Carlton player Liam Jones refusing vax - Update: Jones retires from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I dislike Carlton I hope they are allowed to be absolved of any contract dollars and are free to make a list spot available

The list spot is a given. It will be a DFA, a state player or we will risk going with what we have. Not sure if we would have approached trade period differently, if we had known earlier however. The Lewis Young trade seems inspired now. It's our own fault for ignoring our tall stocks since our bumper crop of 2015.

Now thats a bold and wrong assumption.
Take if from me, they actually do investigate.
Source: A letter I received from the TGA last week about a report I made ;)
Great! Like to see that if possible.

I made that statement based on the sharply increasing number of cases they keep calling "unclassified becasue of not enough information", so I'd like to see evidence that they've investigated test cases.

I'm also curious why they haven't reported numbers since 30th October safety report?

COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 02-09-2021
In Australia, the vaccine is now recommended for adolescents aged 12 years and over.

To 29 August 2021, we have received 293 reports of suspected myocarditis and/or pericarditis following vaccination with Comirnaty (Pfizer). Nine of these reports were in children – 8 boys and 1 girl, all aged 16 or 17 years old.

COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 09-09-2021
To 5 September 2021, we have received 370 reports of suspected myocarditis and/or pericarditis following vaccination with Comirnaty (Pfizer). Twelve of these reports were in children – 10 boys and 2 girls aged 15–17 years old. Five cases occurred after the first dose and 7 after the second dose.

COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 16-09-2021
Of the reports received, 128 reported suspected myocarditis. We have reviewed these cases against an internationally accepted case definition for myocarditis to classify how certain it is that these cases reflect myocarditis.

27 could not be classified because they did not contain enough information

For the cases classified as likely to be myocarditis patients were between 16 and 60 years-old

Similarly, we have seen that cases are reported more frequently in teenage boys after the second dose.

COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 23-09-2021
Suggests there is a higher-than-expected number of cases in vaccinated compared to unvaccinated individuals, indicating that in rare cases the vaccine may cause myocarditis. International data indicates that cases are more frequently reported in teenage boys after the second dose. To 19 September, we have received 8 reports of suspected myocarditis in adolescents aged 15-17 years – 7 boys and one girl.

COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 30-09-2021

To 26 September 2021, we have received 850 reports of suspected myocarditis and/or pericarditis following vaccination with the Comirnaty (Pfizer) vaccine.
Of the reports received, 178 reported suspected myocarditis.

• 42 could not be classified because they did not contain enough information
COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 14-10-2021

Our analysis of Australian data indicates there is a higher-than-expected number of cases of myocarditis in vaccinated compared to unvaccinated individuals for Comirnaty (Pfizer). This is similar to findings from other drug regulators overseas.

To 10 October 2021 for Comirnaty (Pfizer), we have received 269 reports of suspected myocarditis alone or in combination with pericarditis, with 31 of these reports in adolescents (12-17 years-old). We have also received 725 reports of suspected pericarditis alone, with 37 of these reports in adolescents. In the same period for Spikevax (Moderna), we have received one report of suspected myocarditis and 13 reports of suspected pericarditis, all in adults.

Our analysis focuses on data for the Comirnaty (Pfizer) vaccine. We have reviewed the 269 reports of suspected myocarditis for Comirnaty (Pfizer) against an internationally accepted case definition for myocarditis to classify how certain it is that these cases reflect myocarditis. This assessment does not determine whether cases have been caused by vaccination.
  • 80 could not be classified because they did not contain enough information
COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 21-10-2021

To 17 October 2021, we have received 312 reports of suspected myocarditis alone or in combination with pericarditis, with 43 of these reports in adolescents (12-17 years-old). We have also received 836 reports of suspected pericarditis alone, with 47 of these reports in adolescents. In the same period for Spikevax (Moderna), we have received 5 reports of suspected myocarditis and 28 reports of suspected pericarditis. Two of the pericarditis cases were in children – both boys aged 12 and 16 years. Of the 312 suspected cases:
  • 78 could not be classified because they did not contain enough information
COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 28-10-2021
Details of Australian cases to 24 October 2021

We have received 404 reports of suspected myocarditis alone or in combination with pericarditis, with 67 of these reports in adolescents (12- 17-years-old). We have also received 971 reports of suspected pericarditis alone, with 65 of these reports in adolescents.

Of the 404 suspected cases:
  • 97 could not be classified because they did not contain enough information.

Last edited:
did your magic vax save netherlands from another lockdown?
Little taste tester there for you when our winter hits and chairman dan has his power grab pandemic bill ready to put us into another lockdown as well.
Germany has a few problems anti vaxxers and waning efficacy combined with slow take up of the booster....magic didnt factor into it

It's funny isn't it.

A lot of these people screaming for freedom and supporting the Right wing ideal of 'every person for themselves', should really be careful what they wish for.

This ultimately means no free healthcare. No free education. No welfare.

Unless you have a good job (and hold onto it) and/or lots of family money - life becomes very grim very fast.

The protesters screaming for the government to get out of their faces just don't realise that the Right of politics is just using them as a pawn, to push their agenda.

And what is sad about it, is that they'll be the ones hurt the most by it.

No unions. No HECS. No health care. No welfare payments. I'd bet 99% of people protesting would be completely and utterly f’ed if what they're pushing for ever actually came to fruition.

Massive over generalisation about the right wing of politics pushing the anti vax agenda. If you had said ultra right or lunatic right, then you may be a bit closer to the mark. Given that in excess of 90% of Australians will end up being vaccinated against COVID there must be a helluva lot of right wingers in amongst them. I consider myself right wing, but I strongly believe in vaccination and mandating of vaccination for certain professions. As no doubt would many other people who consider themselves to the right of centre.

Would be interested to see what type of work Jones plans to enter into post-career where he can bypass mandatory vaccinations? Construction, hospitality are out. I assume local footy is out too as he would be required to be vaxxed to train and play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be interested to see what type of work Jones plans to enter into post-career where he can bypass mandatory vaccinations? Construction, hospitality are out. I assume local footy is out too as he would be required to be vaxxed to train and play.

He’ll probably be announced as a candidate to run in the election for Clive Palmer

No idea. What's your point?
I'm not trying to be a dick, or to rub salt into the wound for what it is worth. I find the mandate a bit OTT (given the high level of uptake) and the lack of consistency across the states baffling. NRL players are not required to get vaccinated.

I'm not going to quote the whole thing BlueE but even that's inconsistent to what you said.

You said "serious heart inflammation adverse events seen at many times higher the expected rate"

TGA says "Our analysis of Australian data indicates there is a higher-than-expected number of cases of myocarditis in vaccinated".

Not the same thing.

TGA also advises: "The TGA is looking closely at Australian reports, however because use of Spikevax is still relatively low, we are not able to calculate reliable reporting rates for the population yet."

So again what you are saying IS NOT A FACT.

You also omitted this from the advice"

"
The GACVS COVID-19 sub-committee has reviewed preliminary data from the Nordic study and notes that further analyses are ongoing to control for potential biases. The sub-committee has also reviewed data from Australia, Canada (3), Israel, and the US (4), and notes that, some, but not all data suggest a higher incidence of myocarditis after a second dose of the COVID19 vaccine from Moderna (Spikevax) than the mRNA vaccine from Pfizer (Comirnaty) in young males, although the overall risk is small. Further data are needed to understand the strengths/weaknesses of different epidemiological methodologies, sample sizes, and data sources, and their impact on these observations.

So you're just picking SOME studies and saying they are fact. That's fraudulent.

It's interesting that Finland is one of the countries mention.

I have mentioned this with kingswood71 previously that I don't believe the rate of incidences is any higher than it would normally be. A study in Finland a while back had occurrences of deaths of from myocarditis was one out of they two thousand deaths.

How many deaths from vaccine this year and how many deaths this year?

Massive over generalisation about the right wing of politics pushing the anti vax agenda. If you had said ultra right or lunatic right, then you may be a bit closer to the mark. Given that in excess of 90% of Australians will end up being vaccinated against COVID there must be a helluva lot of right wingers in amongst them. I consider myself right wing, but I strongly believe in vaccination and mandating of vaccination for certain professions. As no doubt would many other people who consider themselves to the right of centre.
Yeh I don’t get the right wing rubbish either. Maybe because a few pollies such as Craig Kelly etc heavily active in being against vaccination mandates

There would be a considerable amount of “alternative “ lifestyle people against vaccinations and they in most cases would not be from the right wing.

lazy branding

I'm not trying to be a dick, or to rub salt into the wound for what it is worth. I find the mandate a bit OTT (given the high level of uptake) and the lack of consistency across the states baffling. NRL players are not required to get vaccinated.

But individual clubs can mandate it if they want and those players won't be able to play or train in Queensland or Victoria.

NRL tends to attract more rural and 'Alpha' fans who are more likely to be anti-vax so the NRL have gone soft on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton player Liam Jones refusing vax - Update: Jones retires from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back