Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Team is in …

2 Changes

IMG_0952.jpeg
MILESTONE: Nic Newman 100 Carlton Games

IMG_0953.jpeg

Surely our experience over the last three seasons should be some sort of advantage today. Big home crowd should help too.
You definitely would think. Then again I believe our side is superior in talent to the Magpies but we keep fluffin those games. Learned people like you and me shake our head in disbelief. Go Baggers.

This is hawthorns biggest game in the last 4 years. This will be extremely tough. They’re playing with flair and fun. We will be trying to slow them down and most like unsuccessfully if you look at our form. This is going to be another sad football afternoon for us bluebaggers. Atleast weve had our full weekend first.

Bring on 2025.

I’m going to be putting my 2025 membership money on hawks to win. Atleast then I’ll get something out of today.
So curnow a late out still?

Let’s smash these pee & poo wannabes!
hulk smash GIF

We'd need some very unlikely results to go our way (and win every game which is far from assured) but I guess it's that kind of year.
Unlikely results, umm. How many winners have you tipped this round so far?

Only one I have got right so far is Shitney.

I stand corrected, forgot about port.

Last edited:
Perfect day for football in Melbourne.

Sunny clear and cool. Glad it’s at the MCG. Might need some sunscreen 😎

Given up trying to predict a winner these days. I have no idea

Top 4 a real chance if we win. It’s in our own hands. This is about opportunity and whether we are good enough and hungry enough to take it.

Looking forward to the old style jumpers as well. My favourites

GO BLUES

Last edited:
Was planning on coming over from Tas for this one and brining the young fella as 13th birthday present. He’s got his U14s EF today so had to scrap that idea. Instead putting the funds aside to hopefully take him to a final in a few weeks instead. Desperately need this one today Baggers. Go Blues 💙

Get on before hawthorns odds shorten. If he plays he won’t be doing much.

If he’s not right i hope he doesn’t play. Part of me wants to see us play with a different forward set up and not be so one dimensional. Sides gang up on Charlie yet we still kick it to him

Martin Williams Fogarty Hollands Motlop Owies around McKay could really cause Hawks some problems

Well ... the moment of truth... do we deserve to be in the finals, or not? ... and even if we scrape in ... are we only just making up the numbers?

If we lose against the Hawks and manage to still scrape in ... then yeah, we can't beat anyone half decent so just making up the numbers ... back to the drawing board and recruit some good Players.

A tall tough and fairly quick defender
A tough in and under mid
A classy small forward

Oh ... and move the list cloggers / Injury prone on ... and raise the bar. Mediocrity doesn't cut it if you want to win a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Newman stays disciplined with his tackling today. Can see him giving away a few highs to the shoulder droppers the hawks have up forward if he’s careless.

Can't go today so fellow Baggers just make lots of noise!!! Show them what 100,000 actual real human members sound like!!

And to even mention McGov in the same sentence as the great Sticks.......off with his head!!
I feel this is going to be a truckin awesome win for the ages today. Both my boy's heading down to the Gee.

Like you Dirty, am unable to go. Choosing to go, would most likely have ended in divorce.

Our mids will really bring the heat today, Harry to kick five. Enjoy the day, fellow bluebaggers.

Seize the day Patrick and may the rest of them follow your example. Blues by seven points.

If he’s not right i hope he doesn’t play. Part of me wants to see us play with a different forward set up and not be so one dimensional. Sides gang up on Charlie yet we still kick it to him

Martin Williams Fogarty Hollands Motlop Owies around McKay could really cause Hawks some problems
Yep, really cope they pull the right lever on this one. Playing a wounded Charlie makes no sense tome at all.

He is such a valuable player, gamechanger. Allowing him the week off to fully recover, could be our best option.

If we cannot win without him, then we are just meh. Just making up the numbers.

This is hawthorns biggest game in the last 4 years. This will be extremely tough. They’re playing with flair and fun. We will be trying to slow them down and most like unsuccessfully if you look at our form. This is going to be another sad football afternoon for us bluebaggers. Atleast weve had our full weekend first.

Bring on 2025.

I’m going to be putting my 2025 membership money on hawks to win. Atleast then I’ll get something out of today.
Love the positivity

Today we see how much these blokes want it!
The effort should be there we know that these days they generally bring the effort.
But when the pressure is at its highest today, when the regulation set shot has to be kicked, when the backline has to be organised in a D50 stoppage, when a high ball into our D50 with with a 2 on 1 in our favour has to be killed, when the trigger on the right kick has to be pulled. Let’s see who really stares it down and wants it!

All these big moments under pressure is what matters most, is what wins big games, wins flags. Not effort. Effort is what you give in the under 15s.

Staring through pressure and taking your moments when you’re expected to take your moment is what high level professional sport is about and what separates the wheat from the chaff. I wait with patience today but I’m not holding my breath. I fully trust 3 players only in this 23 in big moments. The rest have a lot to prove to me.

Beat Pies 2 weeks ago by 63 pts, we lost to Pies 2 weeks later

They beat Crows, in Adelaide mind you, by 75 pts. We lost to Crows at Marvel. We’ve lost our last 3 against Crows.

Beat Eagles by 61 pts away in Perth.

Wishful thinking my friend, their recent form laps us, we need to bring A+ game for this one to get a win

Yeah nah :cool:

Last edited:
Don’t care how well they are playing or not. We are the more experienced team and there is little height forward of the centre that should worry us like previous weeks. We are playing for a finals spot, on a sunny day at the G, as close to one of the best sides selected all year, as we could have hoped for this year. No excuses for losing this, NONE!

Men vs Tik Tok kids
Need to bash them from the first bounce .

Given that this side is heavily influenced by clarkson, I'd suggest that they will be bashing us.

I don't think we came out of too many hawks games without a collision injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back