Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope some deluded Roos fans still don't think Carrara can fit 20,000. :rolleyes:

Here are 2 certainties you hold onto over the weekend:

1) Tonight's game will have a crowd of 12,000 (capacity).
2) Kanga nuff-nuffs will rabble about the dismal crowd.

"If the game was in Melbourne there would be 25,000+" Blah, Blah...

The AFL is desprate for a big crowd, so they've been sending out family tickets to the Carrara game priced at 20 odd dollars.

Great that those in the Gold Coast get to see a footy match live for 5 dollars a head, whilst us in Melbourne have to pay $50 to see the footy.

Meh, guess it's better then them handing out free tickets like they did at the last game.

Absolute crap, went in to Ticketek on Tues and cheapest tickets $39 each!

Absolute crap, went in to Ticketek on Tues and cheapest tickets $39 each!

That's because you went to ticketek ****wit.

Re-read the thread.

I hope some deluded Roos fans still don't think Carrara can fit 20,000. :rolleyes:

Here are 2 certainties you hold onto over the weekend:

1) Tonight's game will have a crowd of 12,000 (capacity).
2) Kanga nuff-nuffs will rabble about the dismal crowd.

"If the game was in Melbourne there would be 25,000+" Blah, Blah...

Reported for trolling :)

getting people to the footy is getting people to the footy IMO. if they make it cheaper so the smaller fan base up north will get involved then thats alright if it means the fan base will grow and the game will thrive up there.

Look at all the Kangaroo supporters explaining how to develop an AFL market, because you do such a great job of it. You have wrecked your club in Victoria with poor membership, so perhaps you should leave the market development talks to someone else.

Seriously, if you have ever been to Cararra you would know how chockers the place looks with 11k in it. It is not a great stadium, and seating is limited, hence crowds aren't huge. I'm not a fan of the stadium, but anywhere is good if its AFL footy at the end of the day.

Seriously, if you have ever been to Cararra you would know how chockers the place looks with 11k in it. It is not a great stadium, and seating is limited, hence crowds aren't huge. I'm not a fan of the stadium, but anywhere is good if its AFL footy at the end of the day.

Exactly. I have been to two of the Kangaroos games at Cararra, and every SEAT was sold. Be stuffed if I would pay to stand, so perhaps the issue is that, and not whether AFL works on the Gold Coast, which it clearly does.

Exactly. I have been to two of the Kangaroos games at Cararra, and every SEAT was sold. Be stuffed if I would pay to stand, so perhaps the issue is that, and not whether AFL works on the Gold Coast, which it clearly does.

[yorkshire accent] But try telling some people that today, and they won't believe you. [/yorkshire accent]

Look at all the Kangaroo supporters explaining how to develop an AFL market, because you do such a great job of it. You have wrecked your club in Victoria with poor membership, so perhaps you should leave the market development talks to someone else.

We did a pretty good job with Canberra. Good enough that Melbourne and the Bulldogs are now playing home away from home games there.

If North didnt do the groundwork i doubt either club would be sticking its neck out to play there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did a pretty good job with Canberra. Good enough that Melbourne and the Bulldogs are now playing home away from home games there.

If North didnt do the groundwork i doubt either club would be sticking its neck out to play there.

well done! develop a market and then leave. Brilliant strategy, guaranteed to ensure long term survival.

More money elsewhere.

We gave Canberra alot more than the Demons gave Brisbane, the Bulldogs gave Sydney and the Saints gave Tassie.

I am not sure about any of that. Demons - Brisbane is not really about development up here, either is Bulldogs - Sydney. Saints and Hawks in Tassie seems to have stuck to me.

I am not sure about any of that. Demons - Brisbane is not really about development up here, either is Bulldogs - Sydney. Saints and Hawks in Tassie seems to have stuck to me.

The Saints dont play in Tassie anymore.

well done! develop a market and then leave. Brilliant strategy, guaranteed to ensure long term survival.

Then why leave?

Love this thinking.

This whole site was giving us crap last year for not giving a taste of footy to the Gold Coast region.

AFL made us an offer we couldn't refuse, and now we get bagged for abandoning Canberra.

Can't win with you dullards.

Love this thinking.

This whole site was giving us crap last year for not giving a taste of footy to the Gold Coast region.

AFL made us an offer we couldn't refuse, and now we get bagged for abandoning Canberra.

Can't win with you dullards.

I am all for North going for the biggest offer.

But I feel if they stayed in Canberra they could of built up the hard work they had been doing and improved revenue from ACT and wouldn't have had to worry about relocation to Gold Coast stuff. They could of stayed out of it.

Seems like there is a bit of under table stuff on all sides including North board to get them to move to the Coast.

More money elsewhere.

Yes, and your club had no hesitation in telling everyone that either.

'We are on the Gold Coast because we get more money"

And people actually have the gall to blame the Gold Coast people if they don't show up to support these whores.

It would be a decent investment for the club to send someone there on a Marketing 101 course.

And people actually have the gall to blame the Gold Coast people if they don't show up to support these whores.

It would be a decent investment for the club to send someone there on a Marketing 101 course.

It would also be a decent investment for your club to send someone to Coaching Football 101.

A key indication of a support for a code or team in a particualr area is how far fans are willing to go to cheer for their team.

You would be lucky to see any support at all for Gold Coast Titans away games and I wonder what their crowds will be this time next year when the public have worked out that the hype doesn't match the product.

The Gold Coast is there for the taking for AFL if they do it right.

Another peon expressing his uneducated viewpoint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carrara crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back