Carlton made the wrong call using Pick 1 on Sam Walsh, says Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain hindsight in to save the day. Thanks Kane

Rozee was ordinary at the Champs last year doing less than he has at AFL level this year. Played a couple of good SANFL finals. Would have been a massive reach at the time. No one put him up as a No1 pick.

Could argue that Rozee should win the RS but it is crazy to suggest that he should have gone pick 1

Cornes has always hated Carlton. He has the face of a smart arse class clown who never grew up.

In any case, it would be absolutely moronic for anyone to say that they know which of the two will be better. As it stands, between Luko, Rankine, Rozee and Walsh - any of the 4 could have made a decent case for no. 1.

What makes it even more laughable is that Walsh is having an excellent first season, so the timing is strange. Well actually, Kornes is the type of dog that likes to sink the boots in when people are in tough times, so perhaps the timing makes perfect sense.

Rozee and Rankine would have been better first up fits.
Long term though? Happy with Walsh as he'll be driving a lot more than for only his on-field efforts.

Cornes is a bit of a goldfish. Simply says what he sees in the moment, whilst playing a little bit of a 'look at me' at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please don't give the nimrod this sort of exposure.

Saw the headline this morning - "Port Adelaide Great says Carlton made the wrong call" - with a picture of Walsh. Knew exactly what the "article" was going to be and who it was referring to.

Cornes is playing to his audience and stirring the pot. He doesn't believe anything he himself says, he just knows how to get a reaction. If we'd picked Rozee, he'd be starving in a forward pocket and would have 5 goals to his name for the season, while Walsh would be the second coming of Ablett up on the Gold Coast, and Port would have landed local superstar Rankine. Not hard to see what his thoughts would be in that scenario - risky pick by Carlton doesn't pay off, they're crying out for quality ball-winners and they let one slip through their fingers.

Don't think any more needs to be said.

I like what Cornes brings to the table sometimes but Walsh was a no brainer for us. We still need midfield depth. He is already our second best player. Rozee would be great but we have a potential 300 gamer who isn't going to want to go home interstate -sure he is more clinical and consistent than a Rozee type excitement machine but I'm extremely happy with our call . Keep stirring the pot and trying to lay the boot in on one of our darkest days Kane, but you are wrong on this one.

Sorry for the intrusion, but no way is Rozzee better than Walsh. Walsh is the clear number 1 draft pick, his numbers are incredible for a first year player, averaging 24 disposals a game. With more AFL preseasons, even if he continues to average 24, he will be using those disposal more effectively as he won't tire as much in games.

Rozzee is having a good year...for a first year player, Walsh is having a good year for 4/5th year player.

Kane is an idiot

Kane Cornes is a stupid and unpleasant man.

Even if this were true - which I don't think it is - this also means Gold Coast and St Kilda made the wrong calls. I assume he's been potting them too?

It's also ridiculously early to make such a call. Embarrassingly so, for a paid professional commentator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back