fremantle. Winning flags isn't in our DNA. Hell, even winning a final feels like it isn't in our DNA with only 7 x finals wins in 30 years (GWS have already won 9 finals).
I dunno, this is still my favourite non Port finals moment ever.

I dunno, this is still my favourite non Port finals moment ever.

Sure - arguably the greatest passage of play in our history. But my point still stands, that was in GWS' second season.

Since that victory against the Cats we have won three finals in four finals campaigns (won a Prelim in 2013, Straight Sets exit in 2014, won a Qualifying final in 2015 and won an Elimination final in 2022) - GWS have gone from 1 win and a percentage of 51.0 in that year to winning nine finals and qualified for six finals campaigns.

To be honest, if Freo won a flag I don't think many fans would know what to do with ourselves...

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you *realistically* see your club going in the next 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back