Case for the defence of...

Remove this Banner Ad

He would round out the top 2, but he has been shite in a handful of games this season so that works against him.

BK - Rafael would be our hope in a few years time.

I know:p

Just thought i would take the piss out of a certain member:rolleyes:

In all seriousness i would say Sagna but if Bos can lift a little he will be number 1!!11!!1!!11!1!111!!

We had spent about 50m in transfer before Robbie left so that is a load of shit. I don't rate Levy as he has no football brain but he has ambition.
Yes we have spent and spent big but as football fans we have seen that is has been dumb spending, surely a football player would be able to see this also. And when its happening at your club as a player you would get a little pissed wouldn't you

I'm going to defend Defina18. He is the keeper of his school team, and watches a lot of EPL games. He also can read statistics, and listen to commentators.

Edwin van der Saar is undesputably the best keeper ever.

for a female looking sarena williams he is pretty good

:D

Serena is the man.

She would make a mean central defender. Plus she could double as waterboy (or alcoboy). How many bottles could she have sitting there?

Thought I'd dig up this beauty of a thread.

I'll make a case for Jason Roberts, this bloke has had it tough. Had he ever played in a 4-4-2 formation, or does he just get plonked in a 7-3-1 formation? Give the poor bloke some support.

Titus Bramble has become a beast, and until he has his stock-standard brain fade for the Black Cats, I'll back him in all the way, and with a name like Titus, who wouldn't? His performance against Man City was immense.

On a local front, I'd go with Lloyd Owusu. The poor bloke was r*ped by Pneumonia and then Swine Flu is his first pre-season, scored in his 2nd game (sure he didn't score for another 10), then got struck down with injury again. And his pre-season this year is killed by more injuries. But hey, 200k per year is a big deal for the A-League, but I have confidence he will perform eventually!

Id like to stick up for Martinez at Wigan. The guy has guts to try some outlandish things and sometimes they blow up in his face (4-0 to Blackpool for example) but the guy realises his errors and changes the team and gameplan at will but most importantly he does this QUICKLY. He realises hes made a mistake and admits to it. Gutsy manager who has managed to keep a tossrag like NZogbia in check this month aswell as steer Wigan back to some better performances. Good manager

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope.

Also, if I ever posted it I renounce my support for Alan Smith.

****ing spud.

AlanSmith2.jpg

I'd like someone to defend xavi being a better player than cesc. Cesc has way more assists and goals in the last 5 years playing along side players like diaby and song. Xavi has had iniesta and messi. Xaxi would be an epic fail playing along side the players cesc has. It took cesc a couple of minutes to win the WC final for spain, somethng xavi had been trying to do the whole game. Looking at the two I don't see many areas where xavi is superior to cesc. The argument that xavi has won trophies is irrelevant when comparing players individually.

Nobody's saying Fabregas isn't a brilliant player. But only an idiot would say Xavi isn't. And Xavi's been doing it for over ten years.

You're clearly letting your personal animus against him cloud your judgement. Nothing wrong with that. I do it all the time.

Nobody's saying Fabregas isn't a brilliant player. But only an idiot would say Xavi isn't. And Xavi's been doing it for over ten years.

You're clearly letting your personal animus against him cloud your judgement. Nothing wrong with that. I do it all the time.

What where did I say xavi isn't a brilliant player? I'm asking what makes people say he is a better player.

that's debatable.

I don't think anyone included Xavi in the absolute elite class of midfielders more than three years ago.
Pirlo was easily better than him until the season after Milan won the Champions League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Case for the defence of...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back