canteens in the ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

not ajax

$6 for a hot dog with cheese, yes i repeat 6 bucks that tasted like kate langbroeks toe jam

i wasnt hardly surprised though

Go down to the MSJFL canteen at Princes Park on Sunday, kosher hot dogs(made from Beef) are $3.00 and are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!
bbq sausages, hot off the grill. GO FOR IT!

Full points to the eccentric old dude who runs the canteen down at Frearson reserve (monash blues). Apparently he is able to eat a sausage roll and serve you at the same time! Just dont ask him if he honours the Mars Bars 1 in 6 promotion.....

Best canteens I frequented, are
Werribee - loads to choose from
South Melb - for the Dim Sims & Hot chips
Elsternwick - Hot dogs are ready well before the 2's start (massive bonus points in my book)

not ajax

$6 for a hot dog with cheese, yes i repeat 6 bucks that tasted like kate langbroeks toe jam

That may explain why the SMD canteen was so busy last Saturday, our hotdogs are only $3.

I always enjoy a trip to soldiers reserve, Werribee. You get smashed by 20, abused by the ferals, eat a great hotdog then enjoy a cold can and a ripping post match BBQ. I think I'll ask for a clearance.

Canteen at the Trott is enjoyable, not sure if the food's any good.

Theres only one club that is worthy of mention, St Bede's Mentone. Great snag rolls and pies, then at 4.45 the pub opens inside with the best selection of grog known to man, ice cold as well. You can kick back on the couch, watch the footy on Foxtel then have a hot dinner to boot.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagnificent!!!

Full points to the eccentric old dude who runs the canteen down at Frearson reserve (monash blues). Apparently he is able to eat a sausage roll and serve you at the same time! Just dont ask him if he honours the Mars Bars 1 in 6 promotion.....

Strongy its the not the first story ive heard of complaints bout canteens not honouring the i n 6 promotion. So canteens around the ammos if you are selling the promotional wrapped mars bar please honour it.

I was at monash blues canteen a while ago and i was very impressed by the pricing of a hot dog and cheese ($3).

However hats off to the old guy once again for remarkable service.

baz

Theres only one club that is worthy of mention, St Bede's Mentone. Great snag rolls and pies, then at 4.45 the pub opens inside with the best selection of grog known to man, ice cold as well. You can kick back on the couch, watch the footy on Foxtel then have a hot dinner to boot.

SMD clubbies are at Brindisi St this week Brian so I think I'll stick around and taste a few of these treats. With no game following I'm hoping Matty opens up early!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly not Richmond Central - They seem to have taken tips from the Etihad Stadium caterers, $2.80 for a can of coke. I then got on a plane to Sydney with Virgin where the going rate is a mere $2.50!

Not as bad at Powerhouse in D3 Rooster.

$5 for a can of VB.

Yep...that's right.

A 375 can of VB.

That equates to $120 for a slab.

$2.80 for a can of coke was a bargain!

Old Camberwell had a good canteen for your viewing pleasure about 5 years ago. Looking fwd to finding out later this year if it's still aesthitically pleasing.
The same reason the boys at Como Park were the only side we didn't defeat in 2007. Quality service.

Old Camberwell had a good canteen for your viewing pleasure about 5 years ago. Looking fwd to finding out later this year if it's still aesthitically pleasing.
The same reason the boys at Como Park were the only side we didn't defeat in 2007. Quality service.

Under new management from a few years ago. A couple of Ex army female types now in charge.

IT nows turns a profit at least after some inexplicable losses!!

I haven't found any with the complete package this year.

For instance, Yarra Valley served up the very average, rock hard Four 'n' Twentys but made a decent coffee while Therry had some good pies and pasties from the Glenrot bakery but served up undrinkable coffee.

Rupo by a country mile. Gillies Pies, The best Salad Rolls and by far the best coffee machine in the Ammo's. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Agree with the salad rolls. Top shelf indeed. Prices were a little on the up side for most things, but the quality made up for it.

Under new management from a few years ago. A couple of Ex army female types now in charge.

IT nows turns a profit at least after some inexplicable losses!!
Are we implying some theft there sausage???

Now, if we were talking about the most aesthetically pleasing Collegians would win hands down. Plenty of blonde hair, great racks, hot looks, waxed smoos and fake suntan...actually the Tiges are there this Saturday, they had better not let us all down.

That may explain why the SMD canteen was so busy last Saturday, our hotdogs are only $3.

I always enjoy a trip to soldiers reserve, Werribee. You get smashed by 20, abused by the ferals, eat a great hotdog then enjoy a cold can and a ripping post match BBQ. I think I'll ask for a clearance.

Canteen at the Trott is enjoyable, not sure if the food's any good.

If ya cant beat us, join us lol!

Were a proud bunch of ferals down at Soldiers, all that feralness needs to be fed. lol

Yeah, top night out....watching Foxtel with the Bogans.....could not think of anything better.....
If rumours are correct, they would want to have a good canteen considering the amount it costs to staff it....

not ajax

Ventured to Gary Smorgon today hoping the SMD canteen would be going. No luck so had to buy something from the Ajax canteen. Wouldn't usually part with $4 for a hot dog but the wind chill got to me so ditched my principles and lashed out. What I got wasn't a hot dog as Ammo fans know them: this was a fair dinkum giant saveloy. After admiring its wondrous girth I took a chomp and was rewarded with the most amazing mouthful of sweet viscous fat. Cheap at twice the price!

Remove this Banner Ad

canteens in the ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back