Carlton line up in 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of you guys have become so defensive of your club you can't even take constructive criticism. At no point did I bag Carlton or reject to weak cliches, all I did was point out what I thought was seemingly obvious. There is no point in trading for a 25-28 y.o KPP when your not yet ready to challenge for a premiership

And if you want to have a stoush over Richmond VS Carlton go to the polls board and resort to the great level of maturity there :rolleyes:

Where is the supposed 'depth' that you think Richmond has in your list ???
We are still waiting for the likes of JON and Meyer to come good :D :D

Your club, more then any other in the AFL, has wasted 1st rnd draft picks terribly over the years ...
BTW Warnock is an ruckman, not really KPP and he is actually 21 ...

Your comments here are just another subtle troll, but have no basis in fact, your club is going nowhere ... They won't be playing finals in 2009, whereas teh Blues are a good shot at the top 4, injuries and good draw notwithstanding ..

LOL @ JON again, he really is rubbish :D :D

You guys must have a serious lack of faith in your own development. Don't be so worried about trading for another KP foward or KP back like you guys keep saying but rather just look to develope some.

Don't be precious, but realistically you won't challenge for a premiership for another 2 or 3 years. In this time rather then trading for a 25 y.o KP foward/back who will be 28 by the time your chance might come around, you should be giving gametime to blokes like Austin, Hartlett and Edwards. This way these players will only be 24/25 when your window opens meaning that they will be able to give you alot more service and a sustained period of success. What's the worst that can happen? If in 2 or 3 years you still haven't found that player but the rest of your side looks capable or winning a premiership then you should be looking to trade for a ready made KP player

My two cents.
Fair comments.

Where is the supposed 'depth' that you think Richmond has in your list ???
We are still waiting for the likes of JON and Meyer to come good :D :D

Your club, more then any other in the AFL, has wasted 1st rnd draft picks terribly over the years ...
BTW Warnock is an ruckman, not really KPP and he is actually 21 ...

Your comments here are just another subtle troll, but have no basis in fact, your club is going nowhere ... They won't be playing finals in 2009, whereas teh Blues are a good shot at the top 4, injuries and good draw notwithstanding ..

LOL @ JON again, he really is rubbish :D :D

You can't be serious. I mean serioulsy, are you like 12. I'm guessing you have serious social issues or your just serioulsy insecure.

This has nothing to do with Warnock as he is only 22 or so. He will be a good fit for your club because you have no ruckman, even if you will pay over the odds- but thats nor here nor there. My point is that you have the oppurtunity to develop a player like Bower or Austin as your CHB but you would rather trade for one even though there is no point until your on the verge of a premiership. The same goes for Hartlett and Edwards as your CHF.

f02cf449.jpg

Nothing wrong with having Warnock and Hamish Hartlett in my 22. :rolleyes: :D

Classy midfield with Stevens and Hartlett on the bench.

Though Ziebell would give us the bigger bodied and hard at it mid we need in tandem with a fit Hadley. Especially after the Cats and the Hawks gave us a lesson when they have hardness, skill and size all over the park.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fisher is traded.

I like the setup without Brad there.

We won't progress as a team until the players who can't kick are replaced.

I don't mind Kreuzer playing out of the pocket in Fisher's spot and swapping in the ruck with Cloke. Kreuzer is a good kick for goal and will lock the ball in more than Fisher with his second efforts.

Cloke will give a contest at CHF if he doesn't mark it.

I can't fit Carrazzo in.

I prefer Grigg and Browne because they're better kicks.

Which echoes my earlier comment.

Some of you guys have become so defensive of your club you can't even take constructive criticism. At no point did I bag Carlton or reject to weak cliches, all I did was point out what I thought was blatantly and bleeding obvious. There is no point in trading for a 25-28 y.o KPP when your not yet ready to challenge for a premiership

And if you want to have a stoush over Richmond VS Carlton go to the polls board and resort to the great level of maturity there :rolleyes:
Correction. :thumbsu:

When you come here and acuse us of lacking faith and then go on to state the obvious, you can and will expect, as a Tiges fan, and hell, even a local, should expect the razor sharp wits of BF to take you to task. For example:

Won't be a contedner for 2-3 years? No......do you think?

Should keep developing our KPP's in Hartlett and Edwards.......really? Wow........rocket science.

Who is this KPP in his mid 20's that we are supposedly trading for...........Kent Kinglsey? Wow, now if we doubt OUR development.......what does that say about the Tiges faith in theirs? :confused:

If we drafted Hartlett and he was fit I would play him round 1.
:thumbsu:
Just having a look at the Crows game (round 6) again, and before he did his injury, he was exactly what we needed.......a strong lead who demands the ball, good hands, long kick, not afraid to bust open a pack.

.........if only for the hammies.:(

Ok, I'll have a shot......

FB: Hadley, Jamison, Bower
HB: Scotland, Waite, Grigg
C: Simpson, Stevens, Walker
HF: Houlihan, Fevola, Gibbs
FF: Cloke, Kreuzer, Betts
R: Warnock, Judd, Murphy

INT: Thorpe (traded 4 Thornton), Carrots, Russell, Ziebell

EMG: Austin, Fisher, Bentick

Next in Line: Hartlett, Edwards, Wiggins, Bannister, Armfield, Browne, S. O'hAilpin, Pfeiffer, Hampson, Jacobs

Comments.

Personally I think that this starting 18 is a very, very strong lineup.
Weakest link? I really cant pick 1 !!

Hadley is probably played a bit out of position, but I am of the belief that he is good enough to be in our best 18.

We have a solid, well balanced backline.

A young and very exciting midfield !!!! :)

And a skillful and versatile forward line.

This team uninjured would have to push for a top 4 spot on the ladder in '09.
While the Thorpe 4 Thornton trade is probably not likely, it is a nice and possible little dream of mine!!

We are also building some reasonable depth!!

If we drafted Hartlett and he was fit I would play him round 1.
Would Ziebell be ready to play in round one like Gibbs who was similarly bottom age?

How many years does Wiggins have left on his contract? :eek:
Hartlett in the best 22 already. Just curious to know how much you have seen of him TG?
Does that matter?

Pick 36 in the 2007 draft debuted in round six.

Hamish Hartlett has played senior football against men like Gibbs and Browne, so I can see him being ready to play in round one.

That's if he's fit.
:thumbsu:
Just having a look at the Crows game (round 6) again, and before he did his injury, he was exactly what we needed.......a strong lead who demands the ball, good hands, long kick, not afraid to bust open a pack.

.........if only for the hammies.:(
Hamish or Adam? ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One different option with the emergence of Bower. If he progresses a little more then Ratten could do this:

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Browne [FONT=&quot]Jamison [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thornton[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Walker Bower [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Scotland[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Grigg Stevens Gibbs
HFF? Waite HFF?
Kreuzer Fevola Betts

Cloke/Hampson, Judd, Murphy

HFF? are any of Houlihan, Russel, Chief.

Interchange are any of Houlihan, Carrots, Russel, Chief, Armfield, Hadleigh, Bentick, Austin, Setanta, Simspon, Cloke and Hampson. All depends on match ups.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

You guys must have a serious lack of faith in your own development. Don't be so worried about trading for another KP foward or KP back like you guys keep saying but rather just look to develope some.

Don't be precious, but realistically you won't challenge for a premiership for another 2 or 3 years. In this time rather then trading for a 25 y.o KP foward/back who will be 28 by the time your chance might come around, you should be giving gametime to blokes like Austin, Hartlett and Edwards. This way these players will only be 24/25 when your window opens meaning that they will be able to give you alot more service and a sustained period of success. What's the worst that can happen? If in 2 or 3 years you still haven't found that player but the rest of your side looks capable or winning a premiership then you should be looking to trade for a ready made KP player

My two cents.

Good post, i completely agree with the developing of own players. Obviously this does not apply to warnock has he is 21 and will be hitting his prime when we challenge for the flag.

He's talking about Hamish Hartlett. ;)

Sorry....missed the "drafted" part. I stand by what I said though.

What do you mean "if he's fit" Gilly?

Injured?:eek:

Thorpe (traded 4 Thornton),
Yes.......keep on dreaming. :D

Tell me the '09 list and I will tell you the side.

OK I'll Guess

B Thornton Jamison Grigg
HB Scotland Bower O'hAilpin
C Simpson Judd Stevens
HF Waite Cloke Walker
F Betts Fevola (Developing CHF)
O/B Kreuzer Gibbs Murphy
IC (new ruck or Hampson) (Armfield or new player) (Russell or new player) Carrazzo
EM: (1st or 2nd pick) (Fisher if not traded) Browne

One different option with the emergence of Bower. If he progresses a little more then Ratten could do this:

[FONT=&quot]Browne [FONT=&quot]Jamison [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Thornton[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Walker Bower [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Scotland[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Grigg Stevens Gibbs
HFF? Waite HFF?
Kreuzer Fevola Betts

Cloke/Hampson, Judd, Murphy

HFF? are any of Houlihan, Russel, Chief.

Interchange are any of Houlihan, Carrots, Russel, Chief, Armfield, Hadleigh, Bentick, Austin, Setanta, Simspon, Cloke and Hampson. All depends on match ups.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

BG, sans serif if you would please. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton line up in 09

Remove this Banner Ad

Back