Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are trying to put pressure on Carlton via the media here. Smacks of the Saad Pick 8 campaign the media waged against us.

They are trying to paint us as a team that are unreasonable to deal with. Then the AFL media jump on and say that Houston is worth whatever Port want for him. His contract is not our fault. It doesn't double his value.

However, if we don't bite on the asking price, and Houston ends up not coming, it will make us look bad to other players seeking to come.

So much to play out.

Port are trying to put pressure on Carlton via the media here. Smacks of the Saad Pick 8 campaign the media waged against us.

They are trying to paint us as a team that are unreasonable to deal with. Then the AFL media jump on and say that Houston is worth whatever Port want for him. His contract is not our fault. It doesn't double his value.

However, if we don't bite on the asking price, and Houston ends up not coming, it will make us look bad to other players seeking to come.

So much to play out.
If this is true - that Port are furious with Carlton - it tells me Port realise that Carlton is Houston's nomination.

If this is true - that Port are furious with Carlton - it tells me Port realise that Carlton is Houston's nomination.

I mean ... the other option is North. While I think North have to come on pretty quick, given the quality youth on their list, it's pretty risky for an older player who will still be hoping for a flag.

In that scenario, that pick 40 we get from North... send that to Brisbane as well.

Pick 18 will get pushed back about 4 spots. Pick 22 is worth 845. If 33 is pushed back to 37, that's 483 and 40 -> 44, that's another 362, give them another late pick too... go into deficit next year, we'll get Cody the year after.
List managers don't trade pick 18 based on points

So Pies get the promising young KPF they badly need for fringe 27 year old John Noble?

I don't care about the Carlton price here, except swap #11 for our F1.

WTF are Gold Coast doing in this situation? Why is Noble such a need for them?

So Pies get the promising young KPF they badly need for fringe 27 year old John Noble?

Cooney as an absolute tool with less than no ****ing idea when it comes trades - it’s click bait & makes less than no sense.
Trade radio has a lot of dead time to fill in - talking absolute crap about something that will never happen helps fill that time

GCS get absolutely pillaged here

GCS get absolutely pillaged here

They sure do. AFL media is so favourable to Collingwood. If that was us, Noble would have no value at all.

Btw, thank you so much for using the word 'pillaged' instead of the other one people sometimes use.

In fairness to Cooney, he knows they aren't realistic, it's a bit of fun.

It has to be an approximate value of where Cooney sees each player though. The unrealistic part for him would be whether Port actually want Young and/or Owies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has to be an approximate value of where Cooney sees each player though. The unrealistic part for him would be whether Port actually want Young and/or Owies.
Funny thing, I think Young is probably a better fit for them than Zerk-Thatcher

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mr Burger rings :rolleyes:

Noble is a fine player, AFL standard.

But he's a late second rounder at best.

Collingwood would be adding in something of significant value to get Pick 12. Like their future first

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not a good deal for us. 2 players and pick 11 out? We're the definite losers in this scenario.

Not a good deal for us. 2 players and pick 11 out? We're the definite losers in this scenario.

Sounds like we might actually pay for someone to take Young's contract in this scenario.

I don’t think this would be the case. As far as I can tell, we have not instigated this situation and made a commitment to Houston that we need to honour. Rather he’s the one that wants to get to Victoria and crucially hasn’t nominated us as his club of choice. Given all of that, we are under no obligation to get the deal done if the price is too high for us. Whereas in the Saad and Cerra situations we did chase them and make commitments to get them across. Not getting those deals done would've damaged our reputation.

I don’t think this would be the case. As far as I can tell, we have not instigated this situation and made a commitment to Houston that we need to honour. Rather he’s the one that wants to get to Victoria and crucially hasn’t nominated us as his club of choice. Given all of that, we are under no obligation to get the deal done if the price is too high for us. Whereas in the Saad and Cerra situations we did chase them and make commitments to get them across. Not getting those deals done would've damaged our reputation.

Port are trying this through the media though. They are trying to damage our reputation in order to get us to come to the party. Perception is reality and all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot Topic Carlton 2024 Trade Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back