Can lions get back into the 8 this year or does one more year needed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh my god.....how dumb are you Paraplegic Andy??? You must be downright ******ed if you think that the once mighty Lions don't have a new crop of young guns on their books......note these names down: Mitch Clark, Justin Sherman, Michael Richitelli, Matt Moody, Jason Roe, Jed Adcock, Cameron Wood, Albert Proud.......and I'm tipping that these guys will go in a lot harder in the years to come than the soft cream pie youngsters the Pies have recruited recently (Pendlebury and Thomas).......but I guess that the Pies will never forgive the Lions after thumping them in consecutive grannies :p

Anger management what?

People are talking about personal, but for me it is the game plan that is important. The new kick in rule, ruck contests and umpires allowing play to run rather than pulling it up all hurt Brisbane's premiership winning style of play. In the premiership years they were experts bottling the ball up and forcing a contest where their big bodies would win out. In the last few years though, the game has been moving a lot quicker, the ball stopped being bombed in for our defence to fist away. The backline is now a lot more athletic rather than big bodied. And if you look at Sydney the alst few years the same could be said of theirs.

We have also been stuffing around with the ball in our back half trying to get it up the field. I don't know whether it was the backwards kicking rule, but in the NAB cup we were moving it fluently up the ground. The return of Brown should help this even more, giving us a target to look for.

I don't know whether all this will add up to more wins in 2007, I don't care really. We aren't going to do any damage deep into the finals anyway, so I'm more interested to see our players and game plan develop. I don't think we will lose as many games by as hefty a margin, that is for sure.

Playing in our favour: Getting JB on the park, home ground advantage, kangaroos playing at carrara, low expectations

Against us: young players unlikely to be consistent across the year, lack of leadership if brown isn't playing, lack of playing depth

Not this year. Not next year.
The Lions are a good 3-5 years away from making the eight again.
I can honestly say that I cannot find one player among their younger players who looks like being a top-class player.
Sure they have some quality young players.
Some of them may become classy players.
Sure they have a few young ones that look like they could play for 10 years, but where are their emerging top-class players?
Please don't list all the B-grade ones as 'potential' stars.

Did you watch tonight's game?

I think the Lions will make the 8. Probably 7th or 8th, but maybe higher.

Merrit will be a revalation in the back line, and they've got some exciting young players. They have beaten Hawthorn (supposedly on the rise) and StK (top 4 side) so the form is there. Win most of their home games, the GC game against the roos, and snag a win or two on the road and its finals time

They only have to win 10 from 20 games for the rest of the year. Sydney will be a big test next week, but then they have the Roos at Carrara. :thumbsu: They could be 4-0 or at least 3-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we won without Bradshaw, Drummond, Roe, Lappin, Charman, and Hadley would be in our best 22 as well. We had more outs than the Saints and Hawks. We have even Mitchell Clark and many other young players to come back in. We are every chance to make the eight. In the past history the loser of the NAB Cup, e.g. Adelaide in 2006 and West Coast in 2005, make the top four. History says yes, I'm looking forward to the Sydney clash, one of the games to watch next week. Kangaroos game should boost our percentage. Go Lions, I have been surprised thus far this season, keep it up boys, good luck Brisbane! :)

I predicted we would finish bottom 2 or near enough to it. But going by that performance (a total surprise to me), maybe we'll end up somewhere near the middle?

That IMO would be a tremendous achievement!

Well we won without Bradshaw, Drummond, Roe, Lappin, Charman, and Hadley would be in our best 22 as well. We had more outs than the Saints and Hawks. We have even Mitchell Clark and many other young players to come back in. We are every chance to make the eight. In the past history the loser of the NAB Cup, e.g. Adelaide in 2006 and West Coast in 2005, make the top four. History says yes, I'm looking forward to the Sydney clash, one of the games to watch next week. Kangaroos game should boost our percentage. Go Lions, I have been surprised thus far this season, keep it up boys, good luck Brisbane! :)
Top 2.:D :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Can lions get back into the 8 this year or does one more year needed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back