Can Yarran get a goal in his first AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Can Yarran get a goal in his next VFL game?

Why on earth would you pick a dime a dozen small forward as your first pick? Add to the that a very lazy dime a dozen small forward.

I wish you barracked for someone else, the amount of material I would have would be endless.

FWIW Dowler was drafted as a KPP.

He was drafted as a wing/flanker. Thorp as a KPF.

No he was not. If we were after a wingman/flanker we would have got Higgins or Hurn

Hurn went about Pick 20 didn't he? We could've almost got both of them.
There are different types of flankers, too, I think Dowler was supposed to be in the Schoenmakers role, a tall running midfielder who can play half-back or half-forward and pinch hit in key position.

Dowler was always a tall forward HP, you don't use No 6's on winger/flankers.

Necessity, lack of opportunity and innovation has seen him learn other roles - after all Chris Langford started as a winger and went onto being, IMHO, the greatest full back of all time.

No Hurn went at 13 right before Birchall @14.

No Dowler was KPP, lucky Wallace was not our coach or we would have got Oakley-Nicholls @6 to go with the shorter of Ellis & Pendlebury @3.
Hodgepodge you're such a stupid clown, you can't even get players at your club right yet comment on all things Carlton !!!
I have never seen anyone make such a dick of themselves, be shot down consistently & made to look like a fool but you just keep coming back.
Really, you just need to piss off for a year or so & come back whan you have something of substance instead of being embarressed so consistently. :p

Hodgepodge you're such a stupid clown, you can't even get players at your club right yet comment on all things Carlton !!!
I have never seen anyone make such a dick of themselves, be shot down consistently & made to look like a fool but you just keep coming back.
Really, you just need to piss off for a year or so & come back whan you have something of substance instead of being embarressed so consistently. :p

Nah, he's alright. Has a fair old crack at it and keeps you Carlton blokes tied up for hours on end so I'm more than happy to forgive him the occasional error. :thumbsu:

I probably don't remember Chris Langford as a wingman either, so it's not a big issue that I don't recognize Dowler a KP forward. He'll probably never play there as long as he remains at Hawthorn and is a wingman/flanker for us atm, but hopefully a KPD from now on.

But feel free to milk it for all its worth, Chis.

Is it?

I would of thought the Thorp/Dowler errors are hurting Hawthorn now they have such a great depth in the defensive posts.

Especially when they could have picked up Selwood with the Thorp pick. Then again, judging by how the Hawks flog squad is carrying on in the "Selwood is a cheat" thread, they'd be constantly frustrated with him diving into packs and getting free kicks if he was at Glenferrie/Waverly/Launceston. Guess they're happier with a guy who can't a gig in the seniors.

Especially when they could have picked up Selwood with the Thorp pick. Then again, judging by how the Hawks flog squad is carrying on in the "Selwood is a cheat" thread, they'd be constantly frustrated with him diving into packs and getting free kicks if he was at Glenferrie/Waverly/Launceston. Guess they're happier with a guy who can't a gig in the seniors.

:thumbsu:

And here I was thinking that Shades of Rioli couldn't get a game because he was rather too proficient with the automatic bread maker. Turns out it's probably because he can't even perform in the VFL.

BL Tankers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty hard to kick goals from the exercise yard...
It wasn't necessary to bring Dane Swan's assault case into this.

Edit:Swan was given community service for bashing and kicking two security guards senseless as a 21 year old.

Swan has moved on with his life and become a good footballer.

It wasn't necessary to bring Dane Swan's assault case into this.

Edit:Swan was given community service for bashing and kicking two security guards senseless as a 21 year old.

Swan has moved on with his life and become a good footballer.

Yarrans up for a good ten years though

Rumour has it Yarran was awesome for an Ants outfit that could have made the AFL 8 today! Ellard was also good and Browne
Gotta love those wablues!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Yarran get a goal in his first AFL game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back