Mr Gor

Don Mega
Jun 11, 2008
Colorado
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Emanuel Augustus
Is it time to cash in on Palmer? Has he reached his peak?

He currently costs $342,800 after going down $5,200 last week and looks to be on the downward slope of his ride. He is starting to cop tags and Peter Bell's retirement doesn't help his cause. This week he comes up against the Pink Pig (Ling) himself. Who else would Ling go to?

I rate this kid but I don't think he's good enough to continue getting over 20 touches a game with the amount of attention he'll start to receive.

His next 4 rounds (up to DT finals):
Rd 15 Geelong (Ling?)
Rd 16 Melbourne (Dunn?)
Rd 17 Port Adelaide (K.Cornes?)
Rd 18 West Coast (Selwood/Stenglein?)

I was going to hold onto him until the DT finals but at the risk of his price dropping I was thinking of trading him in now (a low score against Geelong will severely hurt his price leading up to finals).

What do you guys reckon?

the only reason i will hold on to him is because i need to get rid of FRIGGEN JED ADCOCK who couldnt handle a tag if it were sewn to his shirt...

Keep on chuggin Rhysy boy!

Is it time to cash in on Palmer? Has he reached his peak?

He currently costs $342,800 after going down $5,200 last week and looks to be on the downward slope of his ride. He is starting to cop tags and Peter Bell's retirement doesn't help his cause. This week he comes up against the Pink Pig (Ling) himself. Who else would Ling go to?

I rate this kid but I don't think he's good enough to continue getting over 20 touches a game with the amount of attention he'll start to receive.

His next 4 rounds (up to DT finals):
Rd 15 Geelong (Ling?)
Rd 16 Melbourne (Dunn?)
Rd 17 Port Adelaide (K.Cornes?)
Rd 18 West Coast (Selwood/Stenglein?)

I was going to hold onto him until the DT finals but at the risk of his price dropping I was thinking of trading him in now (a low score against Geelong will severely hurt his price leading up to finals).

What do you guys reckon?

Yep, if your backline is holding together then Palmer is the one to go this week. Most teams that scored huge this week had 6 gun midfielders with scores well above 100 and i just don't think Palmer has it in him to score consistently over 100.

I guess it depends on whether you are going for a league win or overall though. He won't drop dramatically in price and there are always a good selection of midfielders available from as low as 300k.

I traded out Palmer aswell.
I just cant see him sustaining his form.

1. Its his first AFL year I can see him getting tired and sore as the season progresses and getting lower TOG and less mobile through the game. Watching freo play he generally is very quite in the 4th quater which leads me to think he hasnt yet got the tank/level of fitness to really play out the seasons games at his current level.

2. With Freo's poor midfield, Bell retiring and other teams becoming aware of Palmers impact he has been getting the no1 or two tag significantly more often as the season progresses.

3. Its been mentioned by many, including in articles he will likely be rested at some point. Id expect him to be rested in the next 3-5 weeks and possibly a second time if you see him rested in 3 weeks time.

IIRC he plays collingwood in rd 22, so thats a guarenteed 95+, if you are confident you can make the GF there is no point trading him IMO.

Looking at getting rid of him this week. 5 trades left. Don't really want to use 2 trades so looking at a straight swap.

Question is...who?

Corey
Cross
Green
Priddis
Black
Carrazzo
B.Harvey
Hodge
Mitchell

Out of these its really Cross vs Corey...

Looking at getting rid of him this week. 5 trades left. Don't really want to use 2 trades so looking at a straight swap.

Question is...who?

Corey
Cross
Green
Priddis
Black
Carrazzo
B.Harvey
Hodge
Mitchell

Out of these its really Cross vs Corey...

The safe bet would be Corey or Cross. The punt that could really pay off and leave you with a bit of cash for later would be Hodge. Scored over 100 with barely half a game on the paddock - could be a dream run home!

I voted cash him in - but that is because I want to bring in Bartel and Ablett. And with Ling gaining dollars I figured I do the Palmer - Bartel now and then do Ling to Ablett in about 2 weeks

He's been a great contributor to my side, as he has to all those that got him either at the beginning, or at some stage throughout the season.

He's currently my 6th midfielder, and he's still doing quite well. You can count on him delivering a pretty decent score week in week out, and that's what I need at the moment.

In my league I'm going to make DT finals with him in my side so I see no reason to trade him yet. I've planned that I will trade him out for Ablett once finals arrive.

I'd only keep him now if you can't afford to upgrade to a premium or have bugger all trades left. I dont think he'll have any trouble scoring 80-90 each week, even with tags, but if you can upgrade to someone who can potentially score 130-150 then that's a much better scenario.

A premium is going to be worth at least 10-20 points per week more on average and possibly up to 70 or 80 points in a blinder..ie Gabblet, Swan, Thompson.

I picked the option that he has peaked which he hasnt.. my answer is just yes.

Just because of the fact Bell is gone and he is going to get the heavy tag... hmm how many times do I have to write this!!

he might be tagged but will they be that hard? i mean, hes not exactly damaging with his disposal or anything..yet ofcourse. it is his first year as metioned, so even if say ling went to him he probably wouldn't be on his hammer as much as on a judd or someone.

I really want to get Bartel in since he is below $400k atm, but to do so I would need to get about $35k in cash so I was going to downgrade Wellingham (to who??) to get the dough and upgrade Palmer to Bartel.

I currently have 7 trades left. Any thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't believe it's dead even (no - 31, yes - 31)

either way i think i'm gonna hold onto him till finals. can't hurt to keep him cos everyone in my league's got him anyway. just sold houli for valenti (yes i know he's a forward as well and it's a sin to get him in the centres but it was the best move i could make). so that leaves me with $240k in the bank with a solid team and 4 trades for the finals.

I really want to get Bartel in since he is below $400k atm, but to do so I would need to get about $35k in cash so I was going to downgrade Wellingham (to who??) to get the dough and upgrade Palmer to Bartel.

I currently have 7 trades left. Any thoughts?

just had a look and there's not many cheap centres left that look like they're gonna play.

the few i could see were: Eddy (72k), Hinkley (107k), and Valenti (120k)

Thoughts on Hodge in for Palmer?

I like it, especially if you're in it for the league win.... He has a great record Vs Carlton (R22 opponent). My only concern is whether Hodge's sometimes hot head earns him another enforced break before the season's out.

I expect him to come home very strongly, but keep in mind the Hawks are playing Sydney this Round.

I'm tossing up between Hodge and Corey (Already have Bartel & Ablett). I'm going to wait at least until after this Round (maybe longer) before I pull the trigger. I've got Cornes, Burgoyne, Jake King, Cox & Porps, all of whom may require a trade before the season's over.

I like it, especially if you're in it for the league win.... He has a great record Vs Carlton (R22 opponent). My only concern is whether Hodge's sometimes hot head earns him another enforced break before the season's out.

I expect him to come home very strongly, but keep in mind the Hawks are playing Sydney this Round.

I'm tossing up between Hodge and Corey (Already have Bartel & Ablett). I'm going to wait at least until after this Round (maybe longer) before I pull the trigger. I've got Cornes, Burgoyne, Jake King, Cox & Porps, all of whom may require a trade before the season's over.
I've brought in Hodge for Palmer. Had buggerall trades left but have reasonable depth on the bench - more importantly, i'm not too far off the leader and ain't gonna die wondering.

Couldn't afford Bartel, missing that boat's gonna hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cash in on Palmer now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back