CAS decision Tuesday AM. Countdown on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Essendon did a deal with the AFL that included missing finals and pleaded guilty to WorkCover.

Hardly like a CAS verdict showing it can't be proven individual players got one certain drug at certain times "clears Essendon".

The finals ban and the fine were due to Essendon failing to have a proper record management system in place which meant the investigation was hampered

The finals ban and the fine were due to Essendon failing to have a proper record management system in place which meant the investigation was hampered

Yep. Right.

Considering the players are the party here and will receive the emails, how can Essendon confidently say they'll release a statement on Tuesday morning? What if the players just decide not to release the information at that time?

Players may get specific findings but general info goes on the CAS website once the players know their fate.

Specifics will leak fairly quickly too. Carlisle is a snap chat fiend.

How will the Bombers announce this?

Will they get all the players to stand behind the culpable parties in Dank, Charters, Hird, Corconan, Evans, Reid etc while the chairman says "We believe we still have good governance?"

Will the players be at the pub again?

Will we go live to Jobe "captaining" from Europe somewhere?

Very naive to suggest this alone is what the punishment was for.

More like I understand what has been happening, the EFC was clearly fined due to the lack of record management which resulted in the situation not being fully investigated as the AFL would have liked, we will need to wait until Tuesday for the verdict on the injection program which we already know happened but the question of doping is the outstanding question that needs to be answered.

Considering the players are the party here and will receive the emails, how can Essendon confidently say they'll release a statement on Tuesday morning? What if the players just decide not to release the information at that time?

AFL is also a party... They be getting the emails and can forward them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Jobe gets an early heads up about this verdict, like he did with Gillon a few days before "the independant AFL verdict"...ya know...to tell him to iron up his double denim outfit.

Watson may well choose to use the Gazelle and his esky as a means of delivering the medal to AFL headquarters if things go badly for him on Tuesday .
Still so much to play out yet ...

Interesting!

But it would be up to the AFL to take Jobe's brownlow off him?... which I can't see them doing personally.

CAS has the power, depending on the sanction.

They may strip all awards from the 2012 season, and/ or backdate a penalty from than, or use a different date entirely.

That's much more a open question, and one I'm unsure off

Which board will meltdown the most:
Saints if they lose Carlisle for 2 years or Port if they lose Ryder/Monf?
Saints, Port, Dogs, Demons would be the order for mine. Saints can totally rock a good melt - fearsome capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back