canteens in the ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

I was driving along the nepean hwy on saturday afternoon and I decieded to attend beauy vs parky clash at gerry green reserve. I was very disapointed with my meal however i thought the prices were very good and fantastic customer service. However my friend 'rug' had the hot dog with cheese and was shattered to see their was not enough cheese compared to other grounds this year. Also the price of the hot dog was good at around the $3.80 mark not to sure.

Baz

I was driving along the nepean hwy on saturday afternoon and I decieded to attend beauy vs parky clash at gerry green reserve. I was very disapointed with my meal however i thought the prices were very good and fantastic customer service. However my friend 'rug' had the hot dog with cheese and was shattered to see their was not enough cheese compared to other grounds this year. Also the price of the hot dog was good at around the $3.80 mark not to sure.

Baz

Baz,

So was the price of the hot dog good or not? I have never read so much dribble in my entire life. Just driving along nepean highway and made the spontaneous decision to attend the clash.......
I was also at the game and got myself a snickers and a can of coke for $4. I must say it was the best snickers I have ever had.

Mr Strong
If you read it carefully i do mention the price was good as i qoute "Also the price of the hot dog was good at around the $3.80 mark not to sure".

Baz

Will be making the big trip to gary smorgon oval, I'm bit worried to be honest as I have been hearing bad things about that canteen. So I hope they can pick up there act and really impress me.

this is what i hope to look like after my hot dog n coke.

Baz

Gents, I know we're talking food across all canteens in the VAFA but I do need to make mention of the quality of workers working in the Canteen at Old Geelong. Simply magnificent stuff.
I reckon I purchased $50 worth of goods simply to spend as much time as I could with these belters! As for the food they serve I have absolutely no idea what its like...my mind was elsewhere.

Well done old Geelong. Fantastic marketing tool.

Best canteen, Oakleigh, Ivan's pies pasties and sausage rolls, very rerasonably priced.

WORST, Gary Smorgon Oval, AJAX.
Honestly, how overpriced are they and where do the hotdogs come from??

About time some of these canteens got a lamb spit going with a bit of GYROS!!!!

Ormond have a pretty good spread at the Gunn. Ivan's pies, pasties, sausage rolls, dim sims, world famous hot dogs all reasonably priced.

Only complaint is after match at the bar when we have put beer up to $4.

Baz,

So was the price of the hot dog good or not? I have never read so much dribble in my entire life. Just driving along nepean highway and made the spontaneous decision to attend the clash.......
I was also at the game and got myself a snickers and a can of coke for $4. I must say it was the best snickers I have ever had.
Is it true they serve tea in mugs at Gerry Green?

Best canteen, Oakleigh, Ivan's pies pasties and sausage rolls, very rerasonably priced.

WORST, Gary Smorgon Oval, AJAX.
Honestly, how overpriced are they and where do the hotdogs come from??

About time some of these canteens got a lamb spit going with a bit of GYROS!!!!
Thats right camera man i would gyros at waynes world

all the brest
Barry

Thats right camera man i would gyros at waynes world

all the brest
Barry

Baz lay off the crack

On a good note i had a salad roll at the Beaumaris canteen today compliments of Wayne, his lovely wife Jude and darling daughter Angela. The roll was a testament to the professionalism of the Berry's.

Best Canteen in the ammos full stop .

Strongy, Fist & Baz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The refurbishment at BSO has resulted in immense improvements everywhere except for the playing surface (which is still horrible).

Accordingly, the recent addition of Kranskys off the open BBQ under the grandstand was greeted with much rejoicing by the Roy faithful who tucked into dozens of these fat-laden heart-stoppers with much relish (literally).

George from Masterchef would've given them at least 8/10, Fat Matt probably would've deducted a point for presentation (i.e. not enough cheese and mustard).

well boys you better get in quick then before the big bazza capitalizes on her then
calm down baz you would think a horse with an aperon was a babe
and its all the breast you drunkin slong

I would like to thank Johnny Aitken for finally addressing the issue of canteen prices in his section of this rounds record. He did say some very good points and hopefully canteens drop the price of their food and drinks. Why cant we go back to the good old days when going to the local footy could be affordable to go to.

Baz

BHN does a great roast beef and gravy roll - is that close enough Baz?

That sounds very delicious and yes is it close enough.

However I was very impressed by the canteen at glenhuntly oval on the weekend by thier prices and quality and food,However my mate roo wasnt too impressed in the pastie as it wasnt cooked through. But back to my meal I had a Hot dog at the very good price of $3.50 all inclusive and self serve cheese. Compard to other grounds this year with price being around the $4 mark plus 50c for a sprinkle of cheese.

cya at the canteen
Baz

I hope vafa finals venues take their approach to the canteen very professionally as Ill be there keeping a good eye on their services and prices as if I have to pay more than $4.60 for a hot dog again ill be spitting chips.
However the cameraman mite have a few specials on out of the boot of his car from the leftovers of his little lamb gyros session form today.

Good luck at the canteen!

Baz

bad news bazza i was at the junction oval on the weekend and had the misfortune of consuming one of their $6 chicken rolls, there roll balance needs some work -there was very little chicken and a lot of roll, After that i thought i'd have a little coffee to wash down my meal but disasterously the urn wasnt working.. I Can't complain about the sunkist though

Remove this Banner Ad

canteens in the ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back