Carlton v Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I'm a saints fan, but I reckon the Blues will have the chance to cause an upset this week in a thriller. Think about it: you got the Fevolution back up forward, so you can kick a winning score (and itll be a good battle against the Sav).

Then you got the home ground advantage at Optus Oval, which you almost beat Sydney at, even though you had no Fevola or whitnall. Then youve got the last time you met the Kangaroos, where you were robbed of victory twice in the last 30 seconds. And dont forget the Saturday night upset you pulled against the Roos last year. Pagan has inside information on the Roos, and he always kknows how to stop them. And dont forget, its always hard to win the week after you travel to Subi, look how Geelong limped over the line after 3 poor quarters against the pies. Carlton also go in hard the weeks after they get pumped, when they lost those two games by 100 points they came from behind and posted unlikely victories.

So this match should be the match of the round IMO, and it shouldn't hurt that Carlton will go in as $2.80 underdogs.

I just hope we are competitive after last weeks debacle. Some very alarming similarities between this year and last year. Mid-season break, then heartbreaking loss when we should have won (i.e Melbourne last year) then basically non-competitive after that. North are a bit unpredictable, hope the North that turned up against Bulldogs in Canberra and NOT the one that turned up against Port re-surface.

Originally posted by GrahamH
I just hope we are competitive after last weeks debacle. Some very alarming similarities between this year and last year. Mid-season break, then heartbreaking loss when we should have won (i.e Melbourne last year) then basically non-competitive after that. North are a bit unpredictable, hope the North that turned up against Bulldogs in Canberra and NOT the one that turned up against Port re-surface.

The Sydney loss was far more heartening than heart-breaking but the issue here is we're putting a better team on the park, but the confidence is just as fragile.

I would like to see us have a comfortable win, 30 points or more.

Kangaroos are a dangerous team, they can pull anything out of their ass, so we must play some hard tough running footy and kick it long into our forward line.

We were lucky to win lol, they could of so easily of ran over us like Sydney did.

Kangaroos will be lucky to make the finals, if they do they won't last long.

Could have been a 40 point win with some good kicking but hey, the most exciting thing was that there was still enough scoreboard pressure for us to win.

Well done and the best thing to take away from today was that all our problems were things that can be improved by training and practise.

1.5 or something and one out on the full.

I find that a positive, he got his hands on the ball and if he had of kicked straight he may of had 4 goals on the board.

If he can touch the ball as much this week against Geelong we would be a show under the roof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton v Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back