Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Was JUH to the doggies due to a scholarship? I had heard that he was originally in the Cats zone.

The Dogs have been blessed for talls from academy/FS. Darcy, JUH is an enormous boost to their spine.
From memory he put down that he lived with his auntie or something out in Footscray or his home town so he could be remain in their zone, despite his family living in the inner city and him attending an elite all boys school where he stayed in a dorm.

Could be way off but pretty sure it was something like that, just remember it was an absolute crock of crap and clear tampering.

Good. We should throw some serious weight behind it.

Are there any boarding schools in our zone?

Need to give some (outstanding) lads scholarships JUH style. He should never have been allowed to go to the dogs. But he has. So let's make use of the same rule.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Parade college is in our zone and is the strongest football school at the moment, hopefully we can leverage something here as we dont seem to have any prospects this year.

This is clearly a quality over quantity exercise. We won’t get them all
It really comes down to how we structure our lists and sell it to the athletes: we could bring in players and promise them game time or getting a trade if it doesn't happen after a set period of time. Essentially give them all a development hub and turn it into something we can use to continue to regenerate our list.

I don't think there's a limit to Irish recruits at the moment, just to the Cat B list, so we can just fill our rookie list then our senior list with Irish players if we wanted to.

I doubt it would ever really get past 4-6 players at any given time, but it's worth having a look when you have genuine elite talent looking to earn full-time wage for their skillset.

only footage of cody walker in this entire video is where i marked it, in the red.
You'd think there'd be more... huh

There’s no advantage now if your academy player is selected in the top 40 is there?

I reckon they’ll change that to end of first round but make you pay more for the privilege, 20% discount will be reduced or removed altogether but you get first dibs to take or refuse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You'd think there'd be more... huh

article makes no mention of cody although has him in the goal kickers. Suggest we maybe need to temper expectations a little bit?

From memory he put down that he lived with his auntie or something out in Footscray or his home town so he could be remain in their zone, despite his family living in the inner city and him attending an elite all boys school where he stayed in a dorm.

Could be way off but pretty sure it was something like that, just remember it was an absolute crock of crap and clear tampering.
Not sure where you've got that from.
He's from Warrnambool which is in the Dogs NGA zone.
That he ended up at the Chargers rather than the Rebels is the only thing questionable about it.

Think will definitely need to trade up before saints first pick. Have a feeling sos will bid on campos
Episode 10 - 2 weeks before draft: -

Jack: "Father I had a chat to Austin today and word is you're seeking to bid on some of our father and sons. C'mon father it was your dream for us boys to play for the Blues, here I am playing in your number, 100 games on the locker with you and grand-dad. No matter what is going on in your head you're still a Blue!"

SOS: "I will not defy Ross"

Jack: "Search your feelings, Father, you can't do this. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate."

SOS: "It is too late for me, son. Ross will show you the true nature of the AFL. He is your master now".

Jack: "Then my father is truly dead."

Episode 11 - Draft Day:

[Following a trade period where SOS tried to pursuade CFC and Jack to get him (Jack) to the Saints which was flatly refused, Jack went into hiding from his dad. In the lead up to the draft SOS has doubled down on his strategy to get the Campo boys, Jo concerned wants to drop SOS off at Jacks place the afternoon of Draft day to see if they can smooth things over.

SOS begrudgingly wants to sit in the car, Jo convinces him to get out by pluggin some new product sold at Chemist Warehouse to him.]

Knock Knock!!

SOS: "You cannot hide forever, Jack"

Jack (behind the door): "I will not fight you!"

SOS: "Give yourself to Ross. It is the only way you can save your club. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for CFC are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Your mother was wise to hide her from me. Now her failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Saints.. then perhaps she will play for our AFLW side!

Jack: [grabbing a footy and opening the door, screams] NEVER!

[Jack and SOS play bullet pass kick to kick on the street. All cars driving by stop, neighbours flock to see the sight.. Ball is flying at true pace, the older less conditioned SOS starts to break a sweat, Jack sees an opening and slams a bullet straight at SOS' head falconing him and knocking him to the ground]

SOS: "Jack... help me take this Saints jacket off."

Jack: "But the draft, you'll be fired"

SOS: "Nothing... can stop that now. Just for once... let me... look on you with no club colours on."

[Jack helps SOS take off the jacket. Underneath, Jack sees all the scars SOS received during his CFC playing career. Jack sadly looks down on SOS giving a tired smile]

SOS: "Now...go, my son. Leave me."

Jack: "No. You're coming with me. I'll not leave you here, I've got to save you."

SOS: "You already... have, Jack. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right."

Jack: "Father... I won't leave you."

SOS: "It's okay, I won't turn up to the draft and without me those imbeciles won't know how to wheel and deal enough to get the Campo boys. They're safe to play for CFC. I'll request that the stains replace me with DoDo on a 20 year contract, that should be enough to destroy them obtaining a 2nd premiership forever".

Jack: "I love you dad"

[Jo and Jack hug SOS, thankful he has rightfully got his heart back for CFC. Out of the shadows Jack's twin appears with Ben and Tom and the family finally is together].

Last edited:
Episode 10 - 2 weeks before draft: -

Jack: "Father I had a chat to Austin today and word is you're seeking to bid on some of our father and sons. C'mon father it was your dream for us boys to play for the Blues, here I am playing in your number, 100 games on the locker with you and grand-dad. No matter what is going on in your head you're still a Blue!"

SOS: "I will not defy Ross"

Jack: "Search your feelings, Father, you can't do this. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate."

SOS: "It is too late for me, son. Ross will show you the true nature of the AFL. He is your master now".

Jack: "Then my father is truly dead."

Episode 11 - Draft Day:

[Following a trade period where SOS tried to pursuade CFC and Jack to get him (Jack) to the Saints which was flatly refused, Jack went into hiding from his dad. In the lead up to the draft SOS has doubled down on his strategy to get the Campo boys, Jo concerned wants to drop SOS off at Jacks place the afternoon of Draft day to see if they can smooth things over.

SOS begrudgingly wants to sit in the car, Jo convinces him to get out by pluggin some new product sold at Chemist Warehouse to him.]

Knock Knock!!

SOS: "You cannot hide forever, Jack"

Jack (behind the door): "I will not fight you!"

SOS: "Give yourself to Ross. It is the only way you can save your club. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for CFC are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Your mother was wise to hide her from me. Now her failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Saints.. then perhaps she will play for our AFLW side!

Jack: [grabbing a footy and opening the door, screams] NEVER!

[Jack and SOS play bullet pass kick to kick on the street. All cars driving by stop, neighbours flock to see the sight.. Ball is flying at true pace, the older less conditioned SOS starts to break a sweat, Jack sees an opening and slams a bullet straight at SOS' head falconing him and knocking him to the ground]

SOS: "Jack... help me take this Saints jacket off."

Jack: "But the draft, you'll be fired"

SOS: "Nothing... can stop that now. Just for once... let me... look on you with no club colours on."

[Jack helps SOS take off the jacket. Underneath, Jack sees all the scars SOS received during his CFC playing career. Jack sadly looks down on SOS giving a tired smile]

SOS: "Now...go, my son. Leave me."

Jack: "No. You're coming with me. I'll not leave you here, I've got to save you."

SOS: "You already... have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right."

Jack: "Father... I won't leave you."

SOS: "It's okay, I won't turn up to the draft and without me those imbeciles won't know how to wheel and deal enough to get the Campo boys. They're safe to play for CFC. I'll request that the stains replace me with DoDo on a 20 year contract, that should be enough to destroy them obtaining a 2nd premiership forever".

Jack: "I love you dad"

[Jo and Jack hug SOS, thankful he has rightfully got his heart back for CFC. Out of the shadows Jack's twin appears with Ben and Tom and the family finally is together].
A couple of weeks too early for this post. More appropriate on 4/5/24.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure where you've got that from.
He's from Warrnambool which is in the Dogs NGA zone.
That he ended up at the Chargers rather than the Rebels is the only thing questionable about it.
He's from Framlingham which is an Indigenous reserve. Anyway, I just remember there was a big controversy around it and the AFL changed the rules afterwards because clubs were furious about it.

He's from Framlingham which is an Indigenous reserve. Anyway, I just remember there was a big controversy around it and the AFL changed the rules afterwards because clubs were furious about it.
He played junior footy at South Warrnambool which is within the Dogs NGA zone & Framlingham is also within the Dogs NGA zone.
It has nothing to do with what you initially stated, which was my point.

Edit: The "Jamarra rule" was put in place after the fact which sees clubs unable to match bids on NGA talent before pick 21.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played junior footy at South Warrnambool which is within the Dogs NGA zone & Framlingham is also within the Dogs NGA zone.
It has nothing to do with what you initially stated, which was my point.

Edit: The "Jamarra rule" was put in place after the fact which sees clubs unable to match bids on NGA talent before pick 21.
Fair enough, thanks for the clarification.

article makes no mention of cody although has him in the goal kickers. Suggest we maybe need to temper expectations a little bit?
I'd be interested to know why he had such a dirty day, yeah.

Side note. Not impressed with Levi aschroft. Gets a lot of it but doesn’t seem to do much with it. I’d take smith in an open draft pool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back