Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Worry about your own club champ.

I just think Kangaroos supporters who are passionate about keeping their team based in Melbourne need to start getting some honest answers from those running the club. I would strongly suggest that Rick Aylett is perhaps driving a Gold Coast move for the Kangaroos. But if you prefer to ignore the warning signs you will find yourself in the same boat as the Keep South at South people who were done over by Rick's dad.

I just think Kangaroos supporters who are passionate about keeping their team based in Melbourne need to start getting some honest answers from those running the club. I would strongly suggest that Rick Aylett is perhaps driving a Gold Coast move for the Kangaroos. But if you prefer to ignore the warning signs you will find yourself in the same boat as the Keep South at South people who were done over by Rick's dad.

Kangaroo supporters are well aware of the current situation.

It's been front page news for the past 6 months. We're not living under a rock.

And for the record, Aylett follows that Board's policies. He's not driving the push.

When will you nufties learn that it's not about bums on seats? It's about bums in front of television sets!!!!

The more one-off families that haven't been exposed to The Greatest Game In The World that go to a game and like it, the more that will end up watching it on tele, and watching the ads or paying for Foxtel to watch it.

Comprende?

The Gold Coast is a Massive growth area, with more people moving there than anywhere else in Australia, and with a long, established AFL background (go the Palm Beach-Currumbin Lions!!!).

Hence, more people may be "bribed" to see a game, become a convert, go see one or two games a year, but WATCH EVERY GAME ON TELE.

Can you spell R E V E N U E ? ? ?

I, for one, hope the GC get a team. I'd prefer to see the Roos relocate because personally I can't see them surviving in Melbourne. If they do it's a win-win-win for the Roos, the AFL and the Gold Coast.

Most importantly, it will expand our Great Game.

That's right! and SE Qld is lucky to get 100k watching games on tele.

Capacity is not 18000. 13644 is a good crowd, especially for NRL. Very profitable indeed.

I think you'll find the capacity is around 18,000 for RL matches at Carrara....

Titans v Sharks- 17,946
Titans v Eels- 18,021
Titans v Cowboys- 17,806 (in wet conditions)
Titans v Rabbitohs- 17,266

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_crowds.php?id=31

This is the first match thats drawns under 17k for them at home, due mainly to form and the fact the Raiders and a poorly supported team outside of Canberra (even in it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back