Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

They did say we're tracking well and by round 20 they anticipate we'll be in the window.

Ahh... ok we have to wait till round 20 to meet their stupid criteria, never mind the fact we're clearly the best team over the last month, had to circumnavigate our way through a ton of injuries to key players, played all the toughest teams...

On another note, how good is this by Corn :tearsofjoy: Weitering's mentioned once so surely it counts as 'Carlton' in the media

My main takeaway from that is that Sam Mclure has confirmed that’s he’s an absolute ****wit with no idea about football.
Well said Corn

Ahh... ok we have to wait till round 20 to meet their stupid criteria, never mind the fact we're clearly the best team over the last month, had to circumnavigate our way through a ton of injuries to key players, played all the toughest teams...
We did a month ago have the 3rd most conceded points and currently sitting 6th most, but if we conceded a few points less against Richmond we'd be 8th most as there is a cluster of teams that we hopefully overtake in the next 3-4 weeks.

Swans are the outlier with clearly best points against and for (we're closing in though on the points for).

My main takeaway from that is that Sam Mclure has confirmed that’s he’s an absolute f*****t with no idea about football.
Well said Corn
Sam McLure needs to stop talking Moore, and talk less.

Seriously ...win the flag or it's a waste?
How about making the prelim and winning?

How about being in the GF?

Not sure if you count yourself amongst those who'd be disappointed?
Winning a cup is difficult. There are a gazillion factors and micro-factors involved.
We are set up to give it a great crack.
If people aren't happy with that, they can go
and sulk and be dreary elsewhere.
Oh gosh Mr Horsey…

Yes, there are plenty of people on here who will consider this year a waste if we don’t win a flag. There are people here who consider last year a waste for not winning a flag.

Re this year and my own views, I might think it’s a waste if we have no injuries and don’t play to our best in the finals. So, I couldn’t answer your question right now. But it is possible that I would consider it a disappointing season (I don’t think I used the word waste in my previous post… that’s a more extreme position than disappointing).

The overall comment was made re Jordan Lewis and his comments. I maintain there are circumstances where the critics will come for us if we don’t win this year. I also said there were circumstances where I didn’t think they would. I don’t find Lewis’ comments controversial.

I guess if that makes me sulky and dreary then that’s where it sits. Though I don’t particularly think I’ve said anything which would suggest I need to take myself off elsewhere.

Big love fests over the Blues in the media, and quite frankly I can’t get enough of it !! now flag faves apparently, however lots can happen, ie injuries to a few key players could derail the whole thing, so yes i am beyond excited about where we are at..and fingers crossed we can keep it up no injuries and full steam ahead to September. Bring it on baby !! :carlton: :carlton: :carlton:

Oh gosh Mr Horsey…

Yes, there are plenty of people on here who will consider this year a waste if we don’t win a flag. There are people here who consider last year a waste for not winning a flag.

Re this year and my own views, I might think it’s a waste if we have no injuries and don’t play to our best in the finals. So, I couldn’t answer your question right now. But it is possible that I would consider it a disappointing season (I don’t think I used the word waste in my previous post… that’s a more extreme position than disappointing).

The overall comment was made re Jordan Lewis and his comments. I maintain there are circumstances where the critics will come for us if we don’t win this year. I also said there were circumstances where I didn’t think they would. I don’t find Lewis’ comments controversial.

I guess if that makes me sulky and dreary then that’s where it sits. Though I don’t particularly think I’ve said anything which would suggest I need to take myself off elsewhere.
Nonono!! Mr Tarczon!
Not directed at you. I was clarifying if you thought this way.. not at all.Hiwever if we made a granny and people want to sulk...
Then my comment stands🥂😄

Potential more positive angles he could have run with:
"Carlton beat Richmond while resting best player"
"Carlton consolidate 2nd spot on the ladder"
"Carlton's biggest win over Richmond in 13 years"

Instead we find a the only negative slant available - if Carlton don't win a premiership in 2 years they're failures.
Too much Lewis talk.
Shhhh.
Hush.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think that we are a bit of an outlier to this sort of data. We might not have the most dour defence and as a result we might get scored against a bit more than other teams.

But we have the best kicking defence in the comp, this will mean that when we are up and running we will continually kick high scores. I'm more than happy to give up a couple of goals a week to get the extra 4 or five that their precision kicking returns as a trade off.

If that means that we don't fit into some Champion data demographic then so be it. Fair chance that they'll have to adjust it next year to cover themselves as we attempt to go back to back.

I actually think that we are a bit of an outlier to this sort of data. We might not have the most dour defence and as a result we might get scored against a bit more than other teams.

But we have the best kicking defence in the comp, this will mean that when we are up and running we will continually kick high scores. I'm more than happy to give up a couple of goals a week to get the extra 4 or five that their precision kicking returns as a trade off.

If that means that we don't fit into some Champion data demographic then so be it. Fair chance that they'll have to adjust it next year to cover themselves as we attempt to go back to back.
I agree that we’re an outlier in this particular demographic. I think it also comes down to the fact we can play/win in different ways. You wanna play turnover no dramas we’ll get it done. You wanna play contest/clearance no dramas we’ll get it done. I think toggling between those 2 modes within a game let alone over a period of the season will skew the numbers as well.

Apparently we're not in the premiership window...

Because the points against and points for says so...

These geniuses have come up with a premiership window and based it on... percentage

Zero context, disregard injuries and fixture... what a ****en circus...

Nah, it’s actually based on points for and against over the season.

Whether it’s luck or whatever, it’s actually very accurate.

Let’s just stay under the radar though, they’ve all forgotten (or have chosen to ignore) just how decimated we were earlier in the season especially in the backline

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nah, it’s actually based on points for and against over the season.

Whether it’s luck or whatever, it’s actually very accurate.

Let’s just stay under the radar though, they’ve all forgotten (or have chosen to ignore) just how decimated we were earlier in the season especially in the backline

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Fairly accurate obviously. They dont mention that there were 2 years teams have won whilst not being in their demographic. They don't tell us who but my guess would be dogs 2016 and dees 2021?

Fairly accurate obviously. They dont mention that there were 2 years teams have won whilst not being in their demographic. They don't tell us who but my guess would be dogs 2016 and dees 2021?

Squiggle does this but better, i.e. more accurately, accounting for form and trends throughout the season.

We were 4th on the below last week, climbing steadily.

There are other predictive tools on Squiggle that are more powerful still.

Screenshot_20240702_194341_Chrome.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back