Carlton above Saints on the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Feeling ok IITB? ;)

Credit where credit is due HBF. The blues are playing pretty good attacking footy and they have the forwards to do it. With Nick stevens back in next year the midfield will be even better. Hate to say it but facts are facts. The saints have had real injury problems this year but they have players who are on the way out. Gehrig, thompson, harvey, possibly milne, no ruckman, fiora continues to disappoint and i dont think much of the clarkes. Maguire coming back should help though.

happy with my mob too btw even though we still haven't won a game. We're competitive in a really tough draw and no ruckman all year. Am expecting a better second have of the year. Lots of exciting youngsters for both the blues and the tiges.

Surely we're entitled to throw a little mud back ODN?
Each to their own mate. I always opt out of this sort of thing. Can hardly be critical when people do it to us if I do it to them as well. It's a whole high moral ground thing. ;)

Each to their own mate. I always opt out of this sort of thing. Can hardly be critical when people do it to us if I do it to them as well. It's a whole high moral ground thing. ;)

What happens with pagan now ODN? Does he stay or does he go? How could he possibly be given the flick just when things are beginning to click?

What happens with pagan now ODN? Does he stay or does he go? How could he possibly be given the flick just when things are beginning to click?
4-7 at the half way mark. Pratt suggested 8 wins and around 10th place might be enough to save him so he is a chance. He also has a contract so if they continue to show something, Pagan is safe. There has been speculation that Pagan has lost the players and they would never show anything under him but there was a school of thought that they are developing as they should and the good times were about to follow. We are teetering on the brink of either side at the moment.

The players are performing because there is some talent there but that doesn't mean they are doing it for Denis. They could be showing something despite Denis but the fact remains, he taught them to kick long and use the corridor and filled the team with types likely to be able to pull off that game plan. Maybe he has been doing the right thing ... time will tell.

4-7 at the half way mark. Pratt suggested 8 wins and around 10th place might be enough to save him so he is a chance. He also has a contract so if they continue to show something, Pagan is safe. There has been speculation that Pagan has lost the players and they would never show anything under him but there was a school of thought that they are developing as they should and the good times were about to follow. We are teetering on the brink of either side at the moment.

The players are performing because there is some talent there but that doesn't mean they are doing it for Denis. They could be showing something despite Denis but the fact remains, he taught them to kick long and use the corridor and filled the team with types likely to be able to pull off that game plan. Maybe he has been doing the right thing ... time will tell.

I honestly think they'd be crazy to let him go now. There'll be a long line of prospective coaches salvitating to take over if he goes.

You're hardly living up to your reputation as a troll-moderator ODN.
Wait, is that a moderator of trolls or a moderator who trolls?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly think they'd be crazy to let him go now. There'll be a long line of prospective coaches salvitating to take over if he goes.
For sure. Would be a great time to take over a side and we would get interest from some decent applicants too. Might be a good time to get the prized signature of an untried coach like Voss who probably brings a lot of marketing money and hope with him but then you look at a coach like Lyon who made all the right noises to the Saints board but has not really offered anything different that I can see and probably does not even have the luxury of the players wanting to win for him like Thomas did.

Better the devil you know or strike while the iron is hot? That is the question.

Better the devil you know or strike while the iron is hot? That is the question.
Honestly, would the Blues really want to gamble their developing list on an untried coach, even if he was say a favourite son like SOS or Rats?
Pagan is the only coach in history to have won U19's, Reserves, Night and Day Premierships. You would be crazy to let him go now.

Alledgedly it's door number 2 ODN. Forshame.
I haven't seen those allegations. I will have to spend some time on Bay 13 and take lessons.

For sure. Would be a great time to take over a side and we would get interest from some decent applicants too. Might be a good time to get the prized signature of an untried coach like Voss who probably brings a lot of marketing money and hope with him but then you look at a coach like Lyon who made all the right noises to the Saints board but has not really offered anything different that I can see and probably does not even have the luxury of the players wanting to win for him like Thomas did.

Im not conviced about vossy. Needs to do an apprenticeship. Would be a good move to get rid of mitchell and whack voss in there.

Honestly, would the Blues really want to gamble their developing list on an untried coach, even if he was say a favourite son like SOS or Rats?
Pagan is the only coach in history to have won U19's, Reserves, Night and Day Premierships. You would be crazy to let him go now.
Will all come down to how we finish off. No massive capitulations and another 4-5 wins will guarantee Pagan remains. This playing style will bring in the crowds and we would not want to risk someone changing it and starting from scratch.

Im not conviced about vossy. Needs to do an apprenticeship. Would be a good move to get rid of mitchell and whack voss in there.
That would be a dream to get Vossy as an assistant. Hopefully that is the way he wants to go too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton above Saints on the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back