Roast Carlton Supporters: Lack of Support?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. But it's too bloody hard to hold back isn't it? I'll guarantee if BF didn't open for business until 24 hours after a loss a lot of heat will have gone from the vehemence of the posts. Heat of the moment is no excuse but supporters invest a lot of emotion in their clubs, teams, players. Disappointment at less than acceptable efforts is gonna be on display. And when the team wins we love the guys so much and wanna show it. I've felt like a pathetic hypocrite plenty of times before. When you think about it, that Footscray game was reason for us to be even more mad - where was that effort previously?

BF isnt really the issue, most of the supporters here are pretty decent and express themselves well, it's more the wider support base. But yeah you're probably right about the heat of the moment ect, it would be pretty strange for people to be overly critical about a player or coach with the good feeling after a win. Didn't really think about it like that, i lost too many brain cells being around collingwood supporters on the weekend :) The Old Dark Navy's feel free to delete this thread, I've had my rant

As for Carlton supporters at the game. I've heard them screaming for Emu's head and not even pronounce his name correctly. In general I'll sit in GA even though I have a reserved seat. At least opposition supporters are supposed to bag our players.

Ok. But it's too bloody hard to hold back isn't it? I'll guarantee if BF didn't open for business until 24 hours after a loss a lot of heat will have gone from the vehemence of the posts. Heat of the moment is no excuse but supporters invest a lot of emotion in their clubs, teams, players. Disappointment at less than acceptable efforts is gonna be on display. And when the team wins we love the guys so much and wanna show it. I've felt like a pathetic hypocrite plenty of times before. When you think about it, that Footscray game was reason for us to be even more mad - where was that effort previously?

Its so true though. I almost feel duty bound to call out the club and players on shit performances. If the club isnt held accountable to the supporter base then who are they held accountable to?

The AFL doesnt give a shit if we're bottom 4 and staying there. The other clubs would prefer us there. If not us, then who? They want my membership dollars then they have to give me something in return. They wont be delivering a flag anytime soon so they've got to show that its worth my while to invest not only financially in the club but emotionally and with my time. All I really want is players to go out there and leave nothing out there on the park. They havent been doing that lately, so something is wrong with the club and I dont think they should leave any stone unturned until they figure it out and get their ****ing act together.

This year was supposed to a celebration and it feels like a funeral.

BF isnt really the issue, most of the supporters here are pretty decent and express themselves well, it's more the wider support base. But yeah you're probably right about the heat of the moment ect, it would be pretty strange for people to be overly critical about a player or coach with the good feeling after a win. Didn't really think about it like that, i lost too many brain cells being around collingwood supporters on the weekend :) The Old Dark Navy's feel free to delete this thread, I've had my rant
No, no, you've complimented me nicely. I feel thread has merit and should stay and hopefully expand.

No, no, you've complimented me nicely. I feel thread has merit and should stay and hopefully expand.
I've been cunningly going around all the threads flattering the big posters with shameless complements. Planning a big Coup of these boards, the power will all be mine
tumblr_mapms62yDe1rut3y7o1_400.gif

I love these freds - not.

Thats it OP!!! - put the boot into all those unreasonable Carlton fans who go to games and are disgusted with what is dished out ....yeah win some popularity points with the die hards on BF whose mission in life to be an apologist for CRAPOLA as long as it is seen to be wearing the (previously) Famous Old dark Navy Blue - yeah cheer for a bunch of nancy pantzers with fancy haircuts - who can't kick/tackle or help their so called mates on the field...

Matey I'll tell ya something that might come as a shock to you...

all those Carlton supporters are paying their money and taking the time- just to boo Carlton - because they are ....'bad supporters'

LOL@ delusional posts like this. Hey matey!! wakey wakey!!!

Carlton is playing total SHIT football. Some of its highly paid stars are playing SHIT football - week in week out.

We have a Board which is busy white anting itself and the Club
We have Board members who are supposed to be fabulously rich - and throw peanuts at the CLub to get treated like gods.
We have an ex Collingwood CEO who can't increase membership past 50,000
We have an EX COLLINGWOOD COACH coaching on mega bucks- and he can't get the side to perform let alone win a game!!
We have just paid massive overs for an ex COLLINGWOOD so called super star - who can't kick further than 30 meters
We are debating whether to let plodders like Gibbs earn 600 or 700K pa for being a leader who jumps at shadows...

Plenty of reasons for Carlton supporters who pay good money for memberships and pay for tickets to games to get upset - patience? PATIENCE? The typical member has been ******* VERY Patient with the CLub...for how many years of pathetic failure??

Plenty of reasons for members and supporters to give bludging softies a spray mate - plenty.

and people on here seriously ask " why oh why can't Carlton draw more members?

Just LOLs.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've all got options open to us JaB.
I don't think anyone here is quite in love with everything CFC, but to hate on everything CFC is also pretty ordinary.

Question does come back to the supporter as to what we're going to do about the things we don't like and much more often than not most just come back with hot air.
Ribbing the club at every opportunity seems to comfort some but personally does nothing for me.

If one really wants to make a statement there are better ways to go about it than to vent their frustrations on a public forum, over and over and ....
In the immortal words of Allan Jeans...................Do Something.

Too right. I don't go to the footy to see my team kick 2 goals in 3 quarters against their arch nemesis in one of the most listless performances I've ever seen. I want to see passion for the jumper - that's all. And if I don't see it, I come here to talk about it.

Bang, spot on.

Win, lose or draw, at least have a ****ing crack.

I love these freds - not.

Thats it OP!!! - put the boot into all those unreasonable Carlton fans who go to games and are disgusted with what is dished out ....yeah win some popularity points with the die hards on BF whose mission in life to be an apologist for CRAPOLA as long as it is seen to be wearing the (previously) Famous Old dark Navy Blue - yeah cheer for a bunch of nancy pantzers with fancy haircuts - who can't kick/tackle or help their so called mates on the field...

Matey I'll tell ya something that might come as a shock to you...

all those Carlton supporters are paying their money and taking the time- just to boo Carlton - because they are ....'bad supporters'

LOL@ delusional posts like this. Hey matey!! wakey wakey!!!

Carlton is playing total SHIT football. Some of its highly paid stars are playing SHIT football - week in week out.

We have a Board which is busy white anting itself and the Club
We have Board members who are supposed to be fabulously rich - and throw peanuts at the CLub to get treated like gods.
We have an ex Collingwood CEO who can't increase membership past 50,000
We have an EX COLLINGWOOD COACH coaching on mega bucks- and he can't get the side to perform let alone win a game!!
We have just paid massive overs for an ex COLLINGWOOD so called super star - who can't kick further than 30 meters
We are debating whether to let plodders like Gibbs earn 600 or 700K pa for being a leader who jumps at shadows...

Plenty of reasons for Carlton supporters who pay good money for memberships and pay for tickets to games to get upset - patience? PATIENCE? The typical member has been F******NG VERY Patient with the CLub...for how many years of pathetic failure??

Plenty of reasons for members and supporters to give bludging softies a spray mate - plenty.

and people on here seriously ask " why oh why can't Carlton draw more members?

Just LOLs.:rolleyes:

This is a bloke who ****ing loves his club. You wont win many friends around these parts JaB, shit you may even find yourself on a couple of ignore lists, but Ive gotta give you props for laying it out there.

I think thats why you get sledging at the footy from our own supporters. We put so much emotional investment into the club. Love them. Cheer for them. Pray for them. Feel devastated for them if they cop an unlucky injury. Its like a dagger in the ****ing ribs when they strut about the field not giving a shit and practically forming a guard of ****ing honour for the opposition to waltz into their forward 50.

Still haven't heard a valid reason why it's acceptable to scream at the top of your lungs that player xyz is a shit dog spud who probably shags his sister and teammates…same applies on here I guess.

But I pay my cash so I can do whatever I like!! Spare me.

Ordinary efforts deserve to be called out…critique away, but have a bit of class, and demonstrate a modicum of intelligence, when you do.

Still haven't heard a valid reason why it's acceptable to scream at the top of your lungs that player xyz is a shit dog spud who probably shags his sister and teammates…same applies on here I guess.

But I pay my cash so I can do whatever I like!! Spare me.

Ordinary efforts deserve to be called out…critique away, but have a bit of class, and demonstrate a modicum of intelligence, when you do.

Frankly I find some efforts from the players rather shallow and pedantic. Pass me the sherry Niles :thumbsu:

..... Its like a dagger in the ******* ribs when they strut about the field not giving a shit and practically forming a guard of ******* honour for the opposition to waltz into their forward 50.

Emperor Malthouse - has he got any clothes on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back