Carlton V Richmond no longer in the Big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, Big 4 will only ever be a company that control caravan parks in Australia.

Then again, i bet alot of Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon and Carlton supporters live in caravan parks therefore the name is apt.

I've always been of the impression that South Australia was one great big caravan park, is this correct?:confused: Also, being South Australian and being confined to living in a caravan, where does one keep his fine collection of banjo's?:confused:

Let me paint a picture, round 19 2004 there was a game at the G on a Saturday afternoon between 9th placed Essendon (who went on to make the finals) and 12th placed Carlton. Now would anyone care to guess the crowd figure for a game between these 2 Big 4 clubs when a finals spot was on the line for the Bombers and the Blues had actually won a few games that year(unlike Richmond who are currently on 3 wins and sitting bottom 4)?

Highlight to reveal: 45,083

I've always been of the impression that South Australia was one great big caravan park, is this correct?:confused: Also, being South Australian and being confined to living in a caravan, where does one keep his fine collection of banjo's?:confused:

We keep the banjo's in the boot at the front, I thought that was obvious.
I guess you guys in Victoria can't keep yours in there due to it being full of sex toys instead.

BIG4LOGO-new.jpg

typical richmond flog.
Your club is really really shit.
Will never be big 4 again.

You are all kidding yourselves........the big 4 will always be the big 4, it never changes, as it was created many years ago, and no matter how much of a powerhouse your club is, it will never be like what the big 4 was.

Pure trolling attempt by the OP, not considering how shit the weather was and it was forecasted for rain etc.

The big 4 is what it is, no-one can change it, it may not be as powerful as what it was, but the fact is, it will be the ONLY BIG 4.

Barely 50,000 there with Carlton playing for a spot in the 8, in dry weather.

These 2 clubs really do need games on special occasions to get good crowds. Where's the nearly 40,000 odd extra that were there for the round 1 match?
Oh that's right, it's not the opening game of the season.
It's not Cousins' first game for the Tigers.
There's no over-hyped build up for Cousins V Judd.
It's not Judd's first game for the Blues (last season).

The AFL should really look at only scheduling these 2 teams on public holidays, or the opening game of the season.
Even Bulldogs V Pies got more last night, at a crappy stadium :eek:
Damn good effort for so many to see the Richmond groundhog day.
I applaud the effort esp any Tigers that sat through to the end.
Did any Freo fans stay until the end at AAMI last night?

Haha the hatred and obsession of Richmond is infinite.

I wonder why?:)
I do believe the Carlton Obsessions club does not give a toss about Tigerland. Hence then pleathora of threads about us in the past 4 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It actually is proven true. I'm sorry but if people are going to blame the weather for the poor Pies/Ess turnout when both teams are going well then this has to be taken into consideration today, while I will admit it was disappointing. While Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton are the 3 highest in attendances, Richmond are still 4th and are one of the worst teams in the comp. Sorry but when we can keep doing that above teams like Saints who are killing it and Hawks off a premiership I think we belong in the 'big 4' still. Would you prefer there wasn't a 'big 4' and you didn't get the massive crowds you do when any of us play each other? If so, you are a moron. Personally I look forward to a season when they are all up and playing well, because the crowds will be great.

Of course competing against clubs (purely for crowd size) that play numerious games at regional country'esk boutique venues always helps

Take Richmond's inflated crowd sizes away and they are no better than any other run of the mill Victorian club

Take Richmond's inflated crowd sizes away and they are no better than any other run of the mill Victorian club
Of course, the fans of most other clubs have a reason to stay for the whole game, so on a "minutes watched" basis Richmond would barely rate above the Demons in crowd numbers.

Richmond Big 4? :D:D:D

Now that is funny!

Under the leadership of Ringmasters March & Rawlings they are fast becoming the most insignificant club & an embarrassment to the competition.

Still, if going to the Circus is your kinda thing, then I guess they serve a purpose.

Nobody takes crowd figures from 2002-2005 seriously as the G always had a stand missing.
Between 2002-2005 Essendon and Collingwood played every game in front of crowds above 50k. Including 53k the week after the poor crowd the Bombers and Blues attracted. So much for that theory.

Between 2002-2005 Essendon and Collingwood played every game in front of crowds above 50k. Including 53k the week after the poor crowd the Bombers and Blues attracted. So much for that theory.
Yes, and now we play in front of crowds of 80k against collingwood. So all the crowd figures were lower over those years. Thanks for proving my point. :thumbsu:

Most of us (non Richmond and Carlton supporters anyway) predicted the drop off in crowd as there is really only ever one time of the year where both team's supporters are bouyed with hope and expectation of a potentially successful year ahead - that is naturally before round one.

Come round 15, Richmond have again realised they are a long way from it and Carlton are sitting back working out their new marketing campaign for 2010 as they know they're only going to be playing finals under sufference.

the fact that we are even still a club and can still turn out 50k odd for a nothing game when its raining.

Firstly, it wasn't raining. It didn't rain 1 drop. Proof that you know jack shit.

Secondly, Richmond didn't draw 50,000 to the game. Richmond AND Carlton did. Your pathetic excuse for a football club draws shit crowds against all but 3 teams......... 3 teams that boosts Richmond's numbers to give their feral no-finals-attending fans some false bragging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton V Richmond no longer in the Big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back