Game Day Carlton v St Kilda Practice Match Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t remember the last time I saw a genuine shoot out. That was genuinely enjoyable. The difference in the end was our skills.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Going from the shortened version to a shootout with a 30 second break between each goal made the first half seem like it went forever.

Positives: Williams, Pittonet, JSOS, Fisher, Walsh third term, Setterfield, Murphy forward, Dow, LOB 11 touches in a half, mcdonald worth a shot?

Negatives: Docherty, Plowman, Cripps no impact, injuries, back 6 letting multiple numbers out the back, Moore missed his shot but was probably behind McDonald to start with.
Harsh on the back six. If targets are hit up the ground there is no rebound. Premiership sides don't give up that much rebound, something we must aspire to.

Tackles inside 50 - 15 to 5 our way. Huge positive.

McDonald has to get our last list spot based on this game.

Zac Williams is a gun and Adam Saad just changes the way we play.

Fisher is at his absolute best.

JSOS must play every week.

Walsh is a gun.

Murph's new role suits our game nicely.

Setters is awesome.

Jack Martin needs to do more.

Lochie O'Brien really good in the time he played. I think the MC sees him outside the 22 but he should be competing with Cunners and Martin for a bench spot.

Gibbons didn't get on the ground again. Reckon he is seen as a walk up start by the coach. Competing with Fogarty for a small mid spot and I thought Fog came into the game but Gibbons offers more at this stage.

Dow looking good again. Has earned himself a round 1 start.
Imagine paying Martin close to a million to be fighting out a spot with O'Brien and Cunningham.

Don't think he is that bad (or bad at all) but needs to stop going missing like he has his whole career

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

id be happy if plowmen and Curnow never played another game for us. I would much rather give games to Stocker obrien dow than play them two

Feel like Ed was valuable in the fourth when his tank gave him an edge over tiring players, but early on he looked too slow for the helter-skelter game that the stand rule is encouraging.

Will be interesting to see if teams slow things down as they adjust this year, which would improbe Ed's suitability. If it's this quick all the time he might be a bit of a liability.

Tackles inside 50 - 15 to 5 our way. Huge positive.

McDonald has to get our last list spot based on this game.

Zac Williams is a gun and Adam Saad just changes the way we play.

Fisher is at his absolute best.

JSOS must play every week.

Walsh is a gun.

Murph's new role suits our game nicely.

Setters is awesome.

Jack Martin needs to do more.

Lochie O'Brien really good in the time he played. I think the MC sees him outside the 22 but he should be competing with Cunners and Martin for a bench spot.

Gibbons didn't get on the ground again. Reckon he is seen as a walk up start by the coach. Competing with Fogarty for a small mid spot and I thought Fog came into the game but Gibbons offers more at this stage.

Dow looking good again. Has earned himself a round 1 start.
If it's Gibbons vs Fogarty for the last spot thats a no brainer to Gibbo after tonight. Fogarty really anonymous out there

Martin and Doc vying for Worst on Ground tonight.

Some glaring errors from Doc but still lead our disposals with 27 at 70% efficiency. He was visible bad at times, whereas Martin was invisible bad. Let's not be over the top though when Callum Moore had 4 disposals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh on the back six. If targets are hit up the ground there is no rebound. Premiership sides don't give up that much rebound, something we must aspire to.
It's not just when it's on a turnover though. It's when there's a ball on the ground we all go to it likes bees to honey and the ball gets flicked around by hand to 2 or 3 spare out the back. It's under 12s footy!

Imagine paying Martin close to a million to be fighting out a spot with O'Brien and Cunningham.

Don't think he is that bad (or bad at all) but needs to stop going missing like he has his whole career

Imagine adding to the silly $1m narrative that the media nuffies and opposition fans peddle...you know full well it was last year only and his salary drops significantly for the next 4 seasons.

Imagine adding to the silly $1m narrative that the media nuffies and opposition fans peddle...you know full well it was last year only and his salary drops significantly for the next 4 seasons.
Tongue in cheek but would still be on nice coin to play a qtr or two a game or one game in 3. It's his career so far. Hopefully it changes but last year wasn't much of an improvement.

A million was last year to get him across the line in the PSD. Much less than that now. Not particularly relevant anyway.

Must admit, this more open style should suit him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back