Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interest of fairness, and accuracy for all those who have posted in this thread, here is a link to the 'super offer'

http://www.aflgoldcoastjuniors.com.au/sas/afl/gcj/NewsItem.asp?Ref=2320

Now this super offer, as everyone has stated required you to purchase your $25 family ticket from Ticketek, so you can add $5 to the price I would say for their booking fee.

Now these tickets were only available for the general admission area, which is not a really great area to watch a game at Carrara. How does this explain nearly all of the reserved seats being sold? As someone posted on here earlier, the seats were about $39-00 a throw.

Now lets look at the family offer in its full reality, and how good it actually was.

I looked up the price of a family ticket to the MCG for next weekends game, North Melbourne v Melbourne on Ticketmaster.

The total cost for a family of 4 to go to the game AND have a reserved seat in the second row in the second tier would be $69.90. Take the RESERVED SEAT out of the equation and the price comes back to approx $42-00, or $12-00 extra from what those who took up the offer on the Gold Coast paid. A massive $12-00 that is, and also remember when you go to the MCG to watch North Melbourne v Melbourne, and this is not ment to offend any club, as it would happen at nearly any game at the MCG, but your general admission price will let you still in absolute comfort with your choice of seats.

So here are the facts:

AFL offered some cheap standing room spots at Carrara.

The reserved seats were a virtual sell out.

11,649 turned up to Carrara.

I gave my AFL, $25 letter to a friend at work. She took her family to their 1st ever AFL match last night.They had a ball, that has to be good for AFL in QLD. A new family loving our game.

If the AFL has to subsidise ticket prices to get a crowd, well so be it. Good to hear the family had a good time. Would have been a good game to boost membership/merchandise sales after the game.

If ive said it once, ive said it a thousand times, it makes more sense to go straight to the place with an already football martket - Tassie.

For christs sake Hawthorn, stop delaying and pack your bags...

Tassie deserved this years ago.

It is quite strange that people are having a go at the AFL or whoever released the discounted tickets for trying to grow the game in SEQ.

So what if the AFL is reacting to the Titans on the GC, at least they are doing something in a non-heartland state and are actually trying to create a presence on the GC.

If they gave away 1,000 free tickets it would all be worth if it half started or continued to follow the code there.

This cheap ticket information is just crap until some poster comes out with an article about it. Even a photocopy of the cheap ticket etc. There has been a few posters saying that cheap tickets were sent out but not one shred of proof.
My best mate is a Roos supporter and got sent the cheap family pass information. I think he has a membership that doesn't give him entry into games so that is probably why he got sent it. $25 for a family apparently, whereas the normal price is $39 for two adults and two kids. He said there was a place online to go and purchase the cheap tickets so it must have had a validation number or something.

My best mate is a Roos supporter and got sent the cheap family pass information. I think he has a membership that doesn't give him entry into games so that is probably why he got sent it. $25 for a family apparently, whereas the normal price is $39 for two adults and two kids. He said there was a place online to go and purchase the cheap tickets so it must have had a validation number or something.

If it was just for members then that would be fair enough. The issue is of course if they are giving these tickets out to people on the Gold Coast.

Of course weather they did or did not is not the problem. The crowd shows the Gold Coast need a side in the AFL.

In the interest of fairness, and accuracy for all those who have posted in this thread, here is a link to the 'super offer'

http://www.aflgoldcoastjuniors.com.au/sas/afl/gcj/NewsItem.asp?Ref=2320

Now this super offer, as everyone has stated required you to purchase your $25 family ticket from Ticketek, so you can add $5 to the price I would say for their booking fee.

Now these tickets were only available for the general admission area, which is not a really great area to watch a game at Carrara. How does this explain nearly all of the reserved seats being sold? As someone posted on here earlier, the seats were about $39-00 a throw.

Now lets look at the family offer in its full reality, and how good it actually was.

I looked up the price of a family ticket to the MCG for next weekends game, North Melbourne v Melbourne on Ticketmaster.

The total cost for a family of 4 to go to the game AND have a reserved seat in the second row in the second tier would be $69.90. Take the RESERVED SEAT out of the equation and the price comes back to approx $42-00, or $12-00 extra from what those who took up the offer on the Gold Coast paid. A massive $12-00 that is, and also remember when you go to the MCG to watch North Melbourne v Melbourne, and this is not ment to offend any club, as it would happen at nearly any game at the MCG, but your general admission price will let you still in absolute comfort with your choice of seats.

So here are the facts:

AFL offered some cheap standing room spots at Carrara.

The reserved seats were a virtual sell out.

11,649 turned up to Carrara.

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Gold Coast Kangaroos should be a certainty soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course weather they did or did not is not the problem. The crowd shows the Gold Coast need a side in the AFL.

I don't think it shows they 'need' a side in the AFL, more that it wouldn't be a disaster having a team there to start with, and that there is definite room for growth on the GC for AR football and that given time an AFL team up there could be a big success.

I don't think it shows they 'need' a side in the AFL, more that it wouldn't be a disaster having a team there to start with, and that there is definite room for growth on the GC for AR football and that given time an AFL team up there could be a big success.

Exactly. I hope no-one thinks that you could put a team up there and it's going to be instantly viable. It's going to take a fair bit of time (IMO 10-20 years) for that to happen.

If it was just for members then that would be fair enough. The issue is of course if they are giving these tickets out to people on the Gold Coast.

As my previous post said, these tickets were offered to all people involved in footy on the Gold Coast, but they were ONLY for GENERAL ADMISSION tickets.

Reserved seats were virtually sold out as far as I could see.

By the way, I was told during the week that every registered RL junior on the Gold Coast has been given free tickets to the Titan games. I have no proof, can show no links, but do however believe it to be true (I have been offered free tickets a few times myself) There is well and truely a football war taking place, and people are trying to get themselves bragging rights, the AFL is doing what they need to do, offering a 30% discount on a family ticket to stand and watch the footy is hardly a huge thing to do.

The crowd shows the Gold Coast need a side in the AFL.

I dont think so, if 11,649 people signed up as Gold Coast members, then i think we could say they "need" a team in the AFL.

Work needs to be done to the ground, improve the facilities, improve the capacity........see if they come in.

The temp stands do not allow for an extra 6,000 seats!

Quite true, they do not allow for an extra 6,000. They do however allow for approx 2,500 to 3,000 I believe.

These extra seats, along with the fact that they pack you in like sardines at Titans games in the standing room would make for the difference. I am of the understanding that the AFL do not allow for as many general admission tickets to be sold. From experience, I can tell you that general admission at a Titans game is no fun at all:(

I dont think so, if 11,649 people signed up as Gold Coast members, then i think we could say they "need" a team in the AFL.

Work needs to be done to the ground, improve the facilities, improve the capacity........see if they come in.

I think this has already been discussed.:rolleyes:

Yes the ground needs to be improved (which is happening), the facilities should be left to the team to provide but i'm sure the AFL will give the Kanagas enough handouts to ensure they have no worries in that area.

Quite true, they do not allow for an extra 6,000. They do however allow for approx 2,500 to 3,000 I believe.

These extra seats, along with the fact that they pack you in like sardines at Titans games in the standing room would make for the difference. I am of the understanding that the AFL do not allow for as many general admission tickets to be sold. From experience, I can tell you that general admission at a Titans game is no fun at all:(

Why would they do that, when they are trying to promote the game, and as such get as many people to experience the sport. That does not make one iota of sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back