Carlton player Liam Jones refusing vax - Update: Jones retires from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Blues supporters I know will be quite happy

Most on BF won't be. You must hang out with some negative Blues supporters.

He's an athletic beast and intercept king who almost never gets outmarked. Has brain fades but also does some incredible things. We are down a key defender now and don't have the draft capital to replace him. It means Lewis Young will definitely play and we might have to turn to a discard for depth.

So TGA advised that "serious heart inflammation adverse events seen at many times higher the expected rate, especially for young men under 30 after the second dose."?

Show me.
Why am I not surprised you sound off and haven't read Australian or overseas data, this isn't disputed. Neither is many countries halting Modern or age restricting it to over 31s , over 24s or over 18s and now Germany and Taiwan stopping second Pfizer doses for under 18s.

Nothing to see here according to you!

TGA safety reports. Even though they only look at Pfizer (leaving out around 200 AZ and Moderna) and admit leaving out 97 cases on 24th October becasue they don't "contain enough information" (increased from 47 a few weeks ago), and they don't bother to investigate these cases, which is around one third of data, they give the following information.

Details of Australian cases to 24 October 2021

Our analysis of Australian data indicates there is a higher-than-expected number of cases of myocarditis in vaccinated compared to unvaccinated individuals for Comirnaty (Pfizer). This is similar to findings from other drug regulators overseas.

In the UK, higher rates of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported with Spikevax (Moderna) than with Comirnaty (Pfizer). The TGA is looking closely at Australian reports, however because use of Spikevax is still relatively low, we are not able to calculate reliable reporting rates for the population yet.

From 21 million Comirnaty (Pfizer) doses given, we have received 404 reports of suspected myocarditis alone or in combination with pericarditis, with 67 of these reports in adolescents (12- 17-years-old). We have also received 971 reports of suspected pericarditis alone, with 65 of these reports in adolescents.

Of the 404 suspected cases:
  • 235 were classified as likely to be myocarditis (25 were level 1, 153 were level 2 and 57 reports were level 3)
  • 75 were deemed unlikely to be myocarditis
  • 97 could not be classified because they did not contain enough information.
1636868782619.png
1636868811376.png

Details of Australian cases to 31 October 2021
We have observed a higher-than-expected number of cases of myocarditis in vaccinated compared to unvaccinated individuals for Comirnaty (Pfizer). This is similar to findings from other drug regulators overseas.

The Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety(link is external) at the World Health Organization has recently stated that current evidence suggests a likely causal association between myocarditis and the mRNA vaccines. Higher rates of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported with Spikevax (Moderna) than with Comirnaty (Pfizer) in some countries, including the UK.

They don't detail how many cases in this analysis, but assume far more than 97 cases left out "with not enough information.

1636868899527.png

Details of Australian cases to 7 November 2021
Like other countries, we have observed a higher-than-expected number of cases of myocarditis in vaccinated compared to unvaccinated individuals for Comirnaty (Pfizer).

All reports four to six weeks behind at the earliest and overseas data is up to ten times higher after second doses, which is why other countries are halting second Pfizer dose.

Delayed reports on Moderna, but TGA have acknowledged Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Ontario halting or age restricting to over 30s.

1636869095988.png

Last edited:
There's data/studies showing its about 2 per million for that age group so yes, unlucky.

Are those people related?
Nope not related. I have a hard time believing those stats. How many people are not being recorded I wonder

It's one of the known adverse events which could be symptoms of blood disorders or bleeding in brain.

TGA: "People should seek immediate medical attention if they develop any of the following symptoms after vaccination:
  • severe or persistent headache ..."
22,444 serious headaches adverse events reported to TGA, with 27 deaths not attributed to other causes, after COVID vax.

Not quite sure why you felt the need to post this. I wasn't denying that a headache could be a side effect of the vaccine.

Shame, he played good footy for Carlton in defence.
No the shame is that there's 1 more person that would rather quit their job than get the vax based on the antivax scaremongering, and who is definitely going to be walking around in the community unvaxxed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope not related. I have a hard time believing those stats. How many people are not being recorded I wonder
You have a hard time believing science based on what, the feels of it? Sounds like a solid argument.

A lot of people have a hard time believing climate change is a thing too, because its rained this week.

You have a hard time believing science based on what, the feels of it? Sounds like a solid argument.

A lot of people have a hard time believing climate change is a thing too, because its rained this week.
As in I'm sure there are plenty of people who a) don't go to the hospital and recover at home and/or b) live in a 3rd world country where stats are not kept

Most certainly can keep you in hospital for two days while being treated.
Yes, however, he was talking about people who had been diagnosed with covid... Not people who had been vaccinated.

Maybe before you decide to slide into a conversation it would be worth knowing what the conversation was about?

Last edited:
So TGA advised that "serious heart inflammation adverse events seen at many times higher the expected rate, especially for young men under 30 after the second dose."?

Show me.
COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report - 07-10-2021

To 3 October 2021, we have received 218 reports of suspected myocarditis alone or in combination with pericarditis. In addition, we have received 629 reports of suspected pericarditis alone with Comirnaty (Pfizer). In the same period we have received 3 reports of suspected pericarditis alone with Spikevax (Moderna).

Recently, Sweden and Denmark have temporarily paused the use of Spikevax (Moderna) for those aged under 31 and 18 years respectively, based on a study in progress carried out by Danish, Norwegian and Finnish public health agencies. The final report from this study is due in a month’s time. At this time, the European Medicines Agency approval of Spikevax (Moderna) for people over 12 years of age has not changed.

The Canadian province of Ontario has issued a recommendation that those aged 24 and under receive the Comirnaty (Pfizer) vaccine preferentially over the Spikevax (Moderna) vaccine.

We continue to closely monitor this risk, including working closely with international medicines regulators to share emerging safety information, and closely monitoring any reports in Australia.

However looking through the reports after 24th October (data four to six weeks before), they've stopped reporting myocarditis and pericarditis numbers, which include up to one third they don't include, "because they did not contain enough information".

And even though more countries have banned Moderna or the second Pfizer doses for young people Australia haven't acted.

I'd say very little are not recorded....Simply because myocarditis causes symptoms and these symptoms would prompt people to go to the hospital. Once there, they would be investigated thoroughly, because of the known (small) risk of myocarditis. We have all received TGA advice about it and know what to look for and how to Ix

Which the AFL did not allow..

Yes they did. The AFL allowed him to refuse the vaccine and step away from the game. Freedom comes with consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton player Liam Jones refusing vax - Update: Jones retires from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back