Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 10 Discussion - Indigenous Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally conjoured up the cojones to check my score - 2239. Back to 5k after being 1k with good cash 3 weeks ago (or as I now call it the time since 'PZ' - Post Ziebell).

Copped JJ and a Ginbey 24 this week. I think that's called self inflicted so my own fault.

My trade ins netted 213 between them (Smith and Hobbs) and I'm still nowhere near it..

The way it's been going I'll bring Merrett in this week and Simmo will tag him for a 65.

There hasn't been one sheep pick this year that has broken in the first quarter. Doch, Oliver (now) etc all had the decency to ton up before breaking. So if you have gone unique you look like a grade A chump.

After being the second highest averaging mid in the first month, Brad Crouch has been absolutely reprehensible.

Even if I have a good run at the back end of the year I'm too far gone.

Still... it's only a game eh?

Last edited:

Why wouldn't Ginbey he allocated a tackle then just prior to the McKenzie goal?
This is the tackle missed - it was better than this pic shows, bringing Butler around 180 degrees to the ground - Butler does get the ball away but they pay way less and it was a legit tackle:

1684714116940.png

This is the tackle missed - it was better than this pic shows, bringing Butler around 180 degrees to the ground - Butler does get the ball away but they pay way less and it was a legit tackle:

View attachment 1693655
What is the rule in which CD pay points for a tackle? My son thinks that if they lay a tackle and the ball isn't disposed of then the points apply.

What is the rule in which CD pay points for a tackle? My son thinks that if they lay a tackle and the ball isn't disposed of then the points apply.
Plenty get disposed of, especially with the arms getting raised in / during a tackle......

Disposal can't go to a teammate.

Saw Ginbey take a bloke across the line yesterday and didn't get awarded.

As for the Butler one, when I check the score above, I'd definitely stopped watching 17 v 18 by that point lol

It's a tackle that results in a stoppage or the ball turning over is my understanding. Unclear on 'loose' balls that go to a contest.

Plenty get disposed of, especially with the arms getting raised in / during a tackle......
yeah that was the point i raised to my son, the ball spills out but was still regarded as a tackle, would be interesting to find out the definition from CD

I think the wording is physical force to cause an ineffective disposal. Or something to that nature. So a bump as they disposal of the ball can still cause a +4. Doesn't need to be two hands around the player

Where it gets messy is the ineffective part. You know those instances where players blind kick the ball around the corner or fling a handball out without looking. If it ends up in teammates hands it's no +4. If it ends up on the ground or opposition possession it's +4

I would say at least 50% of +4's awarded are down to luck. When tackled most players are trying to desperately get rid of the ball without looking where it's going

Pretty happy with it, lost by money league match up by 6 because of Whitfield... Saints kept bombing it and he kept touching the dang thing.

16k 2 weeks ago, went back out to 19k now back to 16k. Slow grind. My PODs need to be on for me to fly in

2223. Fell about 2k spots. Was slowly making ground then the last 2 weeks have dropped back. Frustrating.

Needed JJ to hold off a week before getting injured. Inconsiderate bastard.

Traded Ashcroft too early (two weeks ago to Fio), that's what's killed me the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2253 for me .....fell 800 spots, which surprised me .....happy with my team, some good PODS, and my time will come to have a big week & make-up some ground

It feels like there's a bunching up happening in rankings, in that middle group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back