Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

McLean's record against Port is pretty awful; probably irrelevant given the awesome role he is playing this year so he's a good loophole option. Still I'm probably going to take the big gamble (loophole is perfect for that) and chuck the VC on Westhoff. If he plays two halves and bangs out a 150 then awesome. If he underwhelms then Titch should absolutely dominate against the Crows.

McLean's record against Port is pretty awful; probably irrelevant given the awesome role he is playing this year so he's a good loophole option. Still I'm probably going to take the big gamble (loophole is perfect for that) and chuck the VC on Westhoff. If he plays two halves and bangs out a 150 then awesome. If he underwhelms then Titch should absolutely dominate against the Crows.

Hoping it’ll be

Macrae 140 x2
McLean 125
Westhoff 125
Wingard 115
Rockliff 110
Would be a solid start to the weekend!!

How does the loophole work ?

Thursday night players are locked out at the start of that game, but all other players (bye and non-bye) are not locked out, so are able to be traded, swapped to interchange, swapped on / off VC or C, swapped to/from emergency status etc..

So you can put VC on a player from Thurs night game.

If you like their score, then you can put the C on any non-playing player, and that score of 0 won't count, so you'll get the doubled VC score.
It's best to put it on a bye player, as if you put it on a player whose team is playing but isn't listed, there is always the minute chance he gets named last minute and you'll be stuck with his score.

So I would suggest: VC on Macrae/McLean/Westhoff/Rocky/whoever you like from PA or WB

If you like the score (usually for me that is if they score 125+) then put a bye week player on field, eg. Max Gawn, and put the C on him. If you have a non-bye ruckman on the bench who is playing, that's fine, you just put the E on that player and you'll get their score in place of Gawn, and you'll get the VC score doubled instead of the C score.

If you don't like the score then put the C on whoever you like, as per usual.

The same applies for general scoring, so if for instance you have 7 forwards (plus a bye player eg. Fritsch) then you could put a PA/WB player on the bench with the emergency, if they score great you can put Fritsch on field and take another to the F8 position to not count their score. Fritsch doesn't play -> you get the looped emergency score. If you don't like the score then you keep the other player on field.

Two caveats:
ALL TRADES THAT ARE DONE BEFORE THURSDAY NIGHT ARE LOCKED IN, EVEN IF THEY DON'T INCLUDE PORT OR WB PLAYERS.

eg. if you downgrade Spargo (bye player) -> Kerr and upgrade someone else to McLean, then the Spargo trade and the McLean trade are both locked in.

ALL PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED ON THURSDAY NIGHT ARE LOCKED IN.
eg. if you have Macrae on the bench without emergency (because he was out last week) then that score will not count. You must put them on field!

Then you can adjust the rest of the team until Friday lockout as per usual.

Thursday night players are locked out at the start of that game, but all other players (bye and non-bye) are not locked out, so are able to be traded, swapped to interchange, swapped on / off VC or C, swapped to/from emergency status etc..

So you can put VC on a player from Thurs night game.

If you like their score, then you can put the C on any non-playing player, and that score of 0 won't count, so you'll get the doubled VC score.
It's best to put it on a bye player, as if you put it on a player whose team is playing but isn't listed, there is always the minute chance he gets named last minute and you'll be stuck with his score.

So I would suggest: VC on Macrae/McLean/Westhoff/Rocky/whoever you like from PA or WB

If you like the score (usually for me that is if they score 125+) then put a bye week player on field, eg. Max Gawn, and put the C on him. If you have a non-bye ruckman on the bench who is playing, that's fine, you just put the E on that player and you'll get their score in place of Gawn, and you'll get the VC score doubled instead of the C score.

If you don't like the score then put the C on whoever you like, as per usual.

The same applies for general scoring, so if for instance you have 7 forwards (plus a bye player eg. Fritsch) then you could put a PA/WB player on the bench with the emergency, if they score great you can put Fritsch on field and take another to the F8 position to not count their score. Fritsch doesn't play -> you get the looped emergency score. If you don't like the score then you keep the other player on field.

Two caveats:
ALL TRADES THAT ARE DONE BEFORE THURSDAY NIGHT ARE LOCKED IN, EVEN IF THEY DON'T INCLUDE PORT OR WB PLAYERS.

eg. if you downgrade Spargo (bye player) -> Kerr and upgrade someone else to McLean, then the Spargo trade and the McLean trade are both locked in.

ALL PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED ON THURSDAY NIGHT ARE LOCKED IN.
eg. if you have Macrae on the bench without emergency (because he was out last week) then that score will not count. You must put them on field!

Then you can adjust the rest of the team until Friday lockout as per usual.
Nice answer, but I'm a dumb ****, need to see an example, so these are my mids for this week (I know they're ****) but could you hold my hand and guide me thru this loophole thingy?

loophole.PNG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice answer, but I'm a dumb ****, need to see an example, so these are my mids for this week (I know they're ****) but could you hold my hand and guide me thru this loophole thingy?

View attachment 511664
Leave it like that. Good job

Now if you like Macrae's score in the end, put the captaincy on a player who has the bye and you'll automatically get Macrae's VC score as your captaincy

Ok, got it, if I dont like Macraes VC then swap the C to Titch before lockout Friday, yeah?

Now just got to get my braindead head around the whole E swap thingy

You have Ahern on field so can just put it on him. The E swap only applies if you have more players than number of spots on field, eg if you have 7 playing defenders and only 6 spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back