Can Lloyd, Lucas, Gumby, & Neagle all play in same forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that sending Lucas to CHB is viable anymore. Lucas has lost a bit of pace and is unable to take a lot of todays forwards. He is best left up forward.

Our only option if we want to push a player back is to use Gumbleton in this role. He has played back as a junior and has most of the tools needed to go with the oposition's key forwards.

answer to the topic of the thread... NO

i would even say Lloyd/Lucas/Gumbleton wouldn't work.

Lloyd/Lucas/Neagle is a better balance in my view.
we needed a cheeky medium sized 3rd tall who could take a mark inside50 and kick a few goals. Neagle fits the mould. i see Gumbleton as CHF prospect - someone who moves up the ground rather than close to goal. Lovett and Davey on the flanks, and there's a nice forwardline.

lol how is his cheekiness relevent?
i get what you're saying, although i don't completely agree.
gumbleton will (hopefully) be the running CHF yes, but he will run all day and create space up the ground, thus lucas and lloyd would still work with him in there aswell.

answer to the topic of the thread... NO

i would even say Lloyd/Lucas/Gumbleton wouldn't work.

Lloyd/Lucas/Neagle is a better balance in my view.
we needed a cheeky medium sized 3rd tall who could take a mark inside50 and kick a few goals. Neagle fits the mould. i see Gumbleton as CHF prospect - someone who moves up the ground rather than close to goal. Lovett and Davey on the flanks, and there's a nice forwardline.

Any possibility that Gumby might be considered as a CHB?

Any possibility that Gumby might be considered as a CHB?

When he gets back on the park, I wouldn't mind seeing that, even if it's just to play him on Brown, Pavlich, Roughhead et al. to learn a bit of where to lead. It can't be worse than Reynolds on Fevola..............can it?

Wouldn't object to him spending some time at CHB.

Also, I think ML/SL & Gumby would work 'better' than ML/SL and Neagle. Lloyd needs an open forward line as he can still take on his opponent 1 on 1 as we saw againt Port, Gumby could play HFF, linking up on the wings ala Richo as well as floating back and hopefully start taking some contested marks inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gumby has to be centre half forward when he's right.

neagle won't get a game with the other three available - we wouldn't be able to apply enough pressure defensively with all those guys particularly with davey out for the year.

i'd have it this way for remainder of season when they're all right:

HF: Lovett, Gumbleton, Lucas
F: Jetta, Lloyd, Reimers

How much did Gumby play back before being drafted?

Loopy - can't answer this sorry. But what I think is that Gumby was drafted as a CHF so should play there. As great as sheeds was, one of the things that frustrated me about him was playing blokes out of position. Gumby needs to be developed as a CHF... I would prefer to rotate these 4 before I played him out of position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Lloyd, Lucas, Gumby, & Neagle all play in same forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back