Carroll won't play in Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

As there won't be a spot for him. So, he played one good game, good on him. With Nicholson, Bizzell, Ferguson and possibly Holland down there, Carroll won't get a look in.

Just pointing it out.

B. Whelan, Lamb, Bizzell
HB. Bell, Carroll, Ward

Int. Ferguson

Holland at CHF.

That is my 1st choice backline.

Replace Lamb with Nicholson if you want Big Al in there.

Originally posted by Demon37
B. Whelan, Lamb, Bizzell
HB. Bell, Carroll, Ward

Int. Ferguson

Holland at CHF.

That is my 1st choice backline.

Replace Lamb with Nicholson if you want Big Al in there.

Nicho at full back, Fergie at CHB with Biz on a flank. That's how it will probably line up. Lamb is an interesting one, and so it Broady. Carroll won't make it. Just because he has ONE good game on Hall doesn't mean he is that good. He did let Kingsley kick 5 on him remember! ;)

Carroll didn't allow Kingsley 5 goals, the midfield's pathetic display in the last quarter allowed Kingsley 4 goals for the quarter. Geelong had so much of the footy that day that even Grgic had a day out.

fergeson has way more potential than carroll but caroll has preformed better

wat about nick smith guys?

i'd have holland and smith swapping between CHF and CHB

fergy on the bench maybe

Nicho is a better player than Carroll and Ferg only because he has played more games. Carroll and Ferg have far more potential and should be given game time ahead of him. Both are faster and more versatile, its sad but I can't see Nicho playing too many games next season.

Originally posted by Demonheart
its sad but I can't see Nicho playing too many games next season.

i can see nicho playing just about every game next season... the only time i see him not playing is if we are playing a side with a very small forward line... but the side will line up like this...

B: Ward Nicholson Brown
HB: Bizzell Carroll Whelan
C: Heffernan Yze Johnstone
HF: Robertson Holland Miller
F: Vardy Neitz Green
R: White Bruce McDonald

INT (from): Jolly Rigoni Armstrong Wheatley Thompson Godfrey Smith Williams

i don't think both carroll and fergie will play in the same side, expect them to be rotated in and out of the side unless one of them dominates... I think ND will try and play holland up forward, allowing miller to take the 3rd defender... If the backline is struggling then holland can go back, and miller can play @ CHF... Holland really gives us that key position flexability we need...

i think smith is wasted in defense when he can be a gun centre half forward

use fergy and carroll (only 1 of em in a game not two) in defense along side nicho and holland. when carroll and fergy step up then drop nicho and leave holland there with the experience

on the other side of the centre square i would love to see nick smith at centre half forweard from round 1 as i feel he shoul be there ahead of miller. miller can probably play in the pocket but he isnt a strong enough marker yet to be permanent CHF

no but melbourne seem to shove all tall KP players in defense

think about it in the last 2 year Carroll, MIller and Fergy have all played in defense at start out

its only been recently that miller has gotten a few games in attack

fergy was originally a ruckman remember

even bizzel was put straight into defense but i wont coment on that coz he is a quality player

i think smith needs to be at CHF from the word go and they need to mold him into a CNF alongside robba and miller possibily and use holland, nicho (for now) fergy and caroll in defnese

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by melbournemartin
no but melbourne seem to shove all tall KP players in defense

think about it in the last 2 year Carroll, MIller and Fergy have all played in defense at start out

its only been recently that miller has gotten a few games in attack

fergy was originally a ruckman remember

even bizzel was put straight into defense but i wont coment on that coz he is a quality player

i think smith needs to be at CHF from the word go and they need to mold him into a CNF alongside robba and miller possibily and use holland, nicho (for now) fergy and caroll in defnese
Caroll has always been a KP defender.
Miller was, according the club at least, serving an apprentership in the backline before going forward.
Ferguson played FB & Ruck in the VFL before we recruited him IIRC. He has only now been experimented with up forward.

Smith will more than likely spend the time he gets next year up forward IMO.

where do u guys think rivers fits in to all this?

he is 191 cm but only 85kg so a bit of a leightwieght for his height

he is also a bit faster than the other young KPP

wat u think forward or back or possibly midfield occasionally

Is everybody losing their mind?
Carroll and Whelan are the only two defenders with a nasty bone in their body and from all reports that is exactly what we need.
Let's give up on these pretty Luke Williams types, ask Alistair Nicholson to leave, give Chris Lamb a go and feed Ferguson for god's sake.
He was made to look like a boy against Richo in round nine and never recovered.
Backling could go like this.
B: P. Walsh, J. Rawlings ??? but prob C. Lamb, N. Carroll.
HB: C. Bizzell, B. Holland, P. Wheatley/M. Whelan.
Wheatley is a thumping kick and just didn't get any sort of opportunity.

B: Ward Carrol Whealan

HB: Bizzell Holland Brown

C: Bruce Travis Heffernan

HF: Robo Miller Green

F:Thompson Neitz Smith

Ruck: White Mc Donald Yze

Int: Jolly Sylvia? Fergy Armstrong Godfrey Bell (or Rivers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carroll won't play in Round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back