CAS decision Tuesday AM. Countdown on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's may be the case, but don't think CAS thinks that way.

Personally I think there has been some bad CAS decisions in the past where CAS has awarded a 25% discount for stupid reasons. Eg advice from. Medical student brother giving a experienced professional athlete a supplement as a birthday present and telling him it's safe and not harmful and that's all, no research or checking on behalf of the athlete. CAS has treated the no significant fault discount more as a lack of intent discount and CAS will be consistent with itself.

I just cant see CAS going the players are a 100% at fault in a team environment on a club spoored program.
Were the Chinese swim team given no significant fault discounts?

I actually think the AFL will somehow compensate these clubs.
I always thought it incredibly odd how no clubs ever flinched whilst recruiting dudes who were about to face an independent tribunal for doping breaches.
Was really weird I thought.

So weird, that I'm certain the AFL was behind it. I mean, how bad a look would it have been if clubs started refusing to deal with Essendon?
Disastrous.
Only one could simply qualify? The rest were buyer beware scenarios.

Only one could simply qualify? The rest were buyer beware scenarios.
I don't buy it.
I don't reckon a club would be that reckless, unless given some assurance or incentive.

I mean seriously, pick 5 for a guy that could very realistically be banned for 2 years before he even plays a game for the club? And they weren't the only club prepared to do it either.

The scenario where Essendon is unable to offload any disgruntled players and/or trade back into the draft due to being blacklisted by all other clubs would be an absolute disaster the AFL.
It'd be a look for the game that the AFL simply wouldn't allow.

Not on the HTB, but for the average AFL fan or Australian this should be the end of it

It may be the end of it...if participants and/or victims are prepared to just "move on".

It may be the start of a whole new chapter... if participants and/or victims aren't prepared to just "move on".

Game man to declare "over soon".

If 2012 EFC players get off...then probably largely over...but maybe not.

If 2012 EFC players get done...then probably not over.

It may be the end of it...if participants and/or victims are prepared to just "move on".

It may be the start of a whole new chapter... if participants and/or victims aren't prepared to just "move on".

Game man to declare "over soon".

If 2012 EFC players get off...then probably largely over...but maybe not.

If 2012 EFC players get done...then probably not over.
It won't be over either way.
If players get done, it's just the beginning.

If they get off, there's still all of Dank's lawsuits and Hal Hunter to go. And all it will take us one single person to crack anywhere near a courtroom and we're back in business again!

As each player retires, there's always the risk one of them will reveal something.

If a player ever gets sick, regardless of the actual cause, this will flare up again.

If WADA's commissioned TB4 test ever gets off the ground - here we go again!

The only way it will remotely be the end of it, is if CAS tell us all that they really don't think they took any banned drugs.

Which won't happen.

And even then, massive questions will be asked of everyone who drove the whole investigation in the first place, and Danksy boy will have a field day in the courts.

So no, it's not over by a long shot either way.

The HTB will die, but the saga will continue for years.

Were the Chinese swim team given no significant fault discounts?

Pre-WADA days, but in this case CAS did not accept the swimmers argument for how the diuretic got into their system. They blamed actovegin which could scientific experts stated could not have resulted in the positive test. Despite having their alternative explanation debunked, CAS made a point of stating if Actovegin was the reason for the positive test it would than have considered a less serve sentence including completely exculpated (

Edit CAS also went further to specifically mention team management and the clearing of the product of prohibited substances, i.e Actovegin "its not easy to see how much more could be reasonably required of competitors.

Last edited:
Disagree. If theyre found guilty they wont fight it, theyll serve their bans and be back ready to play. If they are found not guilty it will be over. Either way the club can begin rebuilding from next Tuesday instead of 3 years in limbo

So if the players are found guilty they'll just cop it sweet and move on ... ok
If found not guilty the suspicion that they got away with it will always be there for many along with the fact that at anytime , anyone involved could talk or worse still , suffer health related problems .
No , whatever happens on Tuesday , this isn't just magically all over and done with .
As has always been the case , the truth is the only real Avenue efc have open to them to truly begin afresh ...

I actually think the AFL will somehow compensate these clubs.
I always thought it incredibly odd how no clubs ever flinched whilst recruiting dudes who were about to face an independent tribunal for doping breaches.
Was really weird I thought.

So weird, that I'm certain the AFL was behind it. I mean, how bad a look would it have been if clubs started refusing to deal with Essendon?
Disastrous.

Why should the AFL compensate clubs that recruited people with potential 2 year bans hanging over them? Its not like they didnt know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You told us a while back that the saga pretty much killed your enjoyment in watching AFL and you hardly watch a game anymore. Instead you spend your days in here obsessed with everything Essendon, a club that you think is shit. You do understand what it means to be a loser, right?
It's probably a tad far fetched to say I "spend my days" here dude.

You told us a while back that the saga pretty much killed your enjoyment in watching AFL and you hardly watch a game anymore. Instead you spend your days in here obsessed with everything Essendon, a club that you think is shit. You do understand what it means to be a loser, right?

I worry for you if this decision doesn't go the way you expect.

Why should the AFL compensate clubs that recruited people with potential 2 year bans hanging over them? Its not like they didnt know.
To prevent clubs from not recruiting their players.

I'm not saying they SHOULD. I'm saying the AFL are so dodgy that I think they already offered assurances/incentives for clubs to trade Essendon players.

From an AFL PR perspective, just imagine the look if Ryder, Melksham, Carlisle etc. all want to leave, but other clubs say 'Nah man, big chance you're gone for 2 years cause you may be a drug cheat'.

Firstly, it'd keep Essendon shitter for longer as they wouldn't be getting draft picks in return.
Secondly, the players themselves would be filthy and could say all sorts of shit about Essendon publicly.

Thirdly, it would contradict the narrative that says 'there's nothing to see here. Everyone has moved on. Let's all concentrate on the footy again'.

There is no way in hell the AFL would allow that to happen.

Last edited:
This coming from an essendon supporter. Priceless.

......and this from someone who fakes their own occupation in a footy forum....even more priceless. When it comes down not guilty a few of you guys better think of another bf name

As opposed to the creepy uncle type you portray with all your built up anger

Last edited:
...... When it comes down not guilty a few of you guys better think of another bf name

Why? Essendon did a deal with the AFL that included missing finals and pleaded guilty to WorkCover.

Hardly like a CAS verdict showing it can't be proven individual players got one certain drug at certain times "clears Essendon".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back