Carlton vs Richmond - All Trolls Welcome Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who Actually Thinks we will lose to Carlton in Round 1???

No they didn't, they both put in shockers. Henderson is still feeling his way into it, but his 1%ers, 2nd and 3rd efforts and defensive pressure were all you could ask from any tall forward. Also keeps his feet in the contest which is very important. A few skill errors but I'm not too concerned about that given it was his first run for the club. Will improve on that every time he steps on the park.

Mate you use a few skill errors as an excuse for him, we could do the same for Hislop.

If not for his skill errors he would have kicked 5, and noone can deny Hislops 1%'s.

Henderson = Polak last night given he had more opportunites than Polak.

Murph is no guarantee for rd 1 is he Sin?

Gibbs I agree will be better.

Massive disagreement on Stevens though. His form against us, and this being about rd 1, is a massive loss. He has always dominated against us.

Walker is quite an unknown, which version will turn up?

Simpson will obviously help a bit.

Murph will be back in the next week or two, he'll be playing round one.

Gibbs, Judd and Ratten were all in experiment mode last night, they all seemed pretty casual about it. A bit disappointing but we know they'll be fair dinkum when the real stuff starts.

Stevens wasn't there round one last year and apart from a couple of decent games just wasn't the same player since the neck injury, won't really be missed.

Walker and Simpson should make a lot of difference with intensity, run and carry, all of which were poor last night.

Mate you use a few skill errors as an excuse for him, we could do the same for Hislop.

We'll keep a close eye on them this year and then see which one made a few errors, and which one just isn't capable of any better then?

We'll keep a close eye on them this year and then see which one made a few errors, and which one just isn't capable of any better then?

LOL Touche' :p

You are quick this morning Sin LOL

No they didn't, they both put in shockers. Henderson is still feeling his way into it, but his 1%ers, 2nd and 3rd efforts and defensive pressure were all you could ask from any tall forward. Also keeps his feet in the contest which is very important. A few skill errors but I'm not too concerned about that given it was his first run for the club. Will improve on that every time he steps on the park.

Lol you are joking please tell me you are joking! He dropped about 5 sitter marks, gave away multiple free kicks and kicked the most horrendous out on the full you will ever see.

As for Yarren he had a very similar game to Tom Hislop, they both got in the right spot but CAN'T KICK FOR SHIT! The only difference is we know Hislop is no good and is not a long term solution and Carlton supporters are still holding on to the fact that they drafted a gun.

Serioulsy open your eyes and post an unbiased view.

You can have all the one percenters, and 2nd and 3rd efforts you want (by the way, Polak and Hislop would have had just as many) but if you are completely useless on the first effort you aren't going to do too well.

F@#$ me the delusion continues, Sin take a break youre starting to sound like parrot.

BTW if any of us tried to express similar views on your board we would be having a holiday.

I don't think Lucas struggled, he did some pretty good things and improved as the game went on, pretty much all you can ask for a first gamer. Quite happy with how he went.

Most of what I saw him do was poor. He got a bit of the ball though.

Jarrad Waite for a start, who is better than any of the forwards we had playing last night. I expect consistent improvement from Henderson as well, he showed some good signs last night and got more comfortable as the game went on, will continue to do so, particularly when we have a full strength midfield.

You'll need rapid improvement, not consistent.

He was JON-esque last night. Dreadful.

And to however suggested Yarran had 30% disposal effieciency - I looked it up and it was smack on 30%:thumbsu:

F@#$ me the delusion continues, Sin take a break youre starting to sound like parrot.

LOL....though that would be a compliment for him. Parrot is the most respected poster over there. Loved by all Tanker supporters due to her unrelenting hatred of us and inability to criticise anything the Blose do and the fact every Blose player is a champion or champion in training.

May take a look at this NAB cup game though later tonight.....what happened to McBrock...blurred vision cause a collision?

Chris Yarran game last night proves why Carlton took him instead of Daniel Rich. :)

Yarran showed poise and skill beyond anything Daniel Rich has done :rolleyes:

Sin City is being nothing but overly optimistic about the Carlton forward setup.

Remove Fevola and the best defender gets allocated against the replacement forward.

When Fevola was playing that same player may have got the 2nd or 3rd best defender.

If you think the same player is going to improve the goal output from last year with a more credentialed defender, that is wishful thinking.

Sin City is being nothing but overly optimistic about the Carlton forward setup.

Here is my post from before the game started, nothing has changed. I won't change my opinion just because of a close loss in a meaningless, experimental pre-season game against the kings of unsociable football.

Won't be too worried about the result, no matter what the score is I won't change my expectations for the team during the NAB cup. The thing I really look for is the improvements in individuals and seeing what they'll bring to the team for the season. Will be paying extra attention to Henderson, Warnock, Hampson, Yarran, Garlett, Browne, Joseph, McLean, Robinson and Gibbs.

Edit: Add Grigg to the top of that list, tipping a huge year for him.

Carlton without Fevola are not a very good team. Simple. Even with him they were not much chop.

At the moment they may be a step or two ahead of us but we will glide past them with no amount of effort in the near future.

They are mediocre and will continue to be mediocre. People say we will be effected by the new teams coming into the competition, but we will not be the only ones and the worst ones.

No matter what happens in Round One or this season, we will fly past them in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love the Carlton optimism (delusion). Henderson was nothing short of dreadful last night. Any spud can make an effort and contest.

Gibbs was crap.
Yarrans so called finishing skills were awful.
Mclean was worse than he was at Melbourne. I thought he was flying on the track? He was slow and uncommitted all night.

If we can match them in the midfield we will go close to winning.

To be honest, most, if not all Richmond supporters here calling Carlton supporters 'delusional' are hypocrites.

Nice generalization. I suppose we all spit on our coach aswell. :thumbsdown:
I'm talking about how they're all having a go at them for being optimistic and calling them delusional. Everyone's been doing it.

as well is two separate words:cool:
Thanks for the input. Shouldn't you be bagging out your young players in the plethora of hilarious threads over there.
I'm talking about how they're all having a go at them for being optimistic and calling them delusional. Everyone's been doing it.

Okay.

We will win by 4 goals, thats about the most realistic sum.

FB: Kelvin Moore - Will Thursfield - Alex Rance
HB: Shane Edwards - Luke McGuane - Chris Newman

C: Dustin Martin - Trent Cotchin - Ben Cousins
Ruck: Angus Graham Ruck Rover: Nathan Foley Rover: Daniel Jackson

HF: Andrew Collins - Brett Deledio - Jayden Post
FF: Robin Nahas - Jack Riewodlt - Mitch Morton

Interchange: Tyrone Vickery - Ben Griffeths - Richard Tambling - Shane Tuck

Emergencies: Dean Polo - Troy Taylor - Graham Polak

:thumbsu: or :thumbsdown: :D

When i look at the midfield, taggers, ruck & half forward line i shit myself. :rolleyes:
geez apart from martin and griffiths on the bench that is exactly the same group of players who led us to 15th last yr. i have to ask are we in rebuild or not.
it seems some dont want any change or as little as possible.
i have to say i for one this yr wont be watching to many games if it is to be the same underperformers who have taken us nowhere playing the majority of games again. theres no hope and no future persevering with proven failures.
play the kids. play as many as possible as often as possible.
surely as supporters over the last 5 or so yrs we have seen enough of many of the so called senior players to know we have to do better than them.
for these [players the simple manra must be perform or perish and you will have to take a spot of the youth.

Guys can we keep the talk about the game and not about specific posters as that is what brings the trolls.

This is not the place to complain. This thread is about round 1 vs Carlton. This thread is where you can vent. http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16946240

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back