Can someone tell me what the point of keeping Terry Wallace on as coach is? Is Gary March afraid...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can someone tell me what the point of keeping Terry Wallace on as coach is? Is Gary March afrai

Thread no.#35176 by a Hawthorn schnedley in regard to Richmond Football Club.

I find it really disturbing that you blokes are totally incapable of enjoying your own team and your Premiership. Your obsession with Wallace and the RFC just doesn't seem to look like abating.

How about you guys just concern yourselves with your own backyard.

Why would we take on board anything you've got to say on the matter? It's clear that you despise Terry Wallace, and that you have little regard to the welfare of the Richmond Football Club, so anything you post is loaded with cloaked vindictiveness in accordance with your own personal agenda. In fact, it's beyond agenda, it's vendetta. Are you still furious that he rejected your club? Seriously, how many threads do you see from Port supporters about Nick Stevens, or Richmond about Brad Ottens, or Freo about Trent Croad nowadays? Why would you want Wallace sacked, if he's so insidious a force at an opposition club you so despise? Buy an RFC membership if our plight concerns you so much.

I'll give you some truth? We despise the Hawthorn Football Club. Its pissy colors, its guernsey, its players, its ex-players, its upper-middle-class leafy eastern suburban old private school tie mentality, and now we even despise its recent Grand Final success. Unlike the achievements of teams like Brisbane, Sydney, West Coast, Geelong and even Port over the last decade, there would hardly be a Richmond (nor probably Essendon and of course Geelong) supporter who could've eeked out even the mildest form of satisfaction out of Hawthorn's success last year. Hawthorn supporters have made it impossible to share any mutual enjoyment of their win.

If you haven't worked it out by now, I care very little for the welfare of Hawthorn - the only reason that I hope they remain viable in the AFL is so that we have someone else to beat if and when we finally get our shit together. Otherwise they can move full-time to Tassie, or go under, or whatever. There's only so many gloating idiots one can endure, and ones that approach bearing criticism under the cloak of friendly patronising "advice" are the ones really worth giving a wide berth.

But despite my hatred, though, I can tell you that if my club had won the Flag last year, the first for close to twenty years, and with such a wonderful team of players, there is no way I'd be wasting copious quantities of bandwidth on an opposition club like Hawthorn. I can't remember a single instance where I've ever even been on the Hawthorn Board, let alone started a thread on the main board about them. Their fortunes are, for all intents and purposes, insignificant to the fortunes of my own club.

And if it had been my club that had won the Premiership, I certainly wouldn't be harping on relentlessly about how poor Hawthorn's drafting policy of Thorp, Dowler, Muston and Dawson have been in the last handful of years, or the off-field "health" issues of several key players, or how much of a dirty gutless little sniper their coach was as a player.

Nor would I be wasting time like yourself offering false advice on how they could improve, or what they should do to better themselves, feigning some altruistic responsibility to help up the bloke who's fallen on hard times.

Well I for one and horrified that you cannot share any mutual enjoyment in Hawthorn's successes:rolleyes:.

I think our obsession with Richmond is similar to the obsession many opposition supporters have with Fremantle and is very similar to the thrill of watching a horror movie or of riding a roller coaster. That experience of terror without consequences.
We are all horrified by what happens at your club, can imagine the abject frustration it causes.
Yet at the end of the day its not our club.

Re: Can someone tell me what the point of keeping Terry Wallace on as coach is? Is Gary March afrai

This is an open discussion board on Terry Wallace's future as the coach of Richmond Football Club. If you need to vent your hatred of Hawthorn I suggest you create you own thread in Bay13.

This talk about how Richmond has had a tough first three weeks is a perfect example of it. No coach ought to use that as an excuse. It would be much better if he had said something like, "We understand that our first three weeks have been difficult assignments, but 0-3 is still unacceptable, and I'll be letting the boys know that too."

Wallace is a master of talking his way out of anything, I'll agree. But I think what you have in quotations there is very similar to what he actually has been saying. I've been surprised by the lack of spin Wallace has put on the situation. The media have been the ones crowing about our bad start, and supporters. Of course the media are quick to crucify us as well, but we gotta take our medicine cos we're a god damn joke.

No,you got lucky with Franklin big time.

Remember you lot passed on him too.

Only due to our info that Richmond had no interest in him whatsoever :p

There are a number of reasons why the Tigers are an onfield basketcase and Wallace is just one of them.

To me, the biggest issue is the actual recruitment & list retention policy (if there is such a thing at Richmond).

Let's just look at this logically .......

When Wallace arrived, there was a full list of players ready for him to work with. Now it would be fair to say that around a third of them were 'real' and were part of the longer term plan and the others were destined for the axe. This means that they had an approx. base of say 15 players of reasonable talent & experience on the books.

The Tiges have gone to the National Draft five times meaning that they have had access to around 30 new kids from across the country. Allowing for the fact that you can't get them all right as some don't kick on as expected, let's assume that 2 from each year were up to the standard giving a total of 10 over the years that should be still at the club and performing well.

The Tigers have also been to Trade Week five times and if they were able to conjur up 5 decent trades (ie. one per year) that brought in mature-age mid-range players to add to the depth of the list then that would of helped too.

If you go with this scenario, the Tigers would have had at least 30 players that were of reasonable standard, had some maturity about them (even a draftee from 5 years ago could have played 80 games by now) and had supposedly developed & improved somewhat further. This is not counting a few left-of-centre players who improved out of sight and unexpectedly too.

This is the big problem at Richmond now, in addition to the guys who played against the Dogs the other night, how many others do they have that are really going to be serviceable and add something to their onfield expolits ??

The Tigers footy gurus have squandered time & quality draft picks and not worked hard enough on ensuring that the playing list has the basic skill set required to play at that level.

Who's fault is that ??

Well I'm sure there are others that have had a big say in it (Miller for example) but at the end of the day, Wallace will be the one who pays the ultimate price for it.

I find it really disturbing that you blokes are totally incapable of enjoying your own team and your Premiership. Your obsession with Wallace and the RFC just doesn't seem to look like abating.

How about you guys just concern yourselves with your own backyard.

Why would we take on board anything you've got to say on the matter? It's clear that you despise Terry Wallace, and that you have little regard to the welfare of the Richmond Football Club, so anything you post is loaded with cloaked vindictiveness in accordance with your own personal agenda. In fact, it's beyond agenda, it's vendetta. Are you still furious that he rejected your club? Seriously, how many threads do you see from Port supporters about Nick Stevens, or Richmond about Brad Ottens, or Freo about Trent Croad nowadays? Why would you want Wallace sacked, if he's so insidious a force at an opposition club you so despise? Buy an RFC membership if our plight concerns you so much.

I'll give you some truth? We despise the Hawthorn Football Club. Its pissy colors, its guernsey, its players, its ex-players, its upper-middle-class leafy eastern suburban old private school tie mentality, and now we even despise its recent Grand Final success. Unlike the achievements of teams like Brisbane, Sydney, West Coast, Geelong and even Port over the last decade, there would hardly be a Richmond (nor probably Essendon and of course Geelong) supporter who could've eeked out even the mildest form of satisfaction out of Hawthorn's success last year. Hawthorn supporters have made it impossible to share any mutual enjoyment of their win.

If you haven't worked it out by now, I care very little for the welfare of Hawthorn - the only reason that I hope they remain viable in the AFL is so that we have someone else to beat if and when we finally get our shit together. Otherwise they can move full-time to Tassie, or go under, or whatever. There's only so many gloating idiots one can endure, and ones that approach bearing criticism under the cloak of friendly patronising "advice" are the ones really worth giving a wide berth.

But despite my hatred, though, I can tell you that if my club had won the Flag last year, the first for close to twenty years, and with such a wonderful team of players, there is no way I'd be wasting copious quantities of bandwidth on an opposition club like Hawthorn. I can't remember a single instance where I've ever even been on the Hawthorn Board, let alone started a thread on the main board about them. Their fortunes are, for all intents and purposes, insignificant to the fortunes of my own club.

And if it had been my club that had won the Premiership, I certainly wouldn't be harping on relentlessly about how poor Hawthorn's drafting policy of Thorp, Dowler, Muston and Dawson have been in the last handful of years, or the off-field "health" issues of several key players, or how much of a dirty gutless little sniper their coach was as a player.

Nor would I be wasting time like yourself offering false advice on how they could improve, or what they should do to better themselves, feigning some altruistic responsibility to help up the bloke who's fallen on hard times.

I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly. If posters concerned themselves more about their own club and less about trolling, the main board would be a better place for genuine discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back