Can you beat Judd's time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd has muscle but I dont consider him a tank by afl standards.

Recent tanks to me include:

Barry Hall
Warren Tredrea
Fraser Gehrig
Mal Michael

to name a couple key forwards

David Rodan
Nathan Buckley
Josh Hunt

to name a couple shorter players
agree on all of those.
i'd also add:
0,,5902783,00.jpg

both those guys.

ARL+1.bmp

although now delisted.

tom_harley.jpg

as mentioned

200px-Will_minson.jpg

getfile.aspx

not all of those would be 'massive', but fairly buff for afl standards.

Re: Can you beat Judd's time? ** MB Thread moved here**

Back to the original topic...

3 Saints beat it earlier this week. Leigh Fisher came in first at 9:49.

Maybe the thread could be "Can you beat Leigh Fisher's time?"

Back to the original topic...

3 Saints beat it earlier this week. Leigh Fisher came in first at 9:49.

Maybe the thread could be "Can you beat Leigh Fisher's time?"

And 2 tiger players beat it as well. Wasn't mentioned in the papers but daniel jackson ran 10.03. Seems you need a higher profile to get a mention though. I see more articles on the blues again in todays herald sun....

Re: Can you beat Judd's beep test?

i got perth development footy coming up, and the beep test is in it, so it should be good, i cant wait, (this development footy is done in in december, and played early next year so they can pick the state 16s)
Oh true were you in the early or late team?

I play for East Perth, 15's late development. Had a shocking carnival but I know I'm better then that.. Didn't play to bad against your mob doubt you would remember the number 44 :)

11.1 this year, first time I ever did one. Not bad for a first go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ARL+1.bmp

I'm about 6-12 months being that big. Who is that? Looks like that hack from Essendon.... Courtney?

200px-Will_minson.jpg

Minson does bench press with his jaw...

getfile.aspx

The tall-tanks are the ones that amaze me. People like Jeff White and Cox I just can't get over, they would be scary bastards in real life.
I'm hoping our Kreuzer can get to this size, he's looking pretty big atm (for his age):)

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is a common misconception.

Firstly we can assume that wind resistance is equal in both scenarios.

So when you are running uphill you need to produce a force in the forward direction as well as to counter a larger fraction of gravity (downwards) than as if you were running on a flat. Therefore the first part of the uphill will be slower compared to the flat course however things change in the second half. When coming downhill that same portion of gravitation force, which is a constant, that you were fighting against is now helping and you are running faster than someone on the flat course.

The reason running tracks are flat and not hilly is for practical reasons only. A 400m running track has to service events that are a fraction of 400m, but that doesn't detract from the fact that physics and the laws that govern the conservation of energy, work and momentum do not lie.

while i agree with physics, especially gravitation you haven't worked in to your equation bio-physics. You work different mussels going uphill and downhill, not to mention the whole way that you run changes. I'm not 100% sure if it would change your time, but it would definitely feel different.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is a common misconception.

Firstly we can assume that wind resistance is equal in both scenarios.

So when you are running uphill you need to produce a force in the forward direction as well as to counter a larger fraction of gravity (downwards) than as if you were running on a flat. Therefore the first part of the uphill will be slower compared to the flat course however things change in the second half. When coming downhill that same portion of gravitation force, which is a constant, that you were fighting against is now helping and you are running faster than someone on the flat course.

The reason running tracks are flat and not hilly is for practical reasons only. A 400m running track has to service events that are a fraction of 400m, but that doesn't detract from the fact that physics and the laws that govern the conservation of energy, work and momentum do not lie.

Congratulations Pansies on being 100% wrong.

Have you ever tried running?
You certainly display no knowledge of the physical effort in running.
The effort required is affected by the gradient and it is actually difficult to even run downhill at the same pace as you can maintain on the flat and it is only on slight gradients that you can exceed the time you would produce on a flat run. This is due to the different bio-mechanics involved.
You can NEVER make up on a downhill what you lose on any uphill.

Congratulations Pansies on being 100% wrong.

Have you ever tried running?
You certainly display no knowledge of the physical effort in running.
The effort required is affected by the gradient and it is actually difficult to even run downhill at the same pace as you can maintain on the flat and it is only on slight gradients that you can exceed the time you would produce on a flat run. This is due to the different bio-mechanics involved.
You can NEVER make up on a downhill what you lose on any uphill.

exactly. i laughed out loud at that guy in this thread that said otherwise. what a complete dill.

haha this pansies tool has certainly copped it pretty sweet.

I would love to see him multi-quote all these replies.

i did 13.10 at the start of this year and i am 15 so hopefully when i get older i will get close to judd's mark. But i know a bloke who is at my school who is 13 and is at 14.9. But he is a national cross-country runner. Fair effort though.

the beep test is a good form of testing when doing it with a group of people like a footy team becasue you get pushed along by your teammates and it really finds out how fit you are becasue you have the determination to better everyone. but i don't think it is easy to compare becasue people do it with different conditions, maybe by them selves and somepeoples measuring i just don't trust. so comparing on a website i feel is stupid(most people lie anyway) Judd had probobly ran the day before and i'm sure he could of done much better than that if he actually prepared properly for it. the real test againast someone else is when you are doing at the same time and its really a mental battle

the beep test is a good form of testing when doing it with a group of people like a footy team becasue you get pushed along by your teammates and it really finds out how fit you are becasue you have the determination to better everyone. but i don't think it is easy to compare becasue people do it with different conditions, maybe by them selves and somepeoples measuring i just don't trust. so comparing on a website i feel is stupid(most people lie anyway) Judd had probobly ran the day before and i'm sure he could of done much better than that if he actually prepared properly for it. the real test againast someone else is when you are doing at the same time and its really a mental battle

Excellent. I completely agree, and i have experienced this myself. I have done a beep test by myself before and scored mid 10s. Few weeks later at training we were put through a beep test without warning and i ran high 13s. Half of it is psychological.

Reckon I read somewhere a while back about Judd at WCE almost beating the WC beep test record of 16.2 run by Callum Chambers. Also think I remember Banger Harvey back in the day ripped out a level 17. Would not surprise me if he did with his engine.

Excellent. I completely agree, and i have experienced this myself. I have done a beep test by myself before and scored mid 10s. Few weeks later at training we were put through a beep test without warning and i ran high 13s. Half of it is psychological.
if i'm running a beep test with anyone in my footy team i will most of the time do very well but by my self or without anyone from my footy team i'll struggle

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you beat Judd's time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back