Carlton Intra Club Match??

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of good signs and glad to see it now looks like we've suddenly got real depth. Mid's would have to be at least top three in the league in terms of quality and depth, especially now when we look at our potential riches in the ruck; defence is now starting to look solid and settled (disappointing Austin didn't play as I believe he could possibly play a cameo role up forward from time-to-time or perhaps even allow Thornton to do likewise: so many options now opening up); have a lot of potential options up forward on paper - just have to experiment a "little"! Hopefully a settled forward-line isn't too far away.

Casboult was a "boult out of the blue"! Thought Fisher, and even Scotland and Houlihan may have been on the way out, but all three played well, particularly Scotland, and putting together a best 22 has suddenly become very difficult!

possibly one of the reasons for the quiet day that Setanta had is the intra-club match from last year when he gave Cloke a bit of a working over and gave him the kick up the clacker to be going on with...

So of course he would be a bit quiet and not wanting to put a foot wrong.

Yeah was impressed with that contest. another player who looked like he was out there to prove somthing was grigg. He was pretty hard at it and give a few jumper punches to someone on the ground.

Spot on like dates in dough. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I've been reading that people didn't notice Lucas or Davies.. they must've collected all their possies on my side of the ground

Lucas was doing a tremendous job at getting into contests... finding room in narrow spaces and getting the ball out... only negative was his disposal...

Davies didn't touch it too much... but he was playing a defensive role... when he did touch it... he used it well... the boy is a brick..

As for carrots... ive read mixed reviews on here... imo he would be dissapointed in his game... got the ball heaps... but didnt dispose of the ball well

Yarran was not too bad... he was always thinking creative... sometimes it worked... others it didn't... if anything... i think it was good seeing him around the ball more often

Betts was running all day... really fit looking... but played very deep

Hammo was imo the most impressive thing to come out of yesterday... not only is his marking improved... his kicking was superb

Casboult looks massive... and did really good things... especially with marking the ball... kicking will need work on

Donaldson i thought was all really good... has speed, height, leap and also control below his knee... i liked what i saw...

Robbo has a penetrating kick now... something i didnt really see last year... he looked alot more in control when he had the ball...

tex's kicking was a highlight... so was scotto and gibbs...

grigga was yes one no the other... but was very impressed with the leadership he showed

Warnock literally did nothing wrong... he took a strong courageous mark... and looked really good

Sauce's work around the ground was also a highlight for me... his disposal and marking is good...

Hadley was good in the in and under stuff... but a couple of his kicks were deplorable...

when ever the ball was in the hendo area... he got to it... i think he had a good game... but he was quiet...

number 21 was really good at finding space... and marking... but really bad kicking at goal

On a few occasions we caught glimpses of what a powerful runner Davies is. He isn't lightning, but a powerful strider and moves beautifully for 191cm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is this...Warnock in Back position but gets the touch over Kroooooze

IMG_7594.jpg

Man, the numbers thing was one of the stupidest things I've ever, ever seen.

I understand that they might not've had much time to get them printed with the new logos and everything.

But every player wore a number at that match, so why not have them wearing their correct number?

No number at all would've been less confusing.
Iron on numbers would've sufficed for the purposes.

I wonder if it was to do with heights... (i.e. Eddie wearing #1 through to Kreuze with #43)

Another administrative shambles by that sector of the club.

I remember people asking during the pre season in regards to Hampson's height. He stands at 204cm, only two cm's shorter than Warnock at 206.

Gees, didn;t realise that, he's gonna be very handy in the forward line..just needs to take those grabs...:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Intra Club Match??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back