Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange that after so long leaving Titch as the set & forget captain, so many people will take it off him for the last game cos they are scared of little 'ol Georgie Hewett! Bit of mind games going on from the Fantasy guys wanting people to jump off him? Or a genuine thought he may not score as freely as he has for 90% of the season?

My opponent in the GF had Macrae as captain last week & Titch VC, I was the other way around. Can't see going anyone other than Titch, Macrae or Grundy this week unless you need to throw a hail mary

Grundy was locked as captain all week but now seriously considerinf Crae and GAJ. Crae is actually better at the MCG, will have no tag to worry abou as well. GAJ could be anything, but worry that he will be managed once the game is in the bag. Other option is Crouch/Ross if I decide to trade Titch out

Did you go Macrae??

So it’s that time again when the captains come into play. Just to add some more confusion to how we complete our teams for rnd 1.

I’m currently tossing up between 3 for the captain.

Macrae v swans
Coniglio v bombers
Brayshaw v port

Possibly leaning towards Brayshaw at this stage. At the MCG I can see him running riot in the free space and posting a 135+ to start the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rockliff tagged once last year didn't he...
So lock in crap scores for both, because this is fantasy, and you can't win. :InsertEvilSmiley
Rockliff tagged because he was a liability everywhere else. Unfortunately this is why Rockliff was played forward last year.

I've got Macrae in my side so going to double down and lock him in as captain.

For all those with the uber-premos in Macrae, Grundy, Cogs, I think you've gotta back in your picks surely.

Yes Hewitt is playing but I don't think Swans will tag Macca in Rd1.

"Dealer, I'm all in."

There's a partial lockout, right? Any potential loophole VCs out of the Carlton or Richmond sides? I'm thinking P. Cripps.

EDIT: Partial lockout according to https://fantasy.afl.com.au/classic/help/game-guidelines#sec-3

Interesting that we have so many partial lockouts this year, having VC options that are available in most of those weeks could actually make a big difference. Richmond is in 4 of the 10 partial lockout games...

This pulled from AFL site:

AFL 2019 FIXTURE - Primetime and special event games

Adelaide Crows: Five (two Thursday nights, three Friday nights)
Brisbane Lions: One (Thursday night)
Carlton: One (Thursday night)
Collingwood: 11 (two Thursday nights, seven Friday nights, Anzac Day, Queen’s Birthday)
Essendon: Eight (two Thursday nights, four Friday nights, Good Friday, Anzac Day)
Fremantle: Nil
Geelong Cats: Four (one Thursday night, three Friday nights)
Gold Coast Suns: Nil
GWS Giants: Two (one Thursday night, one Friday night)
Hawthorn: Five (five Friday nights)
Melbourne: Six (one Thursday night, three Friday nights, Anzac Eve, Queen’s Birthday)
North Melbourne: Four (three Friday nights, Good Friday)
Port Adelaide: Three (two Friday nights, Good Friday)
Richmond: Seven (three Thursday nights, three Friday nights, Anzac Eve)
St Kilda: Nil
Sydney Swans: Six (one Thursday night, five Friday nights)
West Coast Eagles: Four (one Thursday night, two Friday nights, Good Friday)
Western Bulldogs: One (Friday night)

So by the loks of it, Tigers/Pies/Bombers players are best for VC loopholes.

There's a partial lockout, right? Any potential loophole VCs out of the Carlton or Richmond sides? I'm thinking P. Cripps.

EDIT: Partial lockout according to https://fantasy.afl.com.au/classic/help/game-guidelines#sec-3

Interesting that we have so many partial lockouts this year, having VC options that are available in most of those weeks could actually make a big difference. Richmond is in 4 of the 10 partial lockout games...
But you need a non playing player. Shouldn't be many available, possibly Flynn or Fort as ppls R4 and even those 2 are a slight chance of getting a game.

I'd prefer a full board of green dots.
Wait, do we have green dots this year?
Let me guess, they've forgotten them. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back