Can we stop comparing Shaun Atley to Judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think what is vital is that Atley will be playing alongside the likes of Swallow, Cunnington and Ziebell who are all more than capable of going in and getting the ball. he won't be expected to be the next Judd from the get go.

I think what is vital is that Atley will be playing alongside the likes of Swallow, Cunnington and Ziebell who are all more than capable of going in and getting the ball. he won't be expected to be the next Judd from the get go.
That's handy, because he won't ever be the next Judd.

Of course, Adrian Dodoro can't stop comparing him to Judd, so I don't see why anyone else would be able to.

You see, pretty much all the participants of this thread are from WC, Ess, Carltank. They are somewhat related to the Judd. WC had judd, carltank have judd and ess could've gotten the next judd. But fellas, we ended up getting the next judd.

The next Judd. Wow, good luck with that.

Winderlich moves like Judd on occasion too. Doesn't mean he's in the same league. But I'm sure your guy will definitely be that good. 2013 Brownlow? Get on board, it's a lock apparently

Gee these north supporters are starting to sound as delusional as some Carlton supporters I know. The kid slipped to pick 17, wer not talking selwood and judd who slipped marginally, the point is that he was overlooked by a fair few teams, if he is going to be as good as judd, 2 brownlows, 5 BnF, Norm Smith medal, premiership skipper and 5 AA, doubt he would have slipped so far. I agree from some vision he does resemble judd with his movement but cmon you people are nuts.

give the kid a break, I think a lot of North supporters are being incredibly unrealistic, wer talking about someone who when he retires will be remembered as an all time great.

I agree from some vision he does resemble judd with his movement but cmon you people are nuts.

That's all anyone has actually said in this thread. No one has said he's going to be the next Judd. I don't understand all the hysterical "he's nothing like Judd" posts. A painter could paint in the same style as Van Gogh and produce absolutely offensive eyesores that nontheless resemble Van Gogh's style. That's all we are talking about here - resemblance.

The kid slipped to pick 17, wer not talking selwood and judd who slipped marginally, the point is that he was overlooked by a fair few teams, if he is going to be as good as judd, 2 brownlows, 5 BnF, Norm Smith medal, premiership skipper and 5 AA, doubt he would have slipped so far.

Hird. :D

Gee these north supporters are starting to sound as delusional as some Carlton supporters I know. The kid slipped to pick 17, wer not talking selwood and judd who slipped marginally, the point is that he was overlooked by a fair few teams, if he is going to be as good as judd, 2 brownlows, 5 BnF, Norm Smith medal, premiership skipper and 5 AA, doubt he would have slipped so far. I agree from some vision he does resemble judd with his movement but cmon you people are nuts.

give the kid a break, I think a lot of North supporters are being incredibly unrealistic, wer talking about someone who when he retires will be remembered as an all time great.

So why did your recruiting manager describe him as being Judd like in a video?

wtf is this I don't even

Hird slipped to what, 60-70?

Was an out and out champion of the game.

He's claiming that Atley slipping this far means he's not going to succeed.

Hird slipped 5 times as far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird slipped to what, 60-70?

Was an out and out champion of the game.

He's claiming that Atley slipping this far means he's not going to succeed.

Hird slipped 5 times as far.

ah, sorry I totally didn't get that.

I sort of don't buy into that though. It's like comparing Model T's to Ferrari's. The recruiters in those days were part timers and didn't see as much footy.

Nowadays it's so professional, Hird would never slip that far.

But, then again, who the **** knows? I certainly rate Atley & if it wasn't for a twist of fate he would have gone 8

I love that fact that most North and Bomber supporters are going to keep a keen eye on the the career's of D.Heppell and S.Atley from now on. Its just adds to the hate.

I love that fact that most North and Bomber supporters are going to keep a keen eye on the the career's of D.Heppell and S.Atley from now on. Its just adds to the hate.

Hate? No hate here. I hope they both become stars!

I know most supporters hate Essendon but the truth is not many Essendon supporters will say I hate North. Carlton, Collingwood, Hawthorn maybe yes but North? Sort of the poor younger cousin so can't hate them.

North, Footscray and St Kilda are everyone's second team.

Swan *cough*

People slip. It isn't an exact science now, nor will it ever be.

even your own Swallow was a fair old bargain. I don't disagree that it's not an exact science, but even more so the fact that people develop at different rates.

In any case, as I said, Atley almost went as high as 8, so he's not a hidden gem. Just a hell of a bargain

Swan *cough*

People slip. It isn't an exact science now, nor will it ever be.

how did Swan slide exactly???

the player he is now and the player he was expected to be were almost polar opposites

You could say the same thing about Hird, but people let the mention of him "sliding" just... Erm... Slide...

Hird didn't slide, he was a brilliant pick up

Swan didn't slide he wasn't a highly touted junior, but he has also turned into an excellent pick up by the Pies... simple

Can we stop comparing Shaun Atley to Judd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back