Coach Carlton Coaching Group 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Clark gets the best out of Cripps but not from the group as a whole.

I love Cripps and Voss as leaders but they aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. We should be surrounding them with the smartest coaches and players we can find. Need a healthy balance.
How do you know Crippa and Vossy aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed??

The assumptions and statements people make on here from a far are an embarrassment

Clark gets the best out of Cripps but not from the group as a whole.

I love Cripps and Voss as leaders but they aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed. We should be surrounding them with the smartest coaches and players we can find. Need a healthy balance.

Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

Most in the industry know that Voss is no genius. From my understanding of Cripps, he parrots every phrase Voss uses. Carlton need tactical acumen in the box and I’ve said this for years. Further, who is our Pendlebury on the field? We look lost as soon as things turn against us.

Not all clubs have aspiring coaches in their side. However, ours is definitely Sam Docherty.

Last edited:
Not all clubs have aspiring coaches in their side. However, our is definitely Sam Docherty.
TBH, He and his body have been through the wringer with health and injury, and I'm kinda hoping he retires rather then struggle through another pre-season (not that he struggles for form, more to deal with the knee etc) to take a up a position in the club like this.

Angus Brayshaw might be up for it. Melbourne have a standing offer to him but perhaps he prefers a new environment

We’re skirting the issue, it’s Vossy that’s not too sharp.
An amazing footballer, natural leader, gifted with a physique made for the duress and pain anywhere on the ground. Any wonder Cripps gravitates to him. Hopefully in a couple of seasons the club will be more analytical about head coach.

I too reckon Sam Docherty may well be our coaching solution, if he’s predisposed and willing to take the challenge,
a selfless relentless servant of the club, gifted footballer , admired and respected by the Club and footy world.
Struggled through various life tragedies, one can only respect him and he too loves the Blues he’s our man.

I too reckon Sam Docherty may well be our coaching solution, if he’s predisposed a selfless relentless servant of the club , gifted footballer , admired and respected by the Club and footy world.
Reckon he's a dead cert to become a coach at some point in the future. But will need at least a couple of years apprenticeship. No-one moves straight from playing to coaching now. Sam Mitchell probably as fast-tracked as we'll see.

We’re skirting the issue, it’s Vossy that’s not too sharp.
An amazing footballer, natural leader, gifted with a physique made for the duress and pain anywhere on the ground. Any wonder Cripps gravitates to him. Hopefully in a couple of seasons the club will be more analytical about head coach.

Not too many coaches that are analytically brilliant, it's generally assistances that don't have the will or capabilities to be people leaders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I too reckon Sam Docherty may well be our coaching solution, if he’s predisposed and willing to take the challenge,
a selfless relentless servant of the club, gifted footballer , admired and respected by the Club and footy world.
Struggled through various life tragedies, one can only respect him and he too loves the Blues he’s our man.
Doc will no doubt go into coaching when he hangs up the boots, I reckon it won't be at Carlton. As most do, he will probably look to go to another club to learn more about the caper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Carlton Coaching Group 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back