Carlton @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 22, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have the good fortune to be in Melbourne for the Freo Carlton game.
Just a few things, where is the best place for Docker supporters to assemble before the game (pub)?

Also which side do the supporters sit in Etihad....I want to make sure they seated me in the right spot.

Cheers :D

Just a few things, where is the best place for Docker supporters to assemble before the game (pub)?

Also which side do the supporters sit in Etihad....I want to make sure they seated me in the right spot.

The Nixon hotel is right over from Gate 3 (from memory) and it is a perfect place to meet and drink. Then you cross the road to the game. I will be there as well. Hope that you have a great time and we have a Freo victory!

Looking forward to this week as well, Freo supporting mate has nabbed some Medallion Club seats for this one.

Hope Hilly can put on the afterburners and Hase goes alright in game 200...

when you buy your ticket at the shed just ask for tix where the dockers cheers squad sit. have done it before.

we are flying over as well. the FFC has advertised the nixon hotel.

Flying down with three league mates I'm trying to convert. :D

Looking forward to it...

Going to the North V Port game the next day too. Funnily enough had no trouble at all getting premium seats for that one;)

I'm in.
Will be my third interstate game, and we've lost my first two.
Hope the emotion of Haze' 200th gets the boys over the line.
If they don't get up for him, they'll never get up for anyone.
Pav to play a blinder for his good mate.

I'm in.
Will be my third interstate game, and we've lost my first two.
Hope the emotion of Haze' 200th gets the boys over the line.
If they don't get up for him, they'll never get up for anyone.
Pav to play a blinder for his good mate.

My third Freo game in Melbourne as well. Saw a close loss against the Tigers in 2008 and the debacle against Melbourne last year. Third time lucky? :confused:

My third Freo game in Melbourne as well. Saw a close loss against the Tigers in 2008 and the debacle against Melbourne last year. Third time lucky? :confused:

I have only seen one Freo game in Melbourne, Collingwood at Docklands in 2000.

I am hoping to keep the 100% win record in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hubert something else to bear in mind if you're buying walk up tickets at etihad.

when we went we just bought the cheapest which i think were top tier and were told as that was closed & we could sit where we wanted on ground level ( which were deemed more expensive tickets )

so check with the ticket office as you buy - you might be able to do a deal

Looks like a few people making the trip.

Anyone bringing their kids with them?? I'm taking my boy to the clinic the boys are putting on on Sunday, would be good to see a few other yunguns dressed in purple.

Being a Melb based supporter, I fear I will lose him to another team when he starts Auskick/school next year when he realises that we are few and far between here, so if he sees an army of kids in purple, might be a good start to keeping him purple!!

Goldfingers

I will be flying over there today with my crows supporting mate. Dont know if I will get to the Nixon, but will go ond sit behing the goals with the cheersquad. I am a member but I've never been to the aftermatch function. Where do we go for this? and can I bring my mate along?

hubert something else to bear in mind if you're buying walk up tickets at etihad.

when we went we just bought the cheapest which i think were top tier and were told as that was closed & we could sit where we wanted on ground level ( which were deemed more expensive tickets )

so check with the ticket office as you buy - you might be able to do a deal

Correct. Do not pay for Premium tickets or buy them from Trickydick or TrickUmaster or who ever the agent is. Simply get to the game at the gate buy a budget ticket (about $20) if it is allocated seating ask for 3rd level on the wing.
Round 2 this year against the Bombers did this and got a better spot than my usual @ Subi which is Block 306 (about $50 per game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back