Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would they do that, when they are trying to promote the game, and as such get as many people to experience the sport. That does not make one iota of sense.

People experiencing the sport by having them jammed in like sardines and generally being uncomfortable does little for the promotion of the game. They're just a lot less likely to come back.

I can't see how that doesn't make sense.

People experiencing the sport by having them jammed in like sardines and generally being uncomfortable does little for the promotion of the game. They're just a lot less likely to come back.

They where hardly jammed in there like sardines the other night. They could of easily had more in those concourse areas.

Jammed in? There was heaps of room.

Free giveways, cheap family tickets, AFL run promotion and lots of Carlton fans. 11,600 people. On what planet is that considered positive? We got those figures at Canberra and were laughed at. If we got double that in Melbourne we would get laughed at.

The same game would have got 35,000 in Melbourne. I hated maths at school so avoided it where possible, but that does not stack up to me.

You call it League, I call it rugby. Its actually name is (National) Rugby League.

Rugby Union is called Rugby, it was the first of the two sports. Rugby League is called League. If you call it a different name then you might end up looking like a fool. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't when discussing the game in the future:thumbsu:

Just making sure you know what your talking about, then next time you say something about League you can sound somewhat educated about the game
I don't pretend to know much about rugby (League or Union).......unlike some people who have seen 3 games of AFL, then start spouting absolute garbage about how the game should be run. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free giveways, cheap family tickets, AFL run promotion and lots of Carlton fans. 11,600 people. On what planet is that considered positive? We got those figures at Canberra and were laughed at. If we got double that in Melbourne we would get laughed at.

The same game would have got 35,000 in Melbourne. I hated maths at school so avoided it where possible, but that does not stack up to me.

good point

even though North have a low supporter base in Melbourne, it is >>>> than any they would have in Canberra, GC etc

for starters carrara fits 12,000

maybe it would be better for the GC to get their own team

maybe it would be better for the GC to get their own team

Of course it would. A relocated side simply dilutes the base here to the point of insignificance and is nothing more than a fingers crossed type thing on the Gold Coast. Carlton had heaps (relatively) of support on Saturday, yet it still wasn't sold out.

Over 12 games, it dilutes it even further. We have 1700 members up there who payed $65. We have about 20,000 here who pay at least $130 for 8 games, and that is following our worst ladder position ever, terrible pre-season media, rubbish messages from the club re our future and a rigged, laughable board election. We have the youngest supporter base in the comp per capita (3rd most fans under 15 years old in the country. Think of that for second) and heaps of potential for growth depending on the club getting it right.

If the Gold Coast is ready (which is clearly isn't), a proper Gold Coast club is the only viable option. Clearly.

Rugby Union is called Rugby, it was the first of the two sports. Rugby League is called League. If you call it a different name then you might end up looking like a fool. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't when discussing the game in the future:thumbsu:

What part of 'Who cares' don't you get d1ckhead?

I don't pretend to know much about rugby (League or Union).......unlike some people who have seen 3 games of AFL, then start spouting absolute garbage about how the game should be run. ;)

According to most New South Welshman and Queenslanders I work with i play AFL.

The Kangaroos hierarchy were extremely pleased with the crowd, which was 500 more than for the game against Brisbane. Rick Aylett hailed the night as a huge success. I wouldn't have said there was heaps of room, but at the same time people weren't jammed in either. Another 1000-1500 people in the ground would have made it unpleasant for those in the general admission areas, though.

BTW, I think alarm bells should be ringing among those Kangaroos supporters trying to keep their team in Melbourne. Rick Aylett's latest comments in the Gold Coast Bulletin do nothing to suggest the club will not eventually move to the Gold Coast. Graham Duff also is not stepping up to the plate & totally ruling out the move.

When will you nufties learn that it's not about bums on seats? It's about bums in front of television sets!!!!

The more one-off families that haven't been exposed to The Greatest Game In The World that go to a game and like it, the more that will end up watching it on tele, and watching the ads or paying for Foxtel to watch it.

Comprende?

The Gold Coast is a Massive growth area, with more people moving there than anywhere else in Australia, and with a long, established AFL background (go the Palm Beach-Currumbin Lions!!!).

Hence, more people may be "bribed" to see a game, become a convert, go see one or two games a year, but WATCH EVERY GAME ON TELE.

Can you spell R E V E N U E ? ? ?

I, for one, hope the GC get a team. I'd prefer to see the Roos relocate because personally I can't see them surviving in Melbourne. If they do it's a win-win-win for the Roos, the AFL and the Gold Coast.

Most importantly, it will expand our Great Game.

So the lesson here is to know just a little of what you are talking about or else you'll look like a fool. A shame Mickdog fails to practice what he preaches.

BTW, I think alarm bells should be ringing among those Kangaroos supporters trying to keep their team in Melbourne. Rick Aylett's latest comments in the Gold Coast Bulletin do nothing to suggest the club will not eventually move to the Gold Coast. Graham Duff also is not stepping up to the plate & totally ruling out the move.

Worry about your own club champ.

I, for one, hope the GC get a team. I'd prefer to see the Roos relocate because personally I can't see them surviving in Melbourne. If they do it's a win-win-win for the Roos, the AFL and the Gold Coast.

And a lose-lose for North Melbourne members and the Brisbane Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back