Team Captain
Oct 12, 2006
North Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
BULLS
After an opinion from the outside...

Geelong coming off a hard fought win with 6 day break.
North coming off training drill with 7 day break.

Jack Ziebell returns to go head to head with tough nut Joel Selwood.

@ Etihad Stadium not Skilled for the first time in years...

Possible upset on the cards... (I hope!)

Ziebell "head to head" with Selwood.

Datsun 120Y vs Rolls Royce.

It's possible and I'll always have faith in my club.
It would require our very best effort but we can't have any lapses and allow easy goals.

Ziebell and Hansen hopefully returning to the backline will be welcome additions to the team.
If we lose hopefully it's only by a few goals and a brave effort.

Ahhh, things would have to go really right for north and really wrong for the Cats. North are still trying to implement a new game style focussed around retention of the ball and efficient usage but the Cats will not give them the luxury of having time to execute.

In all honesty I would be happy with a competitive 4 goal loss and over the moon with a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time North Melbourne beat a team that finished in the top 4?

Off the top of my head Saints in 2010? when they were powering through the season. They went down to Essendon and North within a few weeks from memory.

There's certainly a bit going our way, that was a very tough slog yesterday and I don't think anyone can deny that the Cats take extreme pleasure and pride in putting a foot on Hawthorn's throat of recent years. Whether that helps make them a touch more vulnerable is anyone's guess.

Not impossible, certainly as good a chance as any team outside the top couple ie. not much chance, we're definitely not quite up to full speed this year either although things can click quickly. It's also been a long while since we played them at Etihad and we got a hell of a lot closer last time that we have in recent years down at Geelong (that's about an hour out of Melbourne for all those Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn & Carlton fans that don't get to see their home ground - if you need directions ask some of the non-Vic teams supporters, they get to visit once a year as well).

It's possible.

Unlikely, but hey, GWS could possibly beat Geelong too.

No, they really couldn't. I think it's a fair bit more likely than that.

Wish I could say yes but think they are gonna take alot of confidence and momentum after yesterdays win.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132738/default.aspx

"North Melbourne has not beaten Geelong since round five, 2007, at Simonds Stadium, with the Cats winning the teams' past seven clashes. North is not alone in struggling against Geelong in the past five years, with the Cats winning 104 of their 122 matches since the Kangaroos upset them at home. North has struggled against all top-four teams in that time and Sunday's game offers it a chance to show it is finally bridging that gap."

Hope they can make a game of it!! Good luck!

After my original post was conveniently deleted looks like I will have to change my tips to please those in Pyongyang so North by 8 goals - Harvey to actually perform against a top side, Ziebell to rake up 40 touches on 2012 debut, Aaron Edwards to kick 6. :)

Name one.

Serious?

A deplorable Richmond side went to Perth a few years back and got over the line against a West Coast team that was paying about $1.04 for the win.

Port Adelaide came over to Geelong's home turf a couple of years back and upset a season of invincibility. In Port Adelaide's premiership year a fairly average North Melbourne side trounced the to be premiers.

It happens every year and it happens multiple times. There's confidence and there is blind arrogance. I lived through the 90's too, all I can say is that there is going to be a long hard fall for some Geelong supporters at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back