Carlton trades and draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is people are rating pick 14 as though its in the top 5-10 picks. They are classing it as an early 1st rounder instead of the a pick that really has a value of about pick 20 once you take out the 17 yr olds the GC took last year.

I see where you're coming from.

It's sorta like the way that some supporters and clubs rate a fringe player for them as a first round draft pick.

The problem is people are rating pick 14 as though its in the top 5-10 picks. They are classing it as an early 1st rounder instead of the a pick that really has a value of about pick 20 once you take out the 17 yr olds the GC took last year.
No.. they're rating it as being equivalent to the 14th best player available in this draft - which it is. You're deliberately devaluing it (wrongly) to the 20th best kid, because doing so suits your agenda.

Pick 14 = Pick 14
Pick 14 != Pick 5-10
Pick 14 != Pick 20

No.. they're rating it as being equivalent to the 14th best player available in this draft - which it is. You're deliberately devaluing it (wrongly) to the 20th best kid, because doing so suits your agenda.

Pick 14 = Pick 14
Pick 14 != Pick 5-10
Pick 14 != Pick 20
You're being silly about this Vader simple because it's Adelaide's pick or in other words it suits your agenda. You know that Toy, Weller, Matera, Hine, Jolly, Russell, McKenzie, Shaw and possibly even May would've been almost guaranteed to go before the player who will be picked 14th in this years draft if it hadn't been raided by Gold Pass.

I'm really looking forward to the way you guys will back flip and start hyping him up once he's on your list.

like the way you guys have !

until 2 weeks ago grigg was the next judd , half the carlton supporters were creaming themselfs with how good and tuff he was.

he has within 1 day become a gutless dog that cant kick , has no awareness
sh!t trainer yet there is a thread with 4o pages saying how bad he is but worth a 2nd round pick.

lets see how you will be pumping up thursfield to us next year lol

until 2 weeks ago grigg was the next judd , half the carlton supporters were creaming themselfs with how good and tuff he was.

sh!t trainer yet there is a thread with 4o pages saying how bad he is but worth a 2nd round pick.

ivehhk.gif

I really hope for your sake that you're a troll, surely no one could be this silly.

ivehhk.gif

I really hope for your sake that you're a troll, surely no one could be this silly.
I think he is just really dumb. Tambling is worth West Coast's priority pick and a fringe player apparantley (even though they don't have a priority pick this year).:D

Spelling and punctuation would help, just a bit.

It won't help the logic though.

Who said Grigg was the next Judd? So 20,000 supporters were "creaming" themselves were they? Do you always deal in facts?

Spelling and punctuation would help, just a bit.

It won't help the logic though.

Who said Grigg was the next Judd? So 20,000 supporters were "creaming" themselves were they? Do you always deal in facts?

dont really give a crap about your thoughts on my spelling & punctuation to be frank. now go and arrest somebody els for spelling mistakes perhaps you will be awarded a medal for it. :rolleyes:

dealing in facts you say ................hmmmm well if they are not facts then its the fault of your fellow supporters.
because i knew that they would all be pissed off at him and that the thread thats currently running 40 pages may not accurate i went back & had a look at the older threads & posts about shaun grigg & YES they were all creaming.

so you see i'm only going by what carlton supporters posted in the past & if they are not facts. blame your own mate.

dont really give a crap about your thoughts on my spelling & punctuation to be frank. now go and arrest somebody els for spelling mistakes perhaps you will be awarded a medal for it. :rolleyes:

dealing in facts you say ................hmmmm well if they are not facts then its the fault of your fellow supporters.
because i knew that they would all be pissed off at him and that the thread thats currently running 40 pages may not accurate i went back & had a look at the older threads & posts about shaun grigg & YES they were all creaming.

so you see i'm only going by what carlton supporters posted in the past & if they are not facts. blame your own mate.

First of all Carlton supporters saw Grigg as a Midfield saviour i rate him and believe he will become a good player.For what ever reason he didnt get the opportunies he believed he deserved and now has walked because the good people at Richmond are prepared to pay better coin.
So can you take your BS back to Punt road with Grigg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First of all Carlton supporters saw Grigg as a Midfield saviour i rate him and believe he will become a good player.For what ever reason he didnt get the opportunies he believed he deserved and now has walked because the good people at Richmond are prepared to pay better coin.
So can you take your BS back to Punt road with Grigg.

so lets get this straight, grigg was ripping it up at the ants & couldnt get into the seniors even though he deserved to be playing.

gibbs was out of form most year & most carlton supporters believed he deseved to be dropped but wasnt.

mclean,gibbs,warnock etc getting big $$$ for doing not much, but a highly rated big bodied mid thats 22 & seen as future good mid doesnt get games or a sufficiant salary increase

wonder why he wants to leave !!

talk about taking BS back,maybe there is too much bs being taken back to visy park

Grigg never 'ripped it it up' at the Bullants enough to make it impossible not to select him. We know he is a good player with plenty of potential and we were waiting for him to force his way in.... but his games at the Bullants were full of poor disposal and bad decision making. Once elevated he played some great football, good enough to stay in the team.
I think he is one of those players who is much better in the 1sts than the magoos plus he takes 10 weeks to get over a 2 week injury. Keep him in the ones and keep him injury free and you will be getting potentially a great player. BTW, had this opinion long before he wanted to leave if you care to check facts.

so lets get this straight, grigg was ripping it up at the ants & couldnt get into the seniors even though he deserved to be playing.

gibbs was out of form most year & most carlton supporters believed he deseved to be dropped but wasnt.

mclean,gibbs,warnock etc getting big $$$ for doing not much, but a highly rated big bodied mid thats 22 & seen as future good mid doesnt get games or a sufficiant salary increase

wonder why he wants to leave !!

talk about taking BS back,maybe there is too much bs being taken back to visy park

We don't gift our players games. Grigg had to work for his spot. He doesn't want too. I rate Grigg and think he will be a very good player but if he doesn't want to work hard then let him commit career suicide by going to Richmond.

as soon as our players go onto the trade table we just rate them higher.

There was a lot of frustration with walker this year yet everyone wants big compensation. I would personally would be satisfied with the following trades.

Sam Jacobs - Adelaides compensation selection

Andrew Walker - Andrejs Everitt and Bulldogs compensation pick

Shaun Grigg - Will Thursfield

People do want more fro the Jacobs trade which would be good but we should be able to settle on that.

There was a lot of frustration with walker this year yet everyone wants big compensation. I would personally would be satisfied with the following trades.

People do want more fro the Jacobs trade which would be good but we should be able to settle on that.

You mean like you are doing now? Walker for Everitt plus Harbrow Compensation is not only not going to happen, but it is grossly inflating Walker's currency and bending the dogs over.

That draft pick will either be used on Sherman or kept. But keep telling yourself you will bend the dogs over:rolleyes:

You are a muppet, well done :eek:

Jacobs - Undervalued Jacobs in this trade, steak knives Sellar will be included with the compo pick as a minimum. Most likely a player swap plus pick exchanging will be done.

Walker - Won't go to the dogs, Bulldogs won't be able to (or be willing to) satisfy Carlton. At this stage Walker staying at Carlton looks most likely, he is of greater value to us than what everyone else will offer. He's also contracted, so if we believe he's in our best 22 in 2011 (I certainly do) we'll keep him, give him the opportunities he wants and then re-sign him.

Grigg - Undervalued, would rather put him in the PSD than get a list clogger like Thursfield at Carlton. Any trade that gets done here Carlton will lose in, but trading for someone who won't even get a game is pointless. Give us a draft pick or try your luck in the PSD.

You are a muppet, well done :eek:

Jacobs - Undervalued Jacobs in this trade, steak knives Sellar will be included with the compo pick as a minimum. Most likely a player swap plus pick exchanging will be done.

Walker - Won't go to the dogs, Bulldogs won't be able to (or be willing to) satisfy Carlton. At this stage Walker staying at Carlton looks most likely, he is of greater value to us than what everyone else will offer. He's also contracted, so if we believe he's in our best 22 in 2011 (I certainly do) we'll keep him, give him the opportunities he wants and then re-sign him.

Grigg - Undervalued, would rather put him in the PSD than get a list clogger like Thursfield at Carlton. Any trade that gets done here Carlton will lose in, but trading for someone who won't even get a game is pointless. Give us a draft pick or try your luck in the PSD.

you sir need a doctor.
http://www.ahpra.gov.au/

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton trades and draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back