Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got Lloyd and Heeney for Thursdays game.

I'd need a 110 min to justify staying with my VC score. Or else I'll roll the dice on a Titch or Jelly monster.

Heeney has only 2 scores above 110 this year (115 and 118).

Lloyd has 4 scores over 110 (115,120,120,163)

Lloyd is the better VC option in my opinion.
Yep Lloyd higher ceiling. Prob better bet. That said now that you have planned it and researched it, watch him go 60 and someone like Ronke or florent go 130. In all seriousness Lloyd has a massive ceiling so is a good vc, I've just been terrible at captains and research has proven pointless for me, so I'm probably not the best to call it. I am to captains in fantasy what meatloaf is to "singing" at afl grand finals.

Yep Lloyd higher ceiling. Prob better bet. That said now that you have planned it and researched it, watch him go 60 and someone like Ronke or florent go 130. In all seriousness Lloyd has a massive ceiling so is a good vc, I've just been terrible at captains and research has proven pointless for me, so I'm probably not the best to call it. I am to captains in fantasy what meatloaf is to "singing" at afl grand finals.

Ditto. Any time I try to be smart I end up throwing away points. Ditto in the rounds when I had to choose 2 rookies out of 3. In the battle of Murray/Doedee/Finlayson I managed to bench the highest scorer every week for about 4 weeks straight (was a different name every week too...).

But I really don't see Heeney going huge against the Tigers. They have kept opposition DT scores to a minimum (generally speaking). Lloyd is the more likely chance to rack it up off half back.

So in other words, lock in Lloyd for the defensive tag and a 40-60pt score! Heeney go to huge and kick a bag with 25+ disposals and score 140-150.

Contemplating throwing it on Gawn this week up against the saints. Some bold captaincy choices away from the usual Mitchell could make a big difference at this point in the year

Similar given that Tom had 2 down weeks earlier this year - could he again go back-to-back then hit the 140s again? GWS away doesn't augur well. Then WB, Brisbane, Carlton, Freo should be a dream month.

Similar given that Tom had 2 down weeks earlier this year - could he again go back-to-back then hit the 140s again? GWS away doesn't augur well. Then WB, Brisbane, Carlton, Freo should be a dream month.
As far as Titch is concerned, I don't think you can look into opponents or location too much (besides maybe if he'll get tagged or not). He can beast mode it against good teams or shit, at home or away.

I'm going Heeney as VC, thinking about Kelly as C, but think I'll stick with Titch.

As far as Titch is concerned, I don't think you can look into opponents or location too much (besides maybe if he'll get tagged or not). He can beast mode it against good teams or shit, at home or away.

I'm going Heeney as VC, thinking about Kelly as C, but think I'll stick with Titch.
Yeh I've given up looking at scoring patterns (examples like) 85,110,110,140, 85,100,100, insert gold coast and Mitchell fails to pattern my 140.
Some were predicting 190.
If you cant pencil in the highest averging player for 100 against a team that had been giving out points, then its all hope & pray.

Thursday night gives us 2 shots at it but would it ever get better than Macrae on a Thursday loopholed into Mitchell in round 13. That didn't go as planned.

Lloyd or Martin into Fyfe/Gawn. (But the pattern says Titch 140+)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd VC into Titch C.
Gawn extremely tempting.
Someone convince me.
I’m doing the same but that means **** all, I’m ****ing useless.

We will sill need a DNP to give the captaincy to if we hit the VC jackpot.
Prime candidate R4 Darcy Cameron will be locked out after tonight.

So no doubt everyone's VC scores 140 and we can't loophole it due to a full squad. :p

So no doubt everyone's VC scores 140 and we can't loophole it due to a full squad. :p
Gorgonite Crowden come on down!
No way that spud gets another game lol

Thankfully for me, I jumped early on Clarke and Wilson so will have options out my arse to double down on Parker's 70.

Not this week anyway.
Never again was a bit harsh but I did see something like 11 tackles a week or two ago.

Yeah, and we are coming off a big win so agreed not this week. But within next 2-4 I can definitely see him in again. Though the Thursday night games end soon anyway!

Remove this Banner Ad

Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back