CAS decision Tuesday AM. Countdown on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARRRRGGHHH.

This is the day that I travel overseas to North America. 3 years worth of delay and bs leads to this day, meaning that I will be delayed and won't get to watch the meltdown (or participate in it).

Is the Australian cricket team scheduled to play in North America at this time ?
You might have some company on the plane ...

I wonder if Jobe gets an early heads up about this verdict, like he did with Gillon a few days before "the independant AFL verdict"...ya know...to tell him to iron up his double denim outfit.

The old Canadian tuxedo.

I wonder if the more intelligent EFC fans ever thought there'd be the day when they were awaiting Verdict Day, with bated breath, to see if their "man/men" gets off?.....just like Lance Armstrong fans, O.J. Simpson fans, George Pell fans, Chris Cairns fans, Stephan Milne fans...before them did.

Completely oblivious to how they look to the outside world.

I wonder if the more intelligent EFC fans ever thought there'd be the day when they were awaiting Verdict Day, with bated breath, to see if their "man/men" gets off?.....just like Lance Armstrong fans, O.J. Simpson fans, George Pell fans, Chris Cairns fans, Stephan Milne fans...before them did.

Imagine how you'll look when unable to accept the decision of two tribunals.

Well for us Essendon supporters, we don't know what level of comfortable satisfaction CAS will place so of course we'd be eagerly awaiting the date. I'd imagine that it is lower than the AFL Tribunal. I think if they are comfortably satisfied that TB4 was present and if the circumstantial evidence suggests that this was given to the players, then all 34 are gone. But I am slightly leaning towards a not comfortably satisfied verdict based on previous knowledge and admittedly, bias.

Which board will meltdown the most:
Saints if they lose Carlisle for 2 years or Port if they lose Ryder/Monf?
Jake was found innocent by the AFL tribunal, featuring some of the most respected minds in tribunaling. I am expecting an apology this very Swiss Monday.

Imagine how you'll look when unable to accept the decision of two tribunals.

I'll easily accept the CAS decision.

Guilty people/entities are freed all the time because of proof levels, procedural stuff ups, good QC's etc etc. It happens.

Like the people/cases mentioned in the post you quoted though, to be seen as innocent is a whole other thing.

Nobody but the particular adherents to each defendant cheers.

How typical. Speak shit and run off.

Well you've been doing the former for well on three years now. What on earth are you going to do with yourself after Tuesday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you've been doing the former for well on three years now. What on earth are you going to do with yourself after Tuesday?
Back up buddy. Enough deflections. You've accused me of something on here and you are categorically wrong. I expect an apology.

I'll easily accept the CAS decision.

Guilty people/entities are freed all the time because of proof levels, procedural stuff ups, good QC's etc etc. It happens.

Like the people/cases mentioned in the post you quoted though, to be seen as innocent is a whole other thing.

Nobody but the particular adherents to each defendant cheers.
You mentioned Lance Armstrong who had sworn statements from his teammates and a wealth of other evidence implicating him. I'm not sure how you equate this case with that one. You're either being deliberately mischievous or simply do not understand. I leaning on the latter as you have brought it up before.

Yet even if CAS find the same ruling as the AFL Tribunal which consisted of two of the country's top former judges, you still prefer to accept ASADA's flimsy evidence. An outstanding study in lynch mob mentality.

You mentioned Lance Armstrong who had sworn statements from his teammates and a wealth of other evidence implicating him. I'm not sure how you equate this case with that one. You're either being deliberately mischievous or simply do not understand. I leaning on the latter as you have brought it up before.

Yet even if CAS find the same ruling as the AFL Tribunal which consisted of two of the country's top former judges, you still prefer to accept ASADA's flimsy evidence. An outstanding study in lynch mob mentality.

Yep, just like a Pharmstronger, a Pellite, a Cairnsite, an O.J'er.....it is a lynch mob out to set up and lynch their hero.

Completely oblivious to how they look to the outside world, forever will they remain.

ARRRRGGHHH.

This is the day that I travel overseas to North America. 3 years worth of delay and bs leads to this day, meaning that I will be delayed and won't get to watch the meltdown (or participate in it).
Tell you what - PM me some thought and I'll post them in your place. Think of it as a postal vote

Interesting!

But it would be up to the AFL to take Jobe's brownlow off him?... which I can't see them doing personally.

Correct. But CAS may well include that in their statement which then puts enormous pressure on the AFL to follow through.

But if Jobe had any decency he would hand it back. Which I suspect he would do.

Mitchell and Cotchin wouldnt want to get it and would say so, meaning the AFL then decides whether to give it to them anyway, or the 2012 Brownlow has a *.

Correct. But CAS may well include that in their statement which then puts enormous pressure on the AFL to follow through.

But if Jobe had any decency he would hand it back. Which I suspect he would do.

Mitchell and Cotchin wouldnt want to get it and would say so, meaning the AFL then decides whether to give it to them anyway, or the 2012 Brownlow has a *.
Tim W said he'd be devastated if his son lost the Brownlow. Devastation over a medallion awarded by umpires. Not half as devastated as the saints were when he graced their club. If Jobe does lose it, they should just leave a blank for that year with no winner as a reminder.

Tim W said he'd be devastated if his son lost the Brownlow. Devastation over a medallion awarded by umpires. Not half as devastated as the saints were when he graced their club. If Jobe does lose it, they should just leave a blank for that year with no winner as a reminder.

I would be happy with this. We have had a few years where the highest vote getting has had a *. The year getting a * will be the reminder to all players that it is absolutely their responsibility to control what goes in their bodies. Even though it wouldl be fitting for Mitchell to get recognition for his incredible career.

I don't buy it.
I don't reckon a club would be that reckless, unless given some assurance or incentive.

I mean seriously, pick 5 for a guy that could very realistically be banned for 2 years before he even plays a game for the club? And they weren't the only club prepared to do it either.

The scenario where Essendon is unable to offload any disgruntled players and/or trade back into the draft due to being blacklisted by all other clubs would be an absolute disaster the AFL.
It'd be a look for the game that the AFL simply wouldn't allow.

You are on fire today. The eternal fountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back