Carlton - very worrying signs from tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

An injury or two away from bottom 2 next year.

Their bottom 6 players in the 22 are probably the worst in the league.

They have a good nucleus of 6-10 players but so does every side. Won't play finals next year and they will rely on getting unknown types to be league players before they are thereabouts.

Carlton has a much brighter future than Essendon irrespective of injuries.

Some of these supporters will be in their rocking chairs at 80, still with a big chip on their shoulder, still banging their walking still on the ground screaming "cheats, cheats, they're all cheats". Think you should build a bridge before it takes over your life.

Talking tanking, how did Roo and Kosi get to St.Kilda? Come back when you win a 2nd flag in 110 years. Even Fitzroy won 8.
Unfortunately, there are a handful of Saints supporters here who operate on, and feed off, blind hatred for the Carlton FC (see how nasty the last line of the post you quoted is for example). Personally, I find it a pretty sad way to be and am glad following the game hasn`t reduced me to that.

I was really disappointed in the result from Saturday night to be honest. Although I thought a win was out of the question, I was really expecting maximum effort to finish the season with a positive performance. Instead, we got largely the opposite and ended up with a pretty comprehensive battering.

Having said that though, it is a pretty long bow to draw that the game (ie one game) indicated `worrying signs`. There has been plenty of improvement this season (results wise and with the playing group) to indicate otherwise. Sure, we still have areas where we need to improve - our defence, ruck and the over-reliance on Fevola for instance - but overall we have moved forward. Next season of course will be crucial in assessing how far we have come.

lol - in the last part of the 2003 season the Saints won four out of five last games by ten goals or more, getting beaten by Geelong on a very wet Kardinia Park game by a couple of goals.

Carlton have been nowhere near the Saints of 2003 in the last five games. The Saints didn't get flogged by 80 points in their last game.

Another false dawn.

Yippeee ... look who's back.:rolleyes: Please stay longer this time JB. We have missed you the past few months.

Does anybody seriously think Carlton cared about winning that game?
There was nothing in it for either team on the night,
The only reason any of the 50,000 spectators turned up was to see Buddy vs. The Fev
Get Over it, Carlton will definately play finals in 09 and thats all that matters

The blues played one on one with buddy he got his ton. Hawks have no morals and tried to play 4 on fev all game. Still got 7 and if McLaren wasn't a f*wit he would have got his ton.

I think it's goood, hawks are happy to love failure. Blues will win a flag in 2010.

LOL.

Stupidity is funny.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton - very worrying signs from tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back